It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally figured it out! The cure for everything?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
a reply to: Gyo01

Lately Ive read here that:
1) MAry Jane kills ebola
2) silver nanites kill ebola
So yeah... screw it... I'm down for your cure too. Screw it...weed kills all and cures all!

The sad thing is when people read this pure bull# they are fooled into trying it with bad results... but hey who a i to step in the way of science.

You've gotta be kidding right?

Silver and marijuana have antimicrobial and antiviral properties.. I can link you National institute of health studies from the Government.. The Studies don't claim anything like that "kills ebola."

The science shows that there is an interruption of enzymes that would naturally be used in replication of Ebola. This means if you catch it early and inject not ingest nano silver particulates that you can slow the spread of Ebola inside your body enough for your antibodies to build up and you can fight it off.

I have looked through lots of studies showing the body makes antibodies that cure Ebola, it's just that they aren't in a high enough concentration to prevent organ damage.. However if you can slow down the spread by shutting off enzymes that are used to replicate viral DNA/RNA... You are in business.. And that's what the studies show.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

LOL

JAJAJAJA

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

See, therein lies your ignorance. Even if marijuana was curing diseases in a manner your rant suggested it would not be the THC that was doing the curing, after all, how could a psycho-active chemical cure anything? It won't (that's the feel better part). On the other hand, the CBD will likely be the chemical doing the healing.

just sayin...

That's not true..

Here is a study on THC delta 9...

National Institute of Health

Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits cell cycle progression in human breast cancer cells through Cdc2 regulation.

That study goes on to explain that it doesn't inhibit healthy breast cells from growing only the cancerous ones.

THC is one of the anti cancer pieces. People will say that THC doesn't kill cancer and it doesn't. Some of the proven effects in Government studies show that it can slow growth. BUT the main promising factor is way more important..

"Marijuana And Cancer: Scientists Find Cannabis Compound Stops Metastasis In Aggressive Cancers"

If you understand cancer you understand that metastasis is the thing that will kill you, not the tumor.

That is the CBD part not the THC part. But both have anti cancer properties.

edit on 19-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The endocannabinoid receptor system has an huge effect on human biology and our brains have more cannabinoid receptors than any other receptors. Once cannabinoids can legally be tested and prescribed by doctors on a federal level I think we will all be amazed with how wide spread the benefits are.

There's a true conspiracy for you right there if there ever was one. Obviously the pharmaceutical companies would fight with every fiber of there being to keep it illegal, you can't patient a plant and they want you buying pills from them and not growing your medicine in your vegetable garden.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Antiviral activity of silver nanoparticle/chitosan composites against H1N1 influenza A virus.

?

Silver nanoparticles inhibit hepatitis B virus replication.

?

Those are from the national institute of health. I have many more.

I linked in another thread about the exact effects of Silver nano particles on Ebola enzymes from the national institute of health, but having trouble finding it again.

Here it is:
If you look at this link and have looked into Ebola Virus and how it replicates, you will understand the enzymes it is talking about.

Silver and Gold Nanoparticles Alter Cathepsin Activity In vitro

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
Sorry, the cure all will be a 3 mile iron comet hitting the earth..
Yep. i said it

LMAO!!!,,.......

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

It also doesn't cure my over indulgence of food and snacks, asthma, and a few STDs I got from my ex around Xmas, and from her sister's. I find like others, that cannabis is good in moderation only....

See instruction manual and labeling, lol

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
Hold on to ur hats ladies and gents! After much research I have become convinced that marijuana cures everything. Forget what u have been told and buy some NOW before it is too late!

FDA approved to ameliorate AIDS-associated wasting.
Source: National Institute of health.

Because cannabinoid receptors are expressed on cells of the immune system, chronic Δ9-THC use may impact HIV disease progression.

These results indicate that chronic Δ9-THC does not increase viral load or aggravate morbidity and may actually ameliorate SIV disease progression. We speculate that reduced levels of SIV, retention of body mass, and attenuation of inflammation are likely mechanisms for Δ9-THC-mediated modulation of disease progression that warrant further study.

In english it reads Marijuana helps with AIDS, as an ANTIVIRAL, not just in helping you not waste away by eating more. It's a National study that tried to prove THC was bad for you, but it proved the opposite, in that it reduced the spread of SIV. If only they would do more studies (as HIV and SIV are not exactly the same), but they are seriously lacking because of the constraints put on real science.

People don't make this stuff up to annoy you. It's all right there. If you have a curious mind and want to research it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

lol.. just do us all a favor and take your weed and silver... please do it heavily...

and peace.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

lol.. just do us all a favor and take your weed and silver... please do it heavily...

and peace.

I don't take either. You are not posting anything of substance. I defend other things that I don't partake in such as gay marriage and gun rights as well.

Basically I'm on the side of science. But I doubt you would trust all those National institute of Health studies right?
That wold be too hard.

Journal of general Virology

Both herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) failed, in an identical fashion to replicate and produce extensive c.p.e. in human cell monolayer cultures which were exposed (8 h before infection, at infection, or 8 h p.i.) to various concentrations of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Similar results were obtained with a plaque assay utilizing confluent monkey cells. Possible mechanisms for this antiviral activity are discussed.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It helps with my chronic sobriety. It also helps with insomnia. Other than that it just slows me down.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Who is us? Do you refer to yourself in the third person like Gollum?

Or... is "us" just a blanket term for "people you think think like you think and therefore, regardless of whatever irrefutable evidence may be produced arguing in favor of the contrary, you continue to think what you think?" Furthermore, why would you care how heavily one uses their supply of marijuana/silver? I don't know about the silver but I know for a certainty that the marijuana isn't going to hurt you much, you have a higher chance of being killed in a car crash...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

It also doesn't cure my over indulgence of food and snacks, asthma, and a few STDs I got from my ex around Xmas, and from her sister's.

That's interesting that you have not gotten any results with your asthma, I always thought the research pointed the other way. ncbi.nim.nih.gov

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Gyo01

From my perspective, alcohol cures everything too, while destroying the liver though.

Oh wow lol, I figured you were being irnoic in your op, but this, this I have no idea what to make of...

As someone who had his life destroyed "by"(through if you will) alcohol and eventually literally saved (see post history if curious..) by marijuana, I am seriously offended to be honest...

What exactly does alcohol cure, and do you not see how claiming something ridiculous like that damages the credibility of the medicinal benefits of marijuana (which are slowly but surely becoming scientifically undeniable)?

Alcohol cures NOTHING, not even your mind, as you seem to allude. Its a guaranteed slow and painful death if you are susceptible to alcohol addiction and all too few people understand its a "disease" that some are more prone for than others. Psychological problems? Easily susceptible to addictions? Alcohol fixes social anxieties etc? Wow, Im cured! Yeah, till one day you wake up in the real world again and realise you're no longer in control but the alcohol is. Some cure huh. Then you drop it and almost die! Im fixed doc, thank god for alcohol!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

It also doesn't cure my over indulgence of food and snacks, asthma, and a few STDs I got from my ex around Xmas, and from her sister's.

That's interesting that you have not gotten any results with your asthma, I always thought the research pointed the other way. ncbi.nim.nih.gov

Yep, my asthma is completely under control when i smoke daily

When i dont though it starts flaring up again just like it was before i ever started smoking

Interesting to note, i started smoking with tobacco and didnt get any beneficial effects, the opposite happened... I dropped the nasty tobacco and damn, what a change! Never ever refer to the effects of a mixed spliff when talking about medical effects therefore, because the tobacco really in my experience messes things up!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
See, therein lies your ignorance. Even if marijuana was curing diseases in a manner your rant suggested it would not be the THC that was doing the curing, after all, how could a psycho-active chemical cure anything? It won't (that's the feel better part). On the other hand, the CBD will likely be the chemical doing the healing.

It's used to treat nausea and increase appetite. It's available as a prescription Marinol and Cesamet.
edit on 19-10-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

and peace.

You make sure you at least enjoy that glass of koolaid when you gulp it down eagerly!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

Tobacco closes your blood flow down. It restricts your blood vessels. That's bad for anyone but more so if you have any kind of cardiovascular problems. Marijuana has the opposite effect. Your experience makes sense to me.

The other poster talking about alcohol was making a terrible attempt to say that believing marijuana has medical effects is like believing alcohol cures everything.

He was using sarcasm in a bad way again. For that sarcasm to make sense you would need for people supporting marijuana for medical benefits to also support alcohol, but most people into marijuana compare the two as opposites. Or in other words he missed the mark again.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

MJ might have benefits. It might have disadvantages too. I do not know of either. From my POV, MJ does absolutely nothing but turn into smoke and ash when set afire.

edit on 19/10/2014 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/10/2014 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

MJ might have benefits. It might have disadvantages too. I do not know of either. From my POV, MJ does absolutely nothing but create smoke when set afire.

"I do not know of whats good or bad about marijuana, and speaking from that limited perspective, to me it's something that burns."

Gotcha that makes sense as per your attitude.

When looking closer there are both benefits and disadvantages. It's not a cure all, but it does many more things good than bad, and it's no comparison to toxic substances such as alcohol.

Oh and you don't have to burn plants these days especially if a medical benefit for a certain ailment is the desired outcome.

You did make me laugh though, and laughter is one of the best medicines so thank you haha. I mean that for real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join