It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military trains coming through Atlanta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Today a whole bunch of military vehicles, more than 3 mins of train worth, was coming through College Park.

This video has a lot of explicit language in it , and the audio isn't required, but take a look at this:

m.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Not Facebook.
NEVER FACEBOOK!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I don't have or want fb...any way people can view the video without having to be part of facebag?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

MMM bummer… I can't log in.

ETA: It might be that you hot linked it. Use the link Icon (little box with arrow) above the post window to create a link for ATS.
I'm not sure, can others pretty please find a fix and let us seeee?

edit on 18-10-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I wonder if they're setting up Ebola quarantine camps?

The destination of that train is important.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The destination of that train is important.

The Coast, probably. Where theres a port. Where theres ships.

Some where theres an army needing more boots on ground.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This happens on a regular basis, in fact there are threads created each year raising the same concerns but from what I can tell this is standard operations for the military.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Or to the base they're from, and the track took them through Atlanta, or a depot facility because they just came back from somewhere....

Train is the easiest way to ship gear around in any actual numbers.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

zTrain is the easiest way to ship gear around in any actual numbers.

So are ships. Without knowing the type of vehicles, the color scheme, how they are outfitted and such, its so far a moot point. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

…but from what I can tell this is standard operations for the military.

Yes, American Hegemony is SOP.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You also have to remember that Georgia had two very large army bases, Benning and Stewart, both of which regularly deploy to training centers like NTC and JRTC, and overseas . The rail lines in Atlanta connect to Savannah, Brunswick, Mobile, and Jacksonville. And units from Kentucky and other areas could conceivably go through Atlanta to get to these southern ports.

I didn't watch the whole video but the part i did watch i only saw humvees and transportation assets, not tanks, Bradleys, howitzers, and other front line vehicles. However it didn't look like vehicles heading to a depot though. There were too many conexes and generators for it to not be active unit coming home our heading out. Could have quite possibly been elements that are deploying to Liberia or other areas if headed south or east. If headed north or west if was probably gear from 3rd Infantry, Florida or Georgia national guard headed to a training center.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Color scheme was dessert tan with a few OD vehicles mixed in. Leading me to think 3rd ID coming home or going out.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

So are ships.

At probably triple what it takes to get there by train.

Not to mention travel time...Across land is much faster than going around that land.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I meant more like if the materiel was heading overseas. There are no trains heading there.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane

Color scheme was dessert tan with a few OD vehicles mixed in. Leading me to think 3rd ID coming home or going out.

Thanks for the descriptive. I have x number replies and yours was the only one that answered a question.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

I was only throwing the depot out as a potential place it could be, instead of just leaping to "an army needs boots on the ground". It's about time for NTC to start up another exercise if I remember my schedules right, so they may be heading that way, or as you said, might have just come home.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

trains are normal - don't panic till you find AFVs being unloaded outside your house

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Not sure if it's been mentioned....but....

Every fall most if not all armed services and other federal institutions have to inventory and audit pretty much everything. That includes vehicles, weapons, and even people. It's so they can maintain accountability and create budgets. During this craziness everything gets shuffled around.
When a lot of these vehicles come back from overseas they come back when and with whom it's convienent. Then inventory comes along and they have to go back to the unit who claims ownership.... Often times entire motor pools are moved around for this reason. Hence why all these stories pop up around this time of year along with the "FEMA's preparing for something!" stuff.

Source: I was an armorer and worked the motor pool on Fort Hood for a bit. This was a fairly normal occurrence.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Obama has announce that 4000 troops from the 101st ABN Div at FT Campbell, KY will deploy to Liberia. Equipment moving toward the coast for sea-lift doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me. Shipment of enough gear for this number of troops may take several trains like in the video and several weeks to accomplish. Logistics are a MOFO#@" like the man said...lol. "Ebola Ebonics"

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The guy in the video needs to calm down. He obviously has no idea what he is talking about as he claims 'something is going' on over and over again. Moving military vehicles by train is nothing new. Next week my unit will be spending almost every day at the rails loading up and chaining down all of our vehicles for a training rotation. We have done it before, and will do it many times in the future. Calm down people.

top topics

join