It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is at fault for the police state? YOU ARE USA. You are.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So I was wondering,

Where did all the bad cops in the US come from?

Everyone who is not a cop will generate the same knee jerk reaction when talking about cops. There are absurd extremes when people will even HATE them just for what they do for a living.

I have to ask, where do you think they all came from? Its not like this is true for all police in every country. Its not like this is true for every generation of American police. So what changed? Ever ask yourself that? HONESTLY?

Can I tell you something you wont like? WE MADE THEM. They come from our population. We arent breeding them in tanks somewhere. They are born and RAISED in our society. We changed and as a result they did.

Have you ever met someone who bitches about cities generating revenue when they get a ticket, but not about if the ticket is technically their fault or not. If a justification comes up in their argument as for why they dont deserve it based on common sense but not on whether or not they deserved it outright according to the law or not then take notice of one thing: Cant the same argument be bade from behind a badge? Yeah technically I cant search you illegally, but logically I am justified in doing so....It can, it does happen. You use the same justifications no matter what you do.

Have you noticed how people talk about cops? If you replace the word "cops" from what they say with a race or faith, is not the same sort of dehumanizing arguments that were made against every discriminated group ever?

Next time you mindlessly follow the leader talking mess about cops, remember that you do the same things as them. These men and women come from your communities, Your families, Your groups. YOU made them. Maybe if you want them to change, YOU have to change too.

If the US deserves better police like many (myself included) believe then maybe we should consider that we have to become a better country for that to happen.

If the back handed government wanted to exact more control, how could they if the police were integral and well adjusted parts of their communities? What happens in places where sheriffs and such are loved and respected members of their communities? They defy the Government and cause sensational headlines by refusing gun regulations, or getting into hot water defying the president because thats what their communities want. Coincidence?

If you wanted to gain more control over a population like that of law enforcement wouldnt you need to isolate them first? Create a common enemy? How have we NOT done that for them already? You invite cops to your BBQs? Yeah? You try to talk to them like anyone else when they are off duty? You hang out with them and make them feel welcome? Sure. No, this higher ideal crap comes up all the time. They are almost paying a price for wearing a uniform. Like a crime has been committed by them just for wanting to become cops. How about fairness? That too much to ask?

SO I will leave it at that.

Flame on my entitled, arrogant, deceitful, abusive, manipulative, and impune country. Flame on.

Tell me how you dont have an ounce of blame. Tell me how its not your responsibility. Tell me how cops are a special kind of evil or wrong. Tell me how they arent human while you do it. Tell me how you deserve things without anything being required from you.

edit on 10 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

A star and flag for you. This applies to way more than just cops, as well. Where do most politicians come from? Where do almost all criminals come from? We hear the voices of the less involved more often on forums and what not, criminals don't look for empathy and someone to relate with them, they aren't looking to be heard or accepted for their ideas and lifestyle, not on a place like this at least .. but it's not like we are hearing from the less innocent all the time, many of us are guilty in ways we never think of.

Hopefully more people can agree with your assessment rather than simply playing victims, playing victim all the time and never taking any blame only perpetuates this awful system.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Can I tell you something you wont like? WE MADE THEM.

I didn't' make the endless wars that returning veterans with PTSD suffer from.

Where else is a war torn veteran going to find some excitement? Where else is a patriot without a war going to go to further democracy and fight the wear on terror?

How about where the average bored psychopath, narcissist , wannabe video game and slasher move fan going to get their jollies from?

The job of being a cop is a difficult one at times, generating its own PTSD that some try their best to hide.

You never know what call a cop has just returned from when he pulls you over.

Americans as a whole did not generate the police state that is encroaching on them. The people that run things from behind the scenes, the rich and powerful, the hand wringers, the frightened ones did that.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So in your mind all cops are ex veteran baby killers? Or even just ex soldiers? or "bored psychopath, narcissists"

Do you see the problem?

Americans as a whole did not generate the police state that is encroaching on them. The people that run things from behind the scenes, the rich and powerful, the hand wringers, the frightened ones did that.

And HOW did they even do that? Its not like cops are storm troopers that were cloned somewhere. Ever consider that?

Think of the argument for invading Iran. We vilified them, made them out to be our enemy and argued for their mistreatment by dehumanizing them....

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It was actually all my fault, my bad, I'm sorry guys, I'll try not to let it happen, again.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

No, you have done nothing. Its all their fault. You can never be wrong. Here is a cookie....

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So in your mind all cops are ex veteran baby killers?

No. In your mind you do others thinking for them.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hardly, ill never be a boy in blue. Ill never police my own citizens. Though i wont hesitate when getting pulled over to show my military id.apparently working for the man makes you one and the same.yet they could never take back my childhood chasing m around, snifiing my arse throing my friends in jail because a machine showed numbers. But aside from he point i just wanted you to know i have a beautiful blonde in my bed named Bridget i met last night and this is really awesome, and shes cooler than a fan.btw i dont like most cops

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No. In your mind you do others thinking for them.

I dont understand.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Huh, what?

Pretty much every cop I've interacted with has been cool and I appreciate what they do, at least in my community.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

I bet you also dont have "police state" issues in your city. I have a similar track record as you with them. I dont get it either. Why treat them like scum and invite the human reaction? Why not be with them like you are with everyone else? It works for me.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Gully

I bet you also dont have "police state" issues in your city. I have a similar track record as you with them. I dont get it either. Why treat them like scum and invite the human reaction? Why not be with them like you are with everyone else? It works for me.

Yeah, we don't, and I treat them like normal people.

That's not to say there aren't bad cops and some that shouldn't be cops elsewhere in the country. Bad apples can be found anywhere, in any profession.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So what are you exactly mad about, the fact some people don't think of police as individuals? Sorta like how you lump everyone together in your opening post? (your own dehumanization if you think about it)

Of course there is good and bad as in in every profession, just not all jobs have as much responsibility and accountability.

As for the cookie, type 2 diabeetus, so I hope its sugar free.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I am not mad. I am trying to show people that its a mob mentality that prompts the herd reaction from them. If we really want to end the effect that cops looking to cops as their only support groups have and all the bad things that happen as a consequence of that, then we need to bring them back into our communities. Places where that happens dont have these problems. Places where they dont take care of their own. Places where they take care of their communities.

I think its pretty clear. We just dont like to hear that we have even an ounce of blame for things. Thats part of what has changed in our country. We think we deserve things like good cops no matter how terrible we can be ourselves and no matter how we treat them. We are entitled to it just because in our minds.

As far as the cookie, sure. Have 2.

EDIT TO ADD:
If by trying to show people how being unreasonable and judgmental is "dehumanizing" then sure. I am a freaking nazi just like them.

Instead of taking the defensive with a knee jerk reaction, try listening and asking yourself honestly if this is true or not.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

But aside from he point i just wanted you to know i have a beautiful blonde in my bed named Bridget i met last night…

Say hello to her from jealous me.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

. We think we deserve things like good cops no matter how terrible we can be ourselves and no matter how we treat them. We are entitled to it just because.

As far as the cookie, sure. Have 2.

Ehh, so we deserve bad cops, because there are bad people? I mean it's not like they have to join the police force, we have freedom to choose were to work, but that's your argument.

These cookies suck, a bit like your argument, circular.

Have a good one, enjoy your rage.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Did I make the decisions?
Did I agree with the decisions?
Did I train the officers?
Did I endorse or create what they learned in school?
Did I illegalize drugs and prostitution?
Did I fuel racism in the media?
Did I ask them to shoot innocents and family dogs on sight?
Did I ask em to create speed limit traps?
Did I asked them to leave organized crime alone?

I will NOT feel guilty about what I didn't decide and what I disagree with.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

No we dont deserve bad cops because there are bad people. Thats not what I said.

We get what we deserve is all.

Have a good one.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

You are not the emperor no. You still have your share of blame for your own actions. I think that is self evident.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is going exactly as I thought it would.

Only 1 person actually listened and made sure this wasnt true or not. Only one reflected on themselves and was honest.

I bet that in all the bad precincts only 1 bad cop in all of them will ever think about his actions and try to change.

Our country is rotting. Its not the TPTB´s fault. They only work with what they got. We give them plenty.

They may be evil, but we arent exactly poor deer caught in the head lights. We too are wolves in sheep´s skin.

We get what we deserve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join