It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government to Ordained Ministers: Celebrate Same-Sex Wedding or Go to Jail

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are right it's decorum. But restaurants apparently have that right to dictate decorum without government interference. That was my point which you obviously missed. But I don't know, people can't throw Frisbees on beaches and that apparently is a law.

edit on 21-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
What does gay marriage have to do with decorum?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Everyone knows what I meant phage, it isn't necessary to define every statement and attach it to a relevant section of our original sacred American paper work when discussing "Constitution" subjects. Phage: "Oh that's the preamble, no that is the Declaration, bleh, try keeping to the relevant discussion for a change man, or whatever You really want another session in the wood shed so soon?

Better yet, keep doing that, it's so ridiculous it's almost worth allowing your constant derailing of discussions. But not really.
edit on 21-10-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

you are advocating underage abortion

Underage abortion is what happens after underage sex.

when did privacy trump the law here?

What law?

that is the case of a 14 year old having the same rights as an adult female.

What are you arguing here? That a 14 year old doesn't have the right to NOT BE PREGNANT?

But you've turned it into an argument that Planned Parenthood has a right not to report an underage girl being impregnated by an adult.

How does Planned Parenthood know that the 14 year old girl wasn't impregnated by a 14 or 15 year old boy?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
I see, an ad hominem approach. Always a good way to make one's point.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Now you are just being obtuse and I'm not going to give your argument another thought.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well I just went back and read something I missed before.... that the ministers are of the Foursquare Gospel Church founded by Aimee Semple McPherson!
www.foursquare.org...

Aimee was a very magnetic and popular evangelist with the power of conversion.... a gift of the Holy Spirit

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Aimee was a very magnetic and popular evangelist

And that is significant...why?
edit on 10/21/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Well for me it is. I wouldn't expect you to understand it though. But it does actually have a relevance to the couple and their supposed motivations. I mean they could still be hoaxers but it would besmirch the reputation of the church founded by Aimee.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I don't understand a lot about your point of view.
In particular about how it's ok to discriminate against someone you don't even know and know nothing about, except that they are gay.

(post by DrakeMordred removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I see a lot of people here discriminating against Christians. I see it here every time I come to this site. I bet you support that too but you won't admit it because Progressives and seculars feel justified in calling Christians names and ridiculing. Do you think you are not discriminating just because there are no rules as yet forcing Christians to not post here? Only a few days ago someone made a thread whining about Christians and asking why they should post on a conspiracy forum. . Do you analyze your own personal motives as clearly as you analyze others?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I see a lot of people here discriminating against Christians.

Really? People here are denying services to christians that they are providing to others?
You could have a good law suit there.

You don't seem to get the difference between not liking something and acting on that dislike. No one says you can't dislike gays (no matter how lame that is). The law says you cannot treat them differently because they are gay, no matter how much you don't like them. That is what this is about. What this marriage store is trying to do is against the law.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Twisting things, Corruption? Prove it; quote me.

You speak for God now? All the cool kids were doing it back in the day so God was fine with it?

You know what He did and didn't approve of, regardless of what He said in His book? Amazing.

And you guys call the Devil arrogant and proud ... jeez.

Oh, yes, the pathetic 'context argument.' The last recourse when you have nothing to offer in the way of a factual or logical counter-argument.

I quoted from your Book. I can't help what it says.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I'll save you guys the trouble.
edit on 3Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:23:55 -050014p0320141066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

No, maybe I DONT because it's a Buddhist tradition that THOUGHT is as important as ACTION! In fact thought is a type of action, though it be on the mental plane

In simple terms, what does karma mean? It means that whatever we do, with our body, speech, or mind, will have a corresponding result

en.wikipedia.org...

And with that it is time for me to retire from this discussion.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

No, maybe I DONT because it's a Buddhist tradition that THOUGHT is as important as ACTION!

Nice thought. I suppose you, as a christian, believe in reincarnation too? But now I really don't understand your point of view. It's not ok to discriminate in your mind but it is is ok to discriminate in practice? It's bad to not like gays but it's ok to discriminate against them on a physical level?

Clarify. Please!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Phage

Well for me it is. I wouldn't expect you to understand it though. But it does actually have a relevance to the couple and their supposed motivations. I mean they could still be hoaxers but it would besmirch the reputation of the church founded by Aimee.

That actually does make the motivations of the Knapps a bit more clear!

Aimee Semple McPherson was one of the first big "mediavangelists" and faith healers.

She conducted thousands of shows at which "the lame walked, the deaf heard and the blind could see."

She sold miniature chairs to thousands as a fundraiser (at $25 a pop in the 1920s) as representative of the Temple seating and encouraged her listeners to "pray over" the chair as that would help the person eventually sitting in it.

That's quite a sell.

No wonder The Hitchin' Post had such a carney atmosphere and style; they're true to their roots!

Link to Source
edit on 3Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:41:11 -050014p0320141066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I am all for gay marriage, diversity, equality, & all of that, but if it is going to make someone uncomfortable--though, in this day & age I don't see why--then a jail sentence is a bit much for a feeling. If the ordained minister spouted off crazy-rude words, slapped someone around, then
maybe? Fine, sure, accosting, defamation. But the government, as much as I love the equality factor, has no right to do this. ~Luna a reply to: beezzer

I am new here & was wondering; how do I change my avatar? I can't seem to find a setting for it. Thank you for the help.

"If everyone demanded peace instead of a television set, then there'd be peace."~John Lennon

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh man. Of course, how could I be so careless to have missed that detail. I actually thought for a second that just maybe this couple was being taken for a ride by these lawyers. Ha. They come from a tradition of Holy Snake Oil Salesmen!! They aren't some unknowing innocent participants at all. They've probably been in on the plan with the Scum Lawyers from start to finish. Maybe it was their plan all along in fact. Just a couple of Faith Peddling Grifters who saw an opportunity and took it.

I almost felt some sympathy for these two huckster bull# artists. Something tells me that alleged phone call was also part of the scam just like all the rest of it. Makes perfect sense now though. Scamming people for money using themed weddings with a gimmick. Selling videos on the side of course and some worthless trinkets as well. How pathetic.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join