It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Ebola screeners at JFK for $19 an hour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The opportunity to get off unemployment and welfare has arrived !!

Jobs are available for Ebola screeners at JFK Airport and other big city airports !!

A contractor is taking your applications.

You will be assisting the CDC and the Border Patrol.

$19 an hour.

They’re looking for the few, the proud — and the really desperate.

For a measly $19 an hour, a government contractor is offering applicants the opportunity to get up close and personal with potential Ebola patients at JFK Airport — including taking their temperatures.

Angel Staffing Inc. is hiring brave souls with basic EMT or paramedic training to assist Customs and Border Protection officers and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in identifying possible victims at Terminal 4, where amped-up Ebola screening started on Saturday.

Wanted: Ebola screeners at JFK for $19 an hour

I wonder if it's "full time"

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Angel staffing huh? Well that just makes too much sense.

$19 an hour ain't exactly what I'd call hazard pay.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hell i'll do it, my life sucks anyway. Might be a blessing in disguise? Where do i sign up?
edit on 10/18/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Now there is a price on insanity!

I wonder if the job comes with a bio-suit, or just re-usable rubber gloves?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
benefits include a permanent vacation without notice, and possible death. Competitive benefits including life insurance...

mmm hmmm.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i wonder if this could be seen as seasonal work.
might help make unemployment numbers look better.
adding a new factor in the fuzzy math.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
$19 an hour! REALLY! They need too put more money in to it than that! Or they are going to be screwed.

Are they going to be hireing qualified people that can actually safely do this? or just anyone who will be happy to take $19 an hour to risk being infected with Ebola and losing their life, not to mention that someone who was experienced enough to be able to do this properly would want a hell of alpt more than that an hour.

ETA does anyone know what people with basic EMT or paramedic experience would usually get for their skills an hour over there? Because what they are paid should be atleast 5x what they would be paid elsewhere for that skill set.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ok, this is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

And that says a lot.

[ sarcasm]
I guess we have nothing to worry about anymore.
[ /sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It means the contractor gets about 65 an hour for the job

Ask for at least thirty an hour... no less

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Volund
benefits include a permanent vacation without notice, and possible death. Competitive benefits including life insurance...

mmm hmmm.

I wonder if the life insurance is whole life or term life.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

It's only $19 an hour because of the Republican budget cuts !!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Don't worry, your southern brothers will, as always, do the jobs that you don't want to do!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'd rather be hungry to be honest.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't think many will be clamoring for these jobs, after all, as someone above posted, this is DEFINATELY not hazard pay!! Your risking your life, & everyones Around you, the government might as well make it worth it, by upping that pay by at least 30+ per hour....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Another band-aid I'm afraid. These med checks should be conducted (primarily) before passengers are allowed to board. After ... I agree with that as well, but we need to keep the infected OUT as a priority.

We have no facilities to deal with Ebola at the scale required.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't do it for $100 an hour. I'm not a trained health care worker, and I'm going to guess that most of the new hires won't be either. This cannot end well.

God bless the ones who will sign up for this job though.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Sometimes i don't get America . Why would you contact this job out . Contractors traditionally make money by cutting corners and i guess this is evidenced by the 19 dollars per hour . Talking money , 19 dollars is hardly likely to get you the sharpest tools in the shed but i am not really sure about your pay scales or for that matter what a basic EMT qualifications are . Anyways good luck with it as the more you stop there they fewer that are likely to roll on through to Australia .

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A link to the company.

Seems legit.

angelstaffing.net...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
or we can go to the prisons

and ask for people who want fresh air sunshine and 19 dollars an hour

pay them that amount
put chains on their ankles

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So people with a common flu will get corralled together with people with deadly ebola.
Sucks to be flying if you get ill, it will be your death warrant.
Judging by recent handlings of infected persons, the detaining rooms won't get sanitized for days so if you get redirected to one you may as well kiss your rear end goodbye.

Your death will be handled by $19 and hour unqualified personnel just there to stay out of poverty.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join