It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most People Ignored This Homeless Man, But Those Who Looked Closer Were In For A Surprise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm such a girl sometimes. This video completely made me tear up.

Link

I wish people would realize that homeless people today are not all drunks and druggies. There are way too many working homeless, homeless veterans, and those who got pushed to the streets when the manufacturing jobs left.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing that.

What a way to get a message out to people. Don't judge a book by it's cover and pay it forward.

edit to add: made me tear up too.
S&F

edit on 18-10-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
posted this video here not to long ago. love. that guy he answers every single youtube comment

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

Sorry I missed seeing it when you posted it.

With all the negative threads this week (*cough* Ebola), I saw and needed to share something good.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

awesome video. Thanks. I think I can try harder with the homeless after seeing this.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

That was so great. Thanks for sharing it.

You know there was a person on ATS a while back who was basically in the sort of situation as the girl at the end. There were people who even called him pathetic for panhandling. As if the ones who scam people define the ones who really need it.

I dont believe in hand outs, but that doesnt mean I dont believe in helping people. There is no reason why the two mindsets cant coexist. I hope this opens some peoples eyes even if for just a moment. *Dont lose your humanity or else there isnt anything worth fighting for.

Love you OP. LOL

That was a cool little story.

edit on 10 18 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Dont lose your humanity or else there isnt anything worth fighting for

I love you, too, for your beautiful soul

I think it takes such a large amount of bravery to swallow your pride and ask for help. It saddens me to see reactions like the first couple shown. Turning a blind eye to a panhandler is one thing, but to make the snide comments is just kicking them while their down.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Great video .Luckily here in Australia the so called safety net catches most of these unfortunate people . Thats not to say we don't have a growing problem . Personally i do not give money these days . However i have never ever not offered to buy someone something to eat if they say they are hungry . I am sorry if not giving money annoys you but having done so in the past only to see the persons walk back into the pokie machines kind of irks me . Just me i guess
edit on 19-10-2014 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This rocks...

We need more threads here like this.

Yeah I just about cried, I'm a wimp...

ATTENTION! Several people wanted to donate to the last woman in the video so we went and put up flyers all around the location where we saw her last and I got in contact with her!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
BTW check out his other vids as well.

Freaking hilarious...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
My daughters boyfriend was walking home with his friends one evening, and had bought one of those huge pizza's. He'd eaten about half of it and was walking past a homeless girl he'd seen a few times, sat on the pavement. It was the winter and he handed her the box containing the remaining half of his peperoni pizza, thinking at least she'd have some hot food inside her. She looked at him wide eyed. He carried on walking when she called after him.
He turned and she said, "I can't eat this" and handed the box back to him. "Why?" he asks, I haven't spit on it or anything",
"I'm vegetarian" says she.
He has given change to homeless people before. Needless to say, he doesn't give anything anymore.

As much as the OP's vid is lovely in one respect, especially the lady at the end, I am a bit dumbstruck at all the people accepting and pocketing his $20. Not one of them thought to say to him, "Thank you very much, but please take your $20 and buy some food and water for a person that needs it".

Just saying..............

Jane

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Thank you ever so much for posting I and my partner was only speaking about this yesterday, that we have brought our children up never to look down there noses at people less unfortunate and forever look people in the eye even if they are dirty, smelly, what ever.

God, we do not know how much they have lost we do not know what there situation is. its so much easier to say what that bloke did "go get a job" so easier to look the other way but it makes you a stronger person to grab them a coffee and a roll, and spend five minuets of your life just to talk and let them know they are not invisible.

Thank you

S&F

b

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Yeah you can find ridiculous examples of cognitive dissonance in every level of society. We're a severely mentally ill nation :p

I know plenty of people who whine about their lot in life while doing nothing to improve it but that doesn't mean we should get disillusioned.

Many homeless right now are Iraq and Afghanistan war vets. Many are perfectly fine kids who happen to be gay and were abused and kcked out by their bigoted parents. Many are perfect model citizens who worked hard their whole life but got laid off at a bad time and couldn't hold things together. I'd hate to lump them in with the few that are just lazy or parasitic.

Point being, in every arena of society we have to prioritize hope and love. Perhaps your brother could have gone somewhere, bought her a salad and gotten through enough to teach her some common sense. We all have to try and be better no matter how good we are already. There's a lot of negative people out there we have to balance out. I know I have absolutely massive room for improvement myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

There is absolutely nothing wrong with giving a meal in lieu of money. I've done it when I was out of cash. I also offer cigarettes (yes, I'm a horrible smoker person). I may be doing well now, but I will never forget the hard times hubby and I went through when the factories began shutting down. We were lucky to have family take us in so we didn't land on the streets.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Winter is going to be very cold. Here in Newark, NJ we have many homeless in need. Remember this post if you pass by. Have a cheap plastic bag with a jacket you dont use and some cans of food in your car. You'll find them close to gas stations and traffic lights.

We also see children selling chocolates on the East end of Rt. 280, they should be at schools or playing instead.

Good thread

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I can't eat this" and handed the box back to him. "Why?" he asks, I haven't spit on it or anything",
"I'm vegetarian" says she.
He has given change to homeless people before. Needless to say, he doesn't give anything anymore.

Needless to say

I don't understand? he doesn't give to anyone anymore because one homeless person does not eat animals?

edit on 19-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Yes, because being homeless and having no choice but to panhandle means you not only swallow all your pride, self esteem, and sense of worth, you must also abandon all your personal values and beliefs.

/sarcasm

Returning the pizza because she is a vegetarian or accepting it and throwing it away because she knew she wouldn't eat it. Did she not show him enough gratitude for the gesture? Was he too insulted that she didn't bow at his narcissistic feet and eat something she finds morally wrong to eat? Not to mention this comment in the same post:

Not one of them thought to say to him, "Thank you very much, but please take your $20 and buy some food and water for a person that needs it".

How do you know no one said that? The video editing cuts off after he explains that he's giving back to those that give. Angelchmuel seems to have a very low opinion of all people, even those who make the smallest gestures of kindness to others.
edit on 10/19/2014 by halfpint0701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. A couple of observations. The woman at the end explains what it takes to get a job. Appearance is difficult when you're homeless. Contact information? HA! She also mentions self esteem. How the hell can you have it when to survive you have to tolerate the type of people that you face minutely that look at you as something less than human. And secondly, how bad are thing when $20 makes a difference in your day? That's rhetorical. I've been there.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is amazing to see how something soooo little to some, means soooo much to others. Good ALWAYS comes back to those who give. Great vid.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join