It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

everytime i visit i come visit ats, i get scared sh*tless of ebola

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
ill admit, im a big time lurker. this is my first time posting in awhile.

but i just needed to say ats as a community is instilling unnecessary fear into people about ebola.

yes ebola is serious but the BOTTOM LINE is that the chances of you catching ebola is lesser than getting hit by lightning.

if you just enjoy talking and discussing about ebola, just know that you are instilling fear into casual readers/lurkers.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CleanCare

Bottom line - Don't be scared just because it's the most interesting thing happening right now.

I'm more freaked out by the sheer levels of gross incompetence being uncovered in our government. Sure, we all knew on some level they were there, but the reality just isn't pretty.

I could do a better job managing this than any of the so-called experts are.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Hi. I'm afraid that blaming the members for what threads you yourself choose to read is a trifle lame, don't you think? We all pick and choose what we read, as we are the ones in control of our mouse, ipad, etc. Just as the ebola threads spook you out, the ones about violence such as a LEO killing a little dog he summons to him would keep me awake for a few nights in a row, so I choose to not click on them.

I don't mean to blow this off as invalid, but exactly what is the nature of your complaint really?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

We choose to discuss Ebola.
You choose read our discussion.
You become afraid.

Who is at fault? You're afraid of things that you choose to let yourself fear. No one is responsible for your fear of a subject, and we're not going to stop discussing it because you've got an issue with it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dont believe everything you read on the internet. - Abraham Lincoln

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Evenin' all,

Let me put all your fears to rest...you can't catch ebola by coming to ATS.

-Peace-

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There's a lot to get into on the Ebola news and surely it can be distracting especially if one doesn't have a ton of time to spend on topics. You don't have to be scared- though despite seeing some of the titles that make you want to read more, skip over as much as possible or only read a select few. Also, contribute some non Ebola threads, if you want to help the community flow, on other topics.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

S&F well said.

When I come here I just try to have a sense of humor and enjoy the hysteria.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You can't get Ebola by coming to ATS... But you can give Ebola by coming to ATS.

Better now?

People choose to read, and they choose to feel fear instead of choosing to educate themselves. It's always better to be more prepared, and more educated than it is to just ignore it because it's a wee bit scary. Nobody here can be responsible for what another person "feels" when they read their posts.

I get mad as hell when I read the Obamacare threads because I feel like I'm being bent over all over again.... That's nobody's fault but mine that I click on every one that I possibly can. When I have my final coronary event, it will be all my fault.... and maybe some of Obama's... but still.

It is what it is and I doubt it's going away any time soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Bottom line - Don't be scared just because it's the most interesting thing happening right now.

I'm more freaked out by the sheer levels of gross incompetence being uncovered in our government. Sure, we all knew on some level they were there, but the reality just isn't pretty.

I could do a better job managing this than any of the so-called experts are.

I'm with you. My posts on Ebola focus on this gross incompetence. I am truly enraged by it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

It was Thomas Jefferson that made that quote. Right at the end of WW2

Sheesh

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

S&F well said.

When I come here I just try to have a sense of humor and enjoy the hysteria.

Haha! This pretty much sums up my experience with ATS. While a lot of legit news does get filtered through here, there is some remarkable quackery to be witnessed aswell. ATS is my comedy site.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hello again ketsuko,

"I could do a better job managing this than any of the so-called experts are."

Besides your self, can you tell me what expert or authority in infectious diseases has earned your trust and respect?

Perhaps it would be Doctor Ben Carson, or Doctor Rand Paul.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
While i just joined today, i have been lurking for several years. Seems like every other thread has something to do with the topic of Ebola.

Guess its the new hot topic.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Twitter sucks -Jackie Gleason

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

It was Thomas Jefferson that made that quote. Right at the end of WW2

Sheesh

No,
He said it right after Canada bombed Pearl harbor.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
O o its a first sign of an addiction..
Getting scared sh*tless and still keep getting back.
Throw all tinfoil out of your house as a preventive measure.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
pretty sure Malaria is worse, tho malaria has treatments. When your in the outback you don't know how suspetible you are to it. The incubation period of malaria is faster than Ebola as well. within 10 days you show symptoms. if left untreated for a few weeks and symptoms get severe you can die, expecially if you have no prior immunity to malaria. People with Ebola get sick, seemingly get better then die of organ failure. So they both are very similar in that they cause all sorts of problems.

its recomended to take anti-malaria drugs when going to countries where its rampent. Last time i check malaria claims over 800,000 lives a year with roughly 150 million-200 million malaria cases a year that are treated. So say 1 out of every 120 people who get malaria die from it and that's only because we have treatment. Could you imagine how fast the *population* issue would fix itself if there was no treatments for malaria at all?

so far ebola has claimed less lives than the Israeli vs palastine war that broke out this year. As the other comments have mentioned i wouldn't worry about it to much. Just let the pandamic group deal with it, they need help in distributing vaccines to spread, uh i mean * Immunize* the population.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: ketsuko

Hello again ketsuko,

"I could do a better job managing this than any of the so-called experts are."

Besides your self, can you tell me what expert or authority in infectious diseases has earned your trust and respect?

Perhaps it would be Doctor Ben Carson, or Doctor Rand Paul.

Are you really making this about politics?

Honestly?

No one in power at any level, at any place, has handled this well. Does that set your partisan detector at rest?

From the hospital that didn't handle it well, to the bureaucrats who refuse to just take the initiative and lead anywhere, the experts at the CDC who say you can't catch it but you can spread it, to the people who are supposed to be in quarantine who refuse to stay there, to the people who are supposed to lead and appoint political operatives to positions of authority, to the people in the office that should be on point who has not been heard from since this started ...

It's been one giant clusterf*** all over since the start.
edit on 19-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Several docs, with good reason, have suggested a 10 gm prophylactic dose of vit C would prevent most cases... if not all.

Their arguments are numerous, but the main point is that Ebola presents as rapid, mega scurvy... the disease that results from a lack of vit C.

They go on to say treatment of a patient already ill with a 50 gm IV of sodium C every day for a week should cure it... and want this theory tested by the CDC.

Adding vit D w/ glutathione is recommended... a google search should bring up some pertinent articles. Certain front line docs in Africa have reported success with reliving symptoms with liposomal C as well, but I don't know how it ended, I only heard the preliminary reports from a second hand source.

Either way, taking a little more of something we all need is nothing but good, and further research is warranted.

ETA oh, and I added this here as a little relief from the panic complained about in the OP.. .heh. Maybe a vit can make it all better...

edit on 10/19/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join