It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Ebola screeners at JFK for $19 an hour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For NYC area - that pay is VERY CHEAP. I think you can make more working at burger king in Manhattan.

What EMT/paramedic would even bother for $19 an hour?

That's just nuts.

That thermometer better be made out of 24 carat gold.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Totally would do it if I had the appropriate training. Too bad they want previous experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I would do it if I were in the area. This is a job that we all agree needs to be done. So why is no one willing to step up?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

$19 isn't enough money for a job like that, not even close. The screeners could be potentially putting their lives on the line. What a joke, honestly it's offensive.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidLucinda

You put your life on the line every single day, there are no guarantees. You could be killed in your sleep by a falling meteorite.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
We really don't pay EMTs or paramedics enough money to begin with.

This rate for this type of work, and I'm assuming no positive-pressure BSL4 suits or decontamination areas? Just not worth it.

No one should bite for less than $75. And trust me, the people who are losing money from less travel can afford it.

That or they'll just raise the price of tickets to compensate for it and then when the crisis is over never lower them again, as they usually do.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Really ,once again .CONTRACTORS . The front line of your county's defence against Ebola is contracted out . Any wonder your government pays 1000 dollars for a hammer .

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Not in an employment situation, it's completely different.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

The reason the US government pays "$1000" for a hammer is because $990 of that money is really going in to the black budget, not to purchase a hammer.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

...Mkay. So, your saying that a falling meteorite could not kill you while you were at work? The things people write...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join