It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't see dead people.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It seems to me that everyone who wants to see a ghost, (i.e. me), never sees one know matter how much we look. Yet those who don't want to see them are the ones who do. Although this is unfair, I wonder if there's something to that. Perhaps ghosts only show themselves to people who they think don't want to see them...for one reason or another. If the ghosts were just looking for attention then wouldn't they want to appear to people like me? I wonder what they're motives are.

[edit on 8/12/04 by an3rkist]

[edit on 9-12-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It seems there drawn to or more noticed by psychically aware people but i doubt thats the only reason they show themselfs. Maybe also because they knew the person when they were alive so they show themself to them maybe in hopes of saying goodbye and getting inner peace. But there are probally many factors other then just that the person is there.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I see dead people quite often.

Whenever I watch a John Wayne film, or one of the old Bela Lugosi Dracula flicks. And now, whenever I watch 'Superman' I will remember that Chris Reeve is no longer with us.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
It seems to me that everyone who wants to see a ghost, (i.e. me), never sees one know matter how much we look. Yet those who don't want to see them are the ones who do. Although this is unfair, I wonder if there's something to that. Perhaps ghosts only show themselves to people who they think don't want to see them...for one reason or another. If the ghosts were just looking for attention then wouldn't they want to appear to people like me? I wonder what they're motives are.

[edit on 8/12/04 by an3rkist]

[edit on 9-12-2004 by John bull 1]

Why would one want to see a ghost?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
maybe that's just it, those who want it, don't get it and those who don't do?
I don't know, but have you tried going to known haunted places? you don't always "see" dead people you know, you hear them, feel them, sometimes smell them, try using all your senses instead of relying on just one.

[edit on 12-9-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Excellent question. I too would like to see a ghost as evidence that there is such a thing. Maybe those of us who seek them as evidence of their existance can't see them because they don't exist. Or maybe I am just too skeptical to be open to the experience?

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Maybe you trying to hard to see them?

Maybe just try realaxing and seeing if you can sence anything around you,
It could be that your sences are not open enough to feel or see such a pressance,

I dont think that many people see a ghost but more feel it around them,

ect.....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I suppose one theory could be, that those who actually want to see a ghost, are less fearful of it. Therefore if there is something that appears to be an apparition or paranormal activity of some sort, the non-fearful is more likely to examine the activity before yelling "GHOST!"

I would think that many of those who do want to see a ghost, have a healthy degree of skepticism, which would make them write off a lot of possible encounters.

I do not necessarily believe that, but it could be the case that sometimes people get too freaked out to calmly investigate what they just experienced....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
well its realy quite simply most spirets dont have the nessery amount of energy needed to form a physical pressence.
Most of the time its cold spots or electricty interference or white balls of light from 1 ince up to a foot or two round. But electricty interference is most commen as the electromagnatic natcer of life can easly interfear with senstive equitment.
and my advice is dont go looking you may not like what you find .
i have spent my intire life learing to block it as the trouble it can cause greatly out weaighs the benfite .
Ps its hard to ignore the children though and i will usaly help them.
the last that came to me was a little girl someware between 6 8 years old crying very afraid man that fealt bad . Of corse I showed her wich way to go. Ps I can assure you this Is the first and last post I will make on this stuff as to manny here ridicule . And wile I can prove it I cant do that over the net as it would take seeing is beliving type thing.
Personly If I could give it to you and not have it anymore I would In a heart beet.Its mostly a curse to me and has only done me good a few times.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Things tend to happen at the moment you'd least expect it, and it usually happens when at the moment you didn't even entertain the possibility that it could happen.

It's very similar to magick, when you let go IMO. Magick only happens when you stop thinking about it after doing it. That's why banishing rituals are so popular. I suspect it's the same thing with seeing ghosts, or aliens or anything in life.. Even mundane things.

If you're in a haunted house and you keep entertaining the thought that you might see a ghost or spirit or anything else out of the ordinary. Chances are that you either won't see it, or that you'll see it when you get distracted and your thoughts fall totally away from ghosts (even for a split second).

You think for a second on what time you're going back to the car to go back home and.... Wham!!! A ghost!!!

Some other people call it the void in which you have to be to allow stuff to happen.

join