It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement released from Duncan family No Ebola all Safe.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
Hello? That thread is gone now? Wth???

It was titled like "blah blah blah and now they are a sneezin."

Whatsup? It's not in my subscriptions and I can't find it on the forum.

This one?

CDC have not contacted second family in Ebola 'quarantine' for 24 hours - and now they are sneezin

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

originally posted by: nukedog
Hello? That thread is gone now? Wth???

It was titled like "blah blah blah and now they are a sneezin."

Whatsup? It's not in my subscriptions and I can't find it on the forum.

This one?

CDC have not contacted second family in Ebola 'quarantine' for 24 hours - and now they are sneezin

That's the one. I'm on my phone so I had to assume it was a conspiracy and all

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
21 days may not be enough time, according to the World Health Organization webpage here.

Incubation period

The period of 42 days, with active case-finding in place, is twice the maximum incubation period for Ebola virus disease and is considered by WHO as sufficient to generate confidence in a declaration that an Ebola outbreak has ended.

Recent studies conducted in West Africa have demonstrated that 95% of confirmed cases have an incubation period in the range of 1 to 21 days; 98% have an incubation period that falls within the 1 to 42 day interval. WHO is therefore confident that detection of no new cases, with active surveillance in place, throughout this 42-day period means that an Ebola outbreak is indeed over.

WHO Page

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am very happy to hear that the family is safe.

I'm also surprised anyone here is surprised or bothered that someone else penned this letter. Even if English was her first language, I can certainly see not having the energy to put pen to paper after all she's dealt with. Many families have a lawyer or trusted family member/friend/community leader deal with the media and write these types of things after going through hardship.

This is a woman who had to fear for her partner, knew how bad he was suffering and at the same time had to fear for her family members, herself and her children. Her partner dies while she's in quarantine, probably wrought with guilt about not being able to see him, having her other loved ones exposed, having not put up more of a fight to get treatment sooner (or that she didn't know she should have).

This woman has probably been through more crap and pain in the last month than most will experience in a decade. There are many of us that are worried about this disease, but it's actually touched her. She lived with it. Her family was exposed to it. She lost someone to it.

Who cares if she wants to write a book? You think it's in poor taste? Let's be honest here, if you had a story you knew people wanted to read, and were living in poverty along with your family, would you not take that deal? I don't doubt Thomas Duncan would want her to grab that opportunity to improve her lot in life. Doing just that in no way diminishes the pain and heartache she's been through, or cheapens his memory.

I'm glad I can't imagine what she's gone through.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I just want to know why the stories don't mesh with symptoms. Unless they all the sudden all came down with an unrelated illness. Maybe the reporter in the article I linked lied? So we should take this email as gospel? This whole thing right here.... It don't pass the sniff test

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I fear this family is dead or dying right now . The powers cant have this coming out this soon in their spreading phase of this operation. They cant have us freaking out too soon , they will admit nothing until its too late to stop it . We are in the midst of phase 1.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Why are people accepting this as the truth when there are conflicting accounts out there? I want to believe it too but # they don't even have the decency to give us more than an email story. Ok nothing to see here folks. Move along sir

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i'm also amazed they are still alive. i really thought they were done for. i can't imagine there's a cover up and they are actually dying because the media would eventually find that and the # would hit the fan. if they were sick it would be easier to spin that story than to pretend they were well. anyway, there's no way to know if she wrote the letter. i don't want to assume she isn't smart enough to write that well. i'm just glad they are okay.

as for the book.... i'd write one if i were her. i'm sure she's got a lot to say and i don't ever blame anyone for writing a book after a terrible tragedy. it is actually a healthy thing to do.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Can anyone tell me how his female partner did not catch ebola , i mean are we to believe they did not have reunion sex when he got back from liberia , before he knew he had it. Just doesnt make sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UpLateWakingUp
It does if you understand that exposure does not guarantee infection.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I would not like for any of my family members to test that opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UpLateWakingUp

Unless they are health care workers or you have relatives visiting from West Africa there isn't much chance they will.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The local anchors on my news this morning were talking about the 21 day quarantine ending for the family and said the statement was made through her church. So I guess the pastor wrote the email for her.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

It seems quite miraculous that they all came out clean considering the close proximity they had with Duncan and how many mistakes were made on the end of the hospital. He was obviously showing symptoms on the first visit yet, they allowed him to go home.

It sort of lends credence to the idea that they knew what Duncan had which means he had a good idea what he had been exposed to when he left Liberia. Doesn't it?

So much for the "He didn't know ..." brigade.

It would take a heck of a lot to convince me that he didn't know. He had to have known. You know, considering he helped take a sick lady to an EBOLA hospital. sheesh.

Is it just me or do others get a bit enraged when they see a picture of him plastered on the news.

edit on 20-10-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

It seems quite miraculous that they all came out clean considering the close proximity they had with Duncan and how many mistakes were made on the end of the hospital. He was obviously showing symptoms on the first visit yet, they allowed him to go home.

How? How in the world did they not get this ridiculously contagious disease? Were they given some sort of secret cure??? I mean seriously...it makes no sense.

I'm with ya! I thought for sure they would end up infected.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.star-telegram.com...

Location they were/are at.

Louise Troh, her son and two nephews of Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan are released from mandatory monitoring, but will stay at the Catholic Conference Center in Dallas for several more days, until authorities can find them a place to rent, government and church officials said Monday morning. Troh was Duncan’s girlfriend. She and the other three have been staying at the Dallas Diocese's Catholic Conference and Formation Center in Oak Cliff for the last 21 days. The gated conference center sits only a few blocks off of I-35E and is enclosed by gates and a chainlink fence. Bishop Kevin Farrell said he only thought about it briefly before agreeing to take in Troh and her family. They have been isolated in a cabin at the back corner of the property away from the street. A Dallas County Sheriff's patrol car was parked about 50 yards inside the gate. "I considered every property the church owns," Farrell said. "I was very impressed that the mayor personally came here.” Retreats and conferences were canceled at the conference center but will resume this week. Farrell said he is uncertain how long the family will stay.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why these people had to be quarantined for 21 days and then others have their blood drawn and tested and they can be cleared within hours? Like the cruise ship person was cleared within hours. Why is their a watch list of people if you can test if someone has the virus?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ag2000

Because one or more of them were swimming in Thomas Duncan's sweat and other warm liquids. They cared for him, lived with him, and treated him as a human being even while the hospital was turning him away.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ag2000

The WHO is also wondering.

"WHO is alarmed by media reports of suspected Ebola cases imported into new countries that are said, by government officials or ministries of health, to be discarded as “negative” within hours after the suspected case enters the country.

Such rapid determination of infection status is impossible, casting grave doubts on some of the official information that is being communicated to the public and the media."

Source

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Well apparently they can do some sort of blood test or something to determine if you have the virus or not. It's not a matter of exposure level. They can either test for it or they can't. If they can then there should be no waiting periods or quarantines. If they can't, then they cannot say the person on the cruise ship that worked at the lab does not have the virus. And a person admitted in an Austin, Texas ER yesterday with symptoms and a history of traveling to Africa recently was cleared within hours as being negative for the virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join