It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has God exhausted itself (using the human experience) as its main source of self expression

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That quote below is your OPINION.

However seeing as you do not know anything of the machinations or existence of ''God'', writing such things is offensive and a false premise on which to base questions.

It is also the same things all religions have been doing since they began, saying ''listen to me, this is how it is'' and that is objectionable and is the cause of all the religious wars today, people blindly believing in the utterings of 'whichever'
human that though themselves highly enough for interpreting ''God'.

I suggest ''God'' is above and beyond the realms of being categorized and summarized by humanity.

If there is one thing that distinguishes mankind from all other life forms, it is the fact God endowed it with 'Imagination', something IT knew of personally; and gave to this specie (in the hopes that Man would recognize this tremendous GIFT); the ability to change its environment/circumstances and contemplate the relationship between itself and a potentially perceived 'creator'.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
originally posted by: theabsolutetruth in reply to Veteranhumanbeing

theabsolutetruth: That quote below is your OPINION. However seeing as you do not know anything of the machinations or existence of ''God'', writing such things is offensive and a false premise on which to base questions.

It is also the same thing; DOGMATIC; all religions have been doing since they began, saying ''listen to me, this is how it is; we KNOWE THE TRUTH AND YOU DO NOT'.' That is objectionable (I cry foul) those things that are/ is the cause of all the religious wars today, people blindly believing in the utterings of 'whichever' perceived human that elevates themselves are highly more evolved or have better energy "hidden knowledge" enough to climb the grand staircase soapbox and make an appearance as the one to be interpreting ''God' to the unwashed (any format will do ISIS as present or past: Nero, EdiAmin (sic) Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler).

theabsolutetruth: I suggest ''God'' is above and beyond the realms of being categorized and summarized by humanity.

You then are the perfect *poster child* in "worship" of NOTHINGNESS that has never been proved (trophy ceremony to follow; you pick the date).

veteranhumanbeing:
If there is one thing that distinguishes mankind from all other life forms, it is the fact God endowed it with 'Imagination', something IT knew of personally; and gave to this specie (in the hopes that Man would recognize this tremendous GIFT); the ability to change its environment/circumstances and contemplate the relationship between itself and a potentially perceived 'creator'.

Thanks for the requite, never hurts to be quoted (REMEMBERED) behind the times of current moment.
edit on 29-10-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Another presumption, when are you going to stop presuming things about ''God'' and about me?

You know NOTHING about me or my beliefs.

Here's a quote you said about me, despite knowing NOTHING of my beliefs.

You then are the perfect one *poster child* in "worship" of NOTHINGNESS.

edit on 29-10-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

theabsolutetruth: Another presumption, when are you going to stop presuming things about ''God'' and about me?You know NOTHING about me or my beliefs.Here's a quote you said about me, despite knowing NOTHING of my beliefs: "You then are the perfect one *poster child* in "worship" of nothingness.

You have not told me anything about yourself at all; why not share (I am all ears) (you seem to be a little bit frustrated/angry).

edit on 29-10-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
So - are we just supposed to "Shut Up!"...'til someone you approve of...knows...for sure?

To claim that 'no-one has it right'...presumes that you know & have accurately weighed every possible 'explanation', and found them each & all wanting.

Or - maybe you're just playing the odds... "No one can be satisfied before me."

In any case...I am interested in considering others thoughts on these questions - and am willing to temporarily suspend dogma's threshold of disbelief...to do so.

Regards

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I consider people like you not worth talking to due to your presumptious and rude nature.

You know nothing about me but you were rude about me.

The thing you are doing is called 'straw man arguments', you can't face the fact that you were challenged and decided on name calling and accusation instead.

And for the record, because I challenged your presumptions, you wrongly presumed I challenged you because of anger or frustration.

In fact I challenged your presumptions because humanity is in enough of a mess enough without any more morons claiming ''this is how it is''.

Here it is.

You have not told me anything about yourself at all; why not share (I am all ears) (you seem to be a little bit frustrated/angry).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

You could all stop presuming and actually try opening your minds to non egotistical, non human centric possibilities as to the nature of reality.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: WanDash

You could all stop presuming and actually try opening your minds to non egotistical, non human centric possibilities as to the nature of reality.

WHAT ELSE IS LEFT (other than those contemplations)? Give me another out; or possibility; another exit stage right scenario (get me out of here with some GRACE).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I suggest ''God'' is above and beyond the realms of being categorized and summarized by humanity.

Good suggestion! And yet we have thousands of years of history of wars and abuse over disagreeing opinions over who and what God is. We are no doubt entombed in a matrix of ironies and self-destruction.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The very facts are that it's a big universe and possibly way more vast than human minds could contemplate when Quantum Mechanics are brought into the equation.

The chances are of ''God'' being as described in some 1000+ year old texts, based upon even older mystery religions when there is a lot we know those guys didn't get right, like medicine etc, as they were just guessing it all, just like most of the other guys since historical records and even recently, of being anywhere near the truth is unlikely.

In hindsight given the rate at which actual 'revelations' are appearing about the the reality of the Universe and the lack of information there actually is are happening, it is probable that there are major discoveries that would alter the perception of humanity on such issues as ''God'' and the Universe and dimensions that might just bring the realisation that humanity is not the centre of everything and that the guys writing the ''this is how it is'' stuff are realised as they actually didn't know at all ''how it is''.
edit on 30-10-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth: I consider people like you not worth talking to due to your presumptious and rude nature.

You know nothing about me but you were rude about me.

Your moniker says this; "I AM JUDGEMENTAL because I know the absolute truth" and have (in your own words) absolute truth in my corner. You are a beacon? where does your knowledge come from? It is not in my nature to be 'rude' (perplexed; you misunderstand me). Tell me about your truth.

theabsolutetruth: The thing you are doing is called 'straw man arguments', you can't face the fact that you were challenged and decided on name calling and accusation instead.
And for the record, because I challenged your presumptions, you wrongly presumed I challenged you because of anger or frustration.

Unless you are referring to MGMs classic production of "The Wizard of Oz" Straw Man searching for a brain, you've lost me.

theabsoluteruth: In fact I challenged your presumptions because humanity is in enough of a mess enough without any more morons claiming ''this is how it is''.
Here it is.

So you are an expert 'name caller' and finally reveal why your assertive judgments ring as true (in your universe). This is all supposition; you take this thread so seriously you have lost any sense of humor regarding the content (reduced to calling content posters MORONS).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Because your reply was yet again, wait for it, yaaaaawn, PRESUMPTIONS, I am going to IGNORE it.

Don't bother commenting further about your presumptions or replying, your comments aren't worth my time.
edit on 30-10-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
originally posted by: TombEscaper

theabsolutetruth: I suggest ''God'' is above and beyond the realms of being categorized and summarized by humanity.

God has figured this out (in its wisdom) left strife and murder to continue AS A GOOD SOLUTION to the human problem yet left the human to clean up the mess.

TombEscaper: Good suggestion! And yet we have thousands of years of history of wars and abuse over disagreeing opinions over who and what God is. We are no doubt entombed in a matrix of ironies and self-destruction.

This is so backwards; we have to figure out 'God's missteps (its history of mismanagement, should have been fired years ago). We are left in the backwater of vortexes; to correct this ill thought out existence of a library of species (the potentials, the failed ones). God left too many potentials; and expected better of the human (NOT, look at the middle east). Where is Allah or Mohammed when most needed.
edit on 30-10-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Just for clarity, here’s my original question again…

Originally posted by Joecroft, in reply to vethumanbeing’s post…

how can any entity know everything, if the universe is infinite and expanding…?

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Again you didn't read the original or the replies properly. Your reply presumed again.

I suggest if you are asking me about my comment, refrain from presumptions then read it again.

Re-read my question again, and then re-read your replies to it again.

If I’m incorrectly presuming that certain parts of your reply, are in relation to an infinite and expanding universe, (which is quite natural considering the question) then perhaps you can answer some simple clarifying questions about your first and second replies below…

To answer that question, imagine a substance that is able to contract and expand, it is always the same substance whether in a state of contraction or expansion, the fact that humanity has hypothesised the expansion from observation is irrelevant as it is a glimpse of the 'now' rather than the whole, and it could be a similar situation that humanity is experiencing things in some sort of dimensional slow motion.

(1) According to your above highlighted statement…What did humanity hypothesise the expansion of…?

(2) According to your above highlighted statement, observation of what is irrelevant…?

Your second reponse below….after I asked you for further clarification…

The same substance as in the same substance and not being filled with anything else for expansion or contraction.

The ''whole'' as in entirety, meaning that humanity is perhaps making hypotheses based on glimpses of the 'now' rather than the before, now and after.

Slow motion for humanity in such that the human experience might be a slow motion observation compared to the greater reality.

(1) What is the substance you are talking about in your first paragraph above…?

(2) What is the whole/entirety, that you are talking about, in the second paragraph above…?

(3) What is humanity making an hypotheses on, based on it’s glimpses of the now…?

And just to further emphasize the point…

Here’s part of my second reply to your first response below…

the fact that humanity has hypothesised the expansion from observation is irrelevant as it is a glimpse of the 'now' rather than the whole,

Originally posted by Joecroft

You say it’s a glimpse of the “now“, rather than the whole, but what is the “whole”, in your understanding?

According to science and based on current empirical data, the hypothesis that the universe is infinite and expanding one, seems to be the more likely; but of course, I’m not trying to prove that the universe is an infinite and expanding one…because my original question was merely a hypothetical one…

As you can see, in my question above, I’m clearly presuming, that the terms you used i.e. “expansion”, “observation”, “the now” and the “the whole”, are in relation to an infinite an expanding universe…(as anybody would do!)…based on the paragraph below it…

The point being, that your second response/answer to it (which is further up), made no mention of the fact that I was presuming anything…that only came later…

- JC

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Because your reply was yet again, wait for it, yaaaaawn, PRESUMPTIONS, I am going to IGNORE it.

Just curious; 'The Absolute Truth" (prove your gnostic 'all knowing' nature and share where this information generates from). If your wisdom is as implied' you would be agreeing with me or at least soapboxing your school boy conflicts (my truth is better than yours variety).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

* * * * * * * ATTENTION * * * * * * * *

The discussion has wandered fairly far from the OP. Please post on topic and not about each other.

thank you

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth: The very facts are that it's a big universe and possibly way more vast than human minds could contemplate when Quantum Mechanics are brought into the equation.
The chances are of ''God'' being as described in some 1000+ year old texts, based upon even older mystery religions when there is a lot we know those guys didn't get right, like medicine etc, as they were just guessing it all, just like most of the other guys since historical records and even recently, of being anywhere near the truth is unlikely.

The facts are this is a HUGE universe; and can be grasped by the lowly human. Two thousand year old scripture does not resonate with me; more of a Socrates, Pythagorus, (anything Egyptian) Plato concept; 2500 years that seniors the religious concepts.

theabsolutetruth: hindsight given the rate at which actual 'revelations' are appearing about the the reality of the Universe and the lack of information there actually is are happening, it is probable that there are major discoveries that would alter the perception of humanity on such issues as ''God'' and the Universe and dimensions that might just bring the realisation that humanity is not the centre of everything and that the guys writing the ''this is how it is'' stuff are realised as they actually didn't know at all ''how it is''.

There have been NO revelations revealed in 2000 years regarding mans relationship to God (unless you include Mormanism and Mohammeds idea of Islam). Humanity is the center of ALL Things; it is the SECRET (GODS BEST CREATION; IMAGINATIVE EXPRESSION OF ITSELF EVER). The human is figuring this out (you have not noticed the questions/perplexity of content asked simply to be answered).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

...You could all stop presuming and actually try opening your minds to non egotistical, non human centric possibilities as to the nature of reality.

Is there a manual (/specific course of study) we should master before attempting this?
Is there a success story we can look to...for hope that you're not just pulling our collective leg...and...telling us to try what has not been done before... ?
Or - is it - You...that holds the manual & record success?

Doesn't seem that you are pointing to any'particular'absolute'truth...any more or less than the conversation/discussion invited in/with the Thread Title and/or OP.
If you disagree - you are seeing something I am not...
If so, and if you would care to explain what you are seeing that I am missing... I will attempt to give it due consideration, as well.

Thanks.

ETA: Duly noted, Argentus. Thanks for the...uhhh - encouragement.

edit on 10/30/2014 by WanDash because: caution

edit on 10/30/2014 by WanDash because: spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'd be surprised to find that ideational-gravity was not operating in the threads that are devoted to particular topic titles...VHB's shining, sneaky fairylights are attracting the water (having reached its own level) in this direction - tipping the landscape just enough to get up-close and personal...at least there are no arguments over textual references of the One book...instead...plateau-ing out at the 'what if I were God' questions, that should be asked and debated...because the more I can see how I am construed - the less tenuously I grip the experience that I grew towards - destinations or journeys...

Å99

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2014 by akushla99 because: Strangely repeated post

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join