It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got my MANDATORY flu shot Friday and I've felt like crap since I woke up Saturday...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have to get a yearly mandatory flu vax for my job. If I don't get it, I get fired. Period.

So I got mine afriday night before I left work. I have been a mess since!

Body aches, low grade fever, headache, and very very tired. The arm I got the shot in feels weak and the pain is unreal where the injection went in. All the way up into my shoulder even!

I just woke up, been asleep most of the day which is unlike me. Have to go back to work tomorrow, too.

Wahhhhh, that's how I feel.

End rant.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I say you should call in sick tomorrow! Lots of people get sick from the flu shot. You've earned a sick day!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I get mine Wednesday, hopefully you feel better tomorrow!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

JHC...

read #3...

use google. its a friend for you if you did not get a science degree.

FLU SHOT DOESNT FRIGGIN CAUSE SICKNESS

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
I have to get a yearly mandatory flu vax for my job. If I don't get it, I get fired. Period.

Remind me to never get a job where you work. If I were you I would feel worse about that than getting sick from the flu. There's just no way I would ever work for a company that mandates something like that.

I sure hope they pay you well, and I'm assuming you work in the healthcare field.
edit on 19-10-2014 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

JHC...

read #3...

use google. its a friend for you if you did not get a science degree.

FLU SHOT DOESNT FRIGGIN CAUSE SICKNESS

Google lies in case you didn't notice. Now why would information say something that millions of people take that costs money be completely safe and worthwhile? Haha you must not know science very well, cause it's ruled by money.

My Ex got sick EVERY time she got a flu shot within 24 hours. Kindergarten teacher job made her. It's no joke. I havn't known a person to have a flu shot and actually be immune that season. I've never seen it happen. The only people I've ever known who don't get sick also don't get flu shots.

And by the way in the Army we got vaccinated and all of us got sick. Thing is they KNEW that would happen. I have never gotten sick in years and years except for that one time the Army vaccinated me.

It's no secret. I'm surprised you are so callous.
edit on 19-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

I've had docs and pharmacist tell me it can in fact get you sick but it is just highly unlikely.
I read the link and get the reasoning, just saying heard different.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I guess I just choose to believe in science and logic.... sorry guys. sorry for your trials and tribulations with the flu shot.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I have actually never gotten a flu shot. My bad.

I just remember when my daughter was a baby, and how sick she'd get after getting vaccines. The Polio shot was especially harsh for her.

edit on 19-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Why do some people not feel well after getting the flu shot?

The flu shot can cause mild side effects that are sometimes mistaken for flu. For example, people sometimes experience a sore arm where the shot was given. The soreness is often caused by a person’s immune system making protective antibodies in response to being vaccinated. These antibodies are what allow the body to fight against flu. The needle stick may also cause some soreness at the injection site. Rarely, people who get the flu shot have fever, muscle pain, and feelings of discomfort or weakness. If experienced at all, these effects usually last 1-2 days after vaccination and are much less severe than actual flu illness.

last year when I got my flu shot I had little fever that night and felt kind of not well and my arm was a little sore....your immune system is making antibodies from the shot and it can make you feel bad and have fever.

your reaction sounds more than mine was...I agree with the other poster...you should get a sick day if you feel crappy tomorrow

edit on 19-10-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I guess I just choose to believe in science and logic.... sorry guys. sorry for your trials and tribulations with the flu shot.

Don't say you're sorry if you are not sorry, that's just a sorry sorry attitude to take. yucky.

I'm very logical and I actually use science. Science says you can have flu like symptoms from a flu shot. That aside. In every person I have ever known to get a flu shot... They have ALL gotten the Flu. Tested by "science" as in MDs.

Money money money... Don't get so upset.

Have a heart and actually be sorry she doesn't feel too good.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

Don't say you're sorry if you are not sorry, that's just a sorry sorry attitude to take. yucky.

I'm very logical and I actually use science. Science says you can have flu like symptoms from a flu shot. That aside. In every person I have ever known to get a flu shot... They have ALL gotten the Flu. Tested by "science" as in MDs.

Money money money... Don't get so upset.

Have a heart and actually be sorry she doesn't feel too good.

LOOOOOLLL///

Well make sure 100% of all people you know document their flu shot and consequent flu... and they damn near may win scientific awards for their discoveries.

cheers

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The reason we get flu shots now is so that we don't have another pandemic like in 1918. The flu killed 20-40 MILLION people.

You may feel slightly ill after getting a shot, you may even actually still get the flu, but you won't die from it anymore. You should feel lucky that you only have symptoms like body aches and being tired, instead of drowning in your own bodily fluids or hemorrhaging out your eyeballs.

Please get your damn flu shots.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Got the nose spray a few weeks back. Mandatory in the army. Spent the weekend feeling like 3 day old moldy diarrhea...

Haven't been sick so far this year, however.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
The reason we get flu shots now is so that we don't have another pandemic like in 1918. The flu killed 20-40 MILLION people.

You may feel slightly ill after getting a shot, you may even actually still get the flu, but you won't die from it anymore. You should feel lucky that you only have symptoms like body aches and being tired, instead of drowning in your own bodily fluids or hemorrhaging out your eyeballs.

Don't bother. People here think vaccines are a conspiracy to kill people.

Nevermind the mortality rates of the past due to diseases we now vaccinate for.

Nevermind the diseases we have eradicated thanks to vaccination programs.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yes, they do make you ill. If you used Google, and went beyond all the government-sponsored websites, you could find ditties such as this:

Hi
), Registered Nurse here; Sorry to hear your feeling bad. The answer is yes the flu shot can make one sick, and throwing up is certainly seen with the flu. The flue shot stimulates your bodies immune system to kick out antibiotics to increase the resistance of getting the flu. In some people when the immune system is given this boost there body goes into kick butt mode so to speak, and you feel tired, may run a low grade fever, have headache, and in some the pain of a headache will cause further nausea and vomiting. Pamper yourself,, get plenty of rest, maintain adequate fluid intake, such as: juices, apple, grape, Gatorade, power drinks, etc. Take ibuprofen, Tylenol, for aches, pains, and fever. You should be feeling better in couple of days.

answers.yahoo.com...

However, I don't need strangers or the gubmint on Google to tell me what I already know: Each year that I got the flu shot at my previous job, I ALWAYS got a horrific case of the flu a few months later. I always felt sick right after the shot. I have never NOT gotten the flu when I have gotten the shot, which tells me either that it weakened my immune system, or it wasn't the correct strain for whatever was going around a few months down the road.

Ask yourself this: If it cannot make you sick, why are immunocompromised people (such as people undergoing chemo) asked to avoid anybody who has gotten a flu shot for weeks?

WAKE UP.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: ZeroReady

Don't bother. People here think vaccines are a conspiracy to kill people.

Nevermind the mortality rates of the past due to diseases we now vaccinate for.

Nevermind the diseases we have eradicated thanks to vaccination programs.

sometimes a wasted post.... is a wasted post... at ATS

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

When you're right, you're right..

Silly me.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

LOOOOOLLL///

Well make sure 100% of all people you know document their flu shot and consequent flu... and they damn near may win scientific awards for their discoveries.

cheers

Nah you don't win awards for the obvious. The Flu shot can work for certain strains of a flu, but I've never seen it work personally. I never claimed my personal experience was scientific, but just scientifically you can't say the flu shot makes you safe from getting the flu.

But just so we are clear their (Every person I know) flu cases are documented by the doctors they went to after they got their flu shots.. Not to mention EVERY one of us got sick in the Army after we got vaccinated, though I am not talking about flu shots in that case.

I know lots and lots of people. I've seen enough that I don't need to get a flu shot to know I don't want one. I'm the only person I know who doesn't get the flu, haha.. Imagine that.

And what is LOOOOLLLL//// if not a sign that you shouldn't have alcohol and post?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join