It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I got my MANDATORY flu shot Friday and I've felt like crap since I woke up Saturday...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:51 PM
Personally the one time I got a flu shot, I ended up with pneumonia a few weeks later and it damn near put me in the hospital. I wasn't back 100% for months

Since I have a 3 month old I have been considering getting it... but the last time I got it was also because I had an infant.

Not sure what to do

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:02 PM

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
a reply to: lovebeck

read #3...

use google. its a friend for you if you did not get a science degree.

I use Google and understand how to use it, so idk why u added that snarky comment...

As for the rest of your useless post, I NEVER said I had the flu.

By the way, I actually do have a degree in science!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:08 PM

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
a reply to: windword

I guess I just choose to believe in science and logic.... sorry guys. sorry for your trials and tribulations with the flu shot.

No, you believe in, wait for it.....Web MD???

THAT is your SOURCE, your linked source, for "science and logic"?

You can just go troll somewhere else now and GTHO of here...

edit on 19-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
I did consider calling in sick and calling employee health to tell them how their mandatory vax made me feel.

But, I am feeling better and have definitely gone to work feeling much worse in the I'll tough it out.

We only get four call offs a year....number five is a warning. It's total BS, we work with sick people. Um, we're going to get sick, have emergencies, etc! Four call ins a year is ridiculous!!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:22 PM
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Just make sure you research it and what type you get. I had no issues other than soreness at the injection site the last few years. Idk what the heck happened this year!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:46 PM
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Do exactly what that registered nurse says minus the vaccine and you will get the same result.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:43 AM
Funny that i should read this after having looked after 2 people today both hospitalised after a adverse reaction to the flu shot. Not anything serous enough to kill but made them feel rough enough to end up taking up a hospital bed for a night, really just for investigation to make sure it was the jab and not anything more sinister but all the same.

As i Nurse I have never gotten the jab and never go the flu.

I am not one of these "Big-Pharma conspiracy" advocates but I still wouldn't get that jab.

if nothing else a does of the flu means a week or two of work.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 07:58 PM
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

That doesn't sound like science and logic at all. Fact: flu insert ON the shot says fluish symptoms for 48 hours can happen. They TELL you this can happen. So there seems nothing unscientific about it.

Logic: droves of people report getting the flu shot and feeling like crap for days after. Logic = the flu shot made them feel like crap. Many people do not need a "study" or report from the top to deduce what's in front of their eyes.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:03 PM

originally posted by: research100

Rarely, people who get the flu shot have fever, muscle pain, and feelings of discomfort or weakness. If experienced at all, these effects usually last 1-2 days after vaccination and are much less severe than actual flu illness.

The trouble is, it is not rarely. There are thousands and thousands of these reports every single year. "Rarely" is quite a hilarious word to use here. And it is quite logical that yes, some people GET the flu from the shot. This is obviously something people who give the shot will never admit. But they just do not understand everything they think they do. It causes flu symptoms apparently/'supposedly' because it is invoking an immune reaction. In other words, you're getting a mini case of the flu so that your body can protect itself, etc. It only goes to reason that for those who get full flu after the shot (of which there are also thousands of reports) that people DO indeed get the flu from the shot. Several people's arms were so sore after flu shots that they could not lift them for months, could not go to work. I'd rather get the flu in that case.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:08 PM

originally posted by: ZeroReady
The reason we get flu shots now is so that we don't have another pandemic like in 1918. The flu killed 20-40 MILLION people.

You may feel slightly ill after getting a shot, you may even actually still get the flu, but you won't die from it anymore. You should feel lucky that you only have symptoms like body aches and being tired, instead of drowning in your own bodily fluids or hemorrhaging out your eyeballs.

Please get your damn flu shots.

Nobody seems to be considering the Canadian study from a couple of years ago, that has also been replicated in two other countries that shows that getting the flu shot INCREASES your chances of getting pandamic flu. It quietly wafted through a few mainstream news sources, peer reviewed, etc., but no one wants to think about it. During the H1N1 period, many scientists said that one of the reasons people who were older were either not getting it or not coming down with a bad case of it was because they HAD HAD A VARIANT OF IT BEFORE, and their immune system was protected. This points to the fact that if you never get the flu, depend on flu shots, you will never have any natural immunity (flu shots do NOT last more than a couple of years) and you would likely be worse off during a pandamic flu episode than those who never got shots.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:42 PM

Hanging your job over your head like that is sick and twisted.
The person that would fire you is sick and twisted.

new topics

<< 1   >>