It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe time for alternate treatment? Feel free to suggest - Shoulder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Good evening fine folks

Kyo here asking for honest advice.

A tiny background ((quite brief if I can))

1998 - Fall off of horse over a jump and tear shoulder up...but actually nothing truly torn
2004 - Minot AFB, ND. Slip on ice and fall on same shoulder, arm outstretched...now screwed
Pain for long time, severely decreased motion
2005 - Military doctor's finally let me see surgeon - 2 hour surgery. Shoulder decompression, removal of bursa, cuff repair, removal of 1 inch of acromion and 1 inch of clavicle, deltoid repair

2014 (now...obviously) - Shoulder is freezing. Chronic pain in scapula, chest (have already done EKG and stress test to be sure), arm, cuff, and neck. MRI of neck and shoulder done..they say normal. So still I have only 80% lift and 75% rotation

Tried the following:

2005 - Original surgery
2013 - 6 months of rather intense physical therapy (slightly helpful)
Throughout this time I've had NSAIDS, Toradol, steroid injections, muscle relaxers, massage, chiropractic and acupuncture
Hot baths, warm baths, stretching, exercises

Some of it helps somewhat...but nothing is getting this pain to stop and it doesn't seem to give me all my range back

I won't take narcotics. They only mask pain and I was an addict anyway and only use them when in extreme pain

I'm not asking anyone to be a doctor...but does anyone have any other alternatives?

Massage helps...but I cannot afford that often enough

Sooooo...any ideas? Anyone go through this?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

I'm not a doctor, but I have had a similar accident to your2004 accident, although not as bad, and I'm wondering, based on my own experience, whether there is a circulatory or nerve related component. Is the circulation worse in your hand on the damaged side than on the good side?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Tumeric w/pepper, massage and 'gentle' yoga.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'd suggest taking a few supplements together, 4 days on, three days off.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, combined with black pepper.
Hyaluronic acid, helps the synovial fluid inside joints, works well for cartilage, tendons.
Coconut oil, cold pressed, unrefined - great for a number of things, it is said to prevent arthritis.
Ginger, helps in repairing nerve damage, associated with joint problems.
Vit C, as sodium ascorbate, the alkaline form of vit c. Helps beside other things, in a good state and or formation of collagen.
MSM, helpful in joint health.

I's start with these, do your own research on them. You will definitely feel better.
All the best.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am currently recovering from a broken collar bone and dislocated shoulder. Seems I may be getting a little old to play football. I refuse to take pharmaceutical pain killers. I use beer for pain relief. Works pretty good.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'm curious as to why you think anyone on here would be able to provide a solution to your dilemma...given that various medical professionals over the last 16 years haven't managed to?

That said...have you tried Capsaicin cream?

I hear it's quite good for chronic pain, but may take a few weeks to kick in.

If that doesn't work I'm at a loss, because you seem to have exhausted all other options.

Personally, I have never experienced any pain that can't be controlled by adequate amounts of Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, and Dihydrocodeine (though the respective doses would need to be tweaked to find the winning combination that suits you).

As to limited range of movement...regular gentle exercise approved by a physiotherapist?

You might never get the full range back, you've got to be realistic.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Salonpas works well for some pain.
And heat helps get the blood flowing to areas to promote healing

I've never tried one...although I do plan on buying one soon, but TENS units help with pain:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.tenspainrelief.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I fell of a motor bike 30+ years ago and tore/strained the ligaments in my shoulder according to a doctor that treated an Australian cricketer who suffered a similar injury taking a catch during a test match only a few years before.

Its been sore off and on ever since. I have never been able to throw a ball using the standard throwing actions most people use since then. I could only throw using the underarm technique.

A few years it got sore again and affected my driving so I decided to do something about it. I thought to myself that if I go to a doctor it will be the usual stuff of get an xray, then some physio etc etc.

So, I decided to give the acupuncture a go thinking I had nothing to loose and perhaps something to gain. I got two lots of treatment and my shoulder has never been better with this injury. I can now throw a ball properly although not hard and the shoulder rarely gives me trouble. Its not perfect, sometimes some minor twinges of pain but not enough to go back for more treatment.

Apparently; I was supposed to 4 treatments but I had 2 and it fixed 80-90% of the problem. One day I may go back and get the standard 4 treatments.

I am very glad I did not go to a doctor and went straight into the acupuncture treatment.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Acupuncture and tuina massage eastern medicine is the go,western medicine is generally useless for skeleto-muscular complaints

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What was the diagnosis prior to the surgery?
How much scar tissue is affecting the area?

Is it painful to move your shoulder or it just locks up??
Do you have a lot of noise ....clicking....when you move??
What was your regimen for the NSAIDS...and which ones?
Do you think there is a nerve impingement??

My husband had some luck with this book
Framework for the shoulder
edit on Sun Oct 19 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I run a clinic with Physio Chiro and massage. I have no medical credentials. We use a Low Level Laser for pain reduction. Look into it, We solved my wifes frozen shoulder with it. We charge $50 per session, depending on the severity of an injury a person could do anywhere from 6 sessions to unlimited sessions.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
the acupuncture sounds good due to learnatics experience so i'd start there if that doesn't work try some fulvic acid www.supremefulvic.com...

you also would benefit by taking some borax and magnesium research rex Newnham this will remove all the calcium being stored in your joints

sulphur coarse crystal flakes no additives helps frozen shoulders also delivers oxygen all over your body

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
holy cow....ok wow...thank you all

lawman - very much yes...when I raise my arm to it's max or near, it gets cold, tingly and very weak feeling. I can feel a noticeable difference in my hands

Fyrebird/Ubei/DontTread/jinni - quite pleased to try anything...I will start checking out all of these

CJCrawley - oh I don't know...maybe people have had similar experiences where western med has failed and somehting alternative I haven't thought of worked? Capcasin masks but thank you and those NSAIDS control nada

learnatic - quite possible the guy I saw maybe just didn't hit the right area? oooor likely maybe I didn't give appropriate clues? The pain seems to fire from several locations.

Thank you all tons

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm not a doctor, but I have had a similar accident to your2004 accident, although not as bad, and I'm wondering, based on my own experience, whether there is a circulatory or nerve related component. Is the circulation worse in your hand on the damaged side than on the good side?

www.norareviews.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Have a good news is that a majority of the time health problems can be treated without going to the hospital. To speed up the healing an acronym known as PRICEM can be used and this stands for protection, rest, ice, compression, elevation and medication.
-----------
beautyhairguide.com...

top topics

join