It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally joining...l

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've been lurking on this site for at least 6 years, but with the Ebola , ISIS, enterovirus, the Ukraine conflict, and all the other stuff going on, I felt like I had to finally join. I'm going on 62, obviously no youngster, but very concerned, and somewhat of a prepper. I like the idea of conversing with other intellectuals who can see beyond the g'ment and all the BS they're feeding us. I'd love to hear from any of you. I'm in the Pacific Northwest. Talk to me....

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ottergirl

Hey Ottergirl!

Welcome to the ATS family!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey.

Have you been to mt Shasta?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Hi Ottergirl, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
No, been to my St. Helens, my rainier, mt hood, and mt Adams, but I believe mt Shasta is in CA?

a reply to: onequestion

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yes it is. It's in Shasta county close to Oregon.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Let me first say welcome to the site. Just a word to the wise. Don't give out too much personal information on the internet.

Sort of like playing your cards close to your chest, it keeps cheaters in line.

Otherwise, enjoy the ride.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow, I'm amazed already. I only posted maybe 3 minutes ago, and already got a post..I'm getting a warm, welcoming feeling, and I like that. Don't write me off as a flake, but it's been a long while since I've conversed with anyone who seemed even marginally intellectual.
to: onequestion

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Your not alone, only Almost alone.

Isolation isn't so bad. It's the universal intelligence preparing you for the ether.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Love your hamster....im definitely an animal lover.
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

How do I post
a picture? M jud
edit on 19-10-2014 by Ottergirl because: Errors in typing

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Jennyfrenzy has a nice writeup on this:

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
I open a second window to copy and paste the image, the add image button doesn't work for me either. Here's how info it:

Open a second window
Click on the arrow and then select uploads

To add an image-hit the upload icon

Then select file to add image and click green arrow to upload to your images

Then, to add your image to a post, copy and paste the BB code for use in posts (first line.) this is why you want to open a second window

Hope that helps

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
To post a youtube video, you only need to put the characters after the = sign, and not the full url.
You can highlight the text, right click and click copy, then the youtube button in ATS and paste.

Here is a comedian from youtube.

www.youtube.com...

bf-TzFOdtIY is the part you would copy and paste into the box that comes up after you click the youtube button when making a post, or thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hi Ottergirl - yes, this site is the only place I feel a real connection to anything that is real.

Do you ever, when you go shopping, or run errands just look at all the sheeple and just heave a big sigh?

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

Hi Ottergirl - yes, this site is the only place I feel a real connection to anything that is real.

Do you ever, when you go shopping, or run errands just look at all the sheeple and just heave a big sigh?

Enjoy!

Well said... I've had those thoughts as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Atlantic5

Atlantic - and then do you ever just daydream about seeing a group of people that you instinctively know are of like mind and you go running to them and hug them with great joy to be among your sameness? And no words are necessary. You just fit. Like a long separated family that has reunited? I'm a sap, very emotional and have a too vivid of an imagination so this little sharing might put some off but yes I do think this often. My little happy place.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I guess that's why I finally joined. You all feel like family to me already!
a reply to: ccseagull

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

There we go

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

I feel sort of out of my comfort zone here. I've always been sort of a home body. I love quilting and sewing and needle crafts. I live in the country, but was raised in a major metropolitan area. We have acreage, a garden, animals and like being as independent as we can. But this world is really starting to scare me. I sometimes feel like just staying in bed and pulling the covers over my head. I hope I'm not the only one feeling that, but from my observations there are a lot of people who seem to agree. Can't pin it down to 1thing....our inept POTUS, ISIS, Ebola, Russia, home-grown terrorists.....I guess I'm just glad I'm in my 60's and don't have to live through the next 50years, because I have the feeling it's notgoing to be pretty.

I pray for the children of this generation, because I believe their world will be very difficult.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join