It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to Ordained Ministers: Celebrate Same-Sex Wedding or Go to Jail

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Just like the Christians forcing the law in regards to homosexuals and marriage?

(post by SuzyQue removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just more fodder to keep the people at odds with each other instead of their real enemy.
Those in control who rip all of us off each day through using government power to enrich themselves continue to divide us by race, by gender, by sexuality, by ancestry, by stands over various issues that none of which ever touches the very power base they use to control us.
Of course forcing people to do things against their beliefs is an incredible overreach of power by government.
They've been doing it for at least 150 years when they enslaved people to join the army to fight to free the slaves.
Sound redundant? That's because it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuzyQue

Where's my cell? Lead the way. I refuse to go against everything I believe in because our homosexual president holds a religious gun to my head and tells me "Do it or else." He only made same sex marriage nationally legal...

When did Dear Leader get himself appointed to the Supreme Court to make this decision?

(post by CatherineBurns removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Cuervo

It is forcing a state mandated belief upon people who don't share the same belief as the state.

Can I claim a religious belief that I am allowed to kill heretics....as my belief defines them??

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The Idaho case involves Donald and Evelyn Knapp, both ordained ministers, who run Hitching Post Wedding Chapel.

This case has been discussed before here on ATS..

they run a RECEPTION hall..party center etc.

They are NOT compelled to marry the couple...

They are not allowed to deny the ability to rent reception space based on gender, race, religion etc.

They don't have to "Celebrate" the gay wedding..but they can't discriminate in their BUSINESS either.

Nothing contradictory here

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

edit on 12-8-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

We do need a New World Order. That is very clear to me...

I think you really don't know what you are asking for. The Wit and Humor of Oscar Wilde

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.”
www.goodreads.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This has been dredged up again?

The couple subsequently declared themselves a religious institution, got the proper documentation and any and all "charges" were dropped.

According to the Hitching Post owners' complaint, the Knapps closed their business due to "a constant state of fear that they would be arrested and prosecuted if they declined to perform a same-sex ceremony." However, the article referenced above also reiterated a city spokesman's statement that officials "have never threatened to jail them, or take legal action of any kind" against them.
Read more atsnopes.com

This was basically a publicity stunt. These "wedding chapel" owners who were renting out their facility along with officiants to any religion, and even non-religious weddings, subsequently changed their policies to achieve "church status."

edit on 2Wed, 12 Aug 2015 02:21:14 -050015p022015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join