It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statement released from Duncan family No Ebola all Safe.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
$100 says she already has a publicist and is planning to write a book... hence the "tell my story in my own way at the right time" statement.

And a ghost writer to pen it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kalunom
My inner-doom says, just wait, they will be wrong about the 21 day incubation period timeline. Someone in that group will get sick a bit later.

No ill-wishing towards the family but, how often do we see people (the CDC) getting things right?

The CDC couldn't find its way out of a paper bag.

I am shocked that not one member of his family got sick. Not a one.....esp. given how sick he was.....constantly throwing up, massive diarrhea, etc, etc. And they stayed in that apartment for some time after they finally got around to admitting Duncan to hospital.

Let's hope they are really in the clear and that this isn't some press release.

I loved the part about "I do have a story to tell," almost like she plans on writing a book.

No disrespect is meant here, but the skeptical side of me says someone else wrote it. If they can't appear in front of cameras for a few minutes (even though his mother appeared at the memorial service) then why not have someone take a group photo and submit it to the press?

Are they still in that loaned house?

Too many unanswered questions. Still. The powers -that-be are acting like everything is over....nothing to see here folks, let's all go home type of attitude.

I don't buy it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

It seems quite miraculous that they all came out clean considering the close proximity they had with Duncan and how many mistakes were made on the end of the hospital. He was obviously showing symptoms on the first visit yet, they allowed him to go home.

How? How in the world did they not get this ridiculously contagious disease? Were they given some sort of secret cure??? I mean seriously...it makes no sense.

Maybe they're all dead or dying. A whole new 'family' will pop up later, when our attention has drifted elsewhere...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yep, as others have said, seems fabricated, I don't buy it. Mixed emotions while reading that letter, we all want the family to be ok, but this smells of BS. I actually felt anger when the obvious upcoming book "plug" was inserted, how obvious can this be? We won't hear from this family until that book comes out, and by then it won't even matter anymore, except the fact that your average Joe blow American will lap it up. Does anyone even know what the family looks/looked like?
edit on 19-10-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Starling

On a related note, I found an article at the Daily Mail website that mentions, among other things, Ms. Troh's plans to write a book:

Troh has also said she plans to repair some of the huge emotional and financial damage by writing a book about her relationship with Duncan, whom she met at a refugee camp on the Ivory Coast.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

It makes sense - They knew what he had as soon as he started feeling bad. He likely knew what he had been exposed to, and they all knew why he suddenly wanted to rekindle his romance.

So, they kept as far away from him as they could and did everything they could to clean up after him with bleach as soon as possible.

Ebola isn't magic. It does die after a time, and bleach kills it. If they knew what they were dealing with, then they could take what precautions were available to them until they got him into a hospital.

And yes, there is an element of luck involved, too, but I doubt they were coming into contact with his body fluids like those nurses were. Let's think about this: If only two nurses come down with it out of the reported 70 workers, even with the crap standards, those aren't horrible odds.

edit on 19-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

pretty much. correct.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
"we will not give any interviews this time, I have a story to tell..."

Translation: Someone offered us a huge chunk of money for the exclusive rights for our Ebola story. Praise the Lord!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

I going to agree with you on that. When they quoted this woman before, she didn't talk like this. Now she is all professional. I'm not buying it. If the DEA would use some woman's profile to put up fake stuff on face book, I'm very sure that other government agencies would as well,if they thought it would calm people down. Last time she was quoted at all,she was trying to break quarantine, and was upset that they were making her stay.She didn't sound like she was being all that intelligent about it,but now its all for the good and she is so happy what all happened to her. Yeah,right.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The more i think about it the greater i think my distaste for trying to write a book

IF this is true , they didn't get ebola ? i can understand a survivors story.. but what story they got to tell? My 21 day quarantine hell? When quarantines go bad?

What they are really doing is profiting from someones Death , someone they profess to love ...
Seems a little weird to me.

Ghost writer , if we never see these people again but just get released information all the time .. omg major incoming conspiracy...that will run for ages

Q
edit on 19/10/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
So she wrote all that... and didn't say anything at all. It's basically a summary of the events: Duncan got to the US, they were going to get married, he died, two nurses got infected and she was in quarantine, which ends tomorrow. And that's what you missed on "Ebola in Dallas"!

Sorry, I don't buy this. The fact that NOBODY got sick at all is way too suspicious for such a highly contagious virus. And then she releases a statement saying they won't give any interviews, but that she's okay, and so is everybody else. Convenient. And also very convenient that they were moved to a hidden community, so now we won't even get a "Duncan's family leaving quarantine" picture.

Suspicious as hell.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Someone else wrote that
Its all robotic....no "real" feeling in my opinion

I'm glad they are OK, but are they really???
Or do they want to just give us fake hope till you know what hits the fan?

Hope I'm wrong.....just have a problem believing the people behind it

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I heard her interview with Anderson Cooper. Her English was very broken. I don't think even she would deny that someone else penned her statement.

I'm just wondering why they were kept in a locked down quarantine for the entire time, if they haven't shown any symptoms? Seems inconsistent with how they've handled everyone else thereafter.

The Daily Mail published pictures of her and her nephew on the steps of their Ivy apartment.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
To me this pretty much is the day that the USA kicked ebola in the Arse... and the hysteria can die down.

But it will not here... will it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

Aside from the fee's needed for Mr. Duncan's funeral service, everything in the apt was tossed. Distasteful as it is this woman currently has nothing. If someone offered her some cash for her story, and it helps her get back on her feet I really don't think anyone should be pointing fingers?

edit on 19-10-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I too find that letter odd and not believable. One thing my husband and I have wondered is if they did in fact become infected and have been receiving treatment? There's been plenty of time for that to happen. And since the letter clearly states they want their privacy, if and when they ever make a public appearance later on, no one would ever know if they had been in fact infected and treated. I just find it incredibly odd not one of them were infected. There has been so much info changed after it's reported, apparent hiding and lying about things, and complete incompetency in how it's handled, seems odd. I guess time will tell the true story.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoseLight
I too find that letter odd and not believable. One thing my husband and I have wondered is if they did in fact become infected and have been receiving treatment? There's been plenty of time for that to happen. And since the letter clearly states they want their privacy, if and when they ever make a public appearance later on, no one would ever know if they had been in fact infected and treated. I just find it incredibly odd not one of them were infected. There has been so much info changed after it's reported, apparent hiding and lying about things, and complete incompetency in how it's handled, seems odd. I guess time will tell the true story.

lol... you conspiracy people kill me... Ive worked in hospitals .... FACT you cannot keep a rumor of herpes in a nurse a secret in a hospital....

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Maybe they are not in the hospital?

I think the letter reads very professional, she didn't write that.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Cause the disease is really not that ridiculously contagious like many docs have been saying?

Glad to hear the family is ok, doubt it will put a dent in the ebola hysteria that we got going on tho.
God forbid facts get in the way of 20 post a day about how this is going to kill everyone how comes in contact with anyone that has it

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't get me wrong, I am sincerely glad that these people did not get Ebola (if that is indeed the truth). I am just amazed considering the prolonged close proximity they had with the original infected patient. Maybe instead of writing a book, they should all start teaching classes to medical professionals on how to not get it using whatever methods they used. Or they were like you said really, really, really, really, really, lucky.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join