It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Cruise Email

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This email was sent to the Sunday afternoon cruisers from Carnival.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

We wanted to provide you with some important information regarding your cruise aboard the Carnival Magic tomorrow.

As you may know, this week we were made aware by the U.S. CDC of a guest, sailing on the Carnival Magic's current voyage, who works at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital where a patient was treated for Ebola. The CDC informed us that at no point in time was this individual in any direct contact with any infected
patients and has never exhibited any symptoms. Rest assured, everyone on the
current cruise is safe and there is no risk to any guests or crew.

Based on our current discussions with the CDC, the Carnival Magic will be arriving
tomorrow in Galveston and will commence debarking guests as scheduled.

Additionally, we have been in close contact with the CDC and other health
authorities, and although they are not requiring any additional cleaning at this
time, once all guests disembark, the vessel will be thoroughly sanitized.

Check-in for your cruise remains as scheduled from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. You'll notice we have implemented a standard, industry wide health screening questionnaire that will be given to you when you arrive. This will just take a few moments of your time and is not expected to delay your check in.

Our departure time remains the same at 4:00 PM so please keep in mind that you
may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

Thank you for your understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC
Vice President - Guest Services

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Good for Carnival.

Carnival is always pretty good about compensating people for their troubles IMO. It's no fault of Carnival's that the lab tech decided to board that ship and I feel as though they went above and beyond giving compensation to the people on the cruise. Excellent letter and I'd personally feel pretty safe if I were on the turn around cruise departing after the lab tech's.

I do wonder, however, if the ports of call will still deny entry.

edit on 19-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
www.wjla.com...

Looks like there is even less reason for concern. The test turned up negative. The cruise ship is Ebola free.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I find it strange every report since they attempted to dock in Mexico has completely neglected their attempt to dock and medevac the lab-worker in Belize. Especially as an initial report from the Ministry of Health in Belize claimed she was symptomatic.

All such information was recinded the next day & disappeared since.

Within 48 hours Belize shut down travel visas from West Africa directly and banned indirect travelers until they are clear of afflicted countries for 30 days.

Source

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

A lot of the story doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If she docked today, how did they get the results already? Must have used that dusty old FDA-unapproved scanner from the storage at Texas Presbyterian eh?

Butch if we had a dollar for everytime we've asked "how did you get the negative results back that quick" we'd have enough for our own positive pressure chamber.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't know...I find it highly convenient the ship docks at 5am and the camera only shows a car door closing (amongst many white vehicles lined up waiting) so we never get to see her. It's so early in the morning there's not a soul out, either. They were driven to their car and allowed to drive back to Dallas.

Story is still weird and suspect to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
a reply to: butcherguy

If she docked today, how did they get the results already? Must have used that dusty old FDA-unapproved scanner from the storage at Texas Presbyterian eh?

Butch if we had a dollar for everytime we've asked "how did you get the negative results back that quick" we'd have enough for our own positive pressure chamber.

Ship officials took her blood and gave it to the coast guard, which was then taken to Austin.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Ah thanks, I never saw that. Do you happen to have a link?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thanks! Scary, what if she was infected? Presby didn't handle the blood samples with BSL4 containment which is what led to her proposed exposure in the first place, I highly doubt the Carnival ship was suitably equipped to do so.

top topics

join