It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens wear shoes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Let's put ourselves in the aliens' shoes for a second, (okay, maybe aliens don't wear shoes, but it's just a figure of speech.) Let's pretend for a second that we are the most technologically advanced race in the universe. (I know, it's hard to believe, but bear with me.) And sometime in the future, we discover a planet in another galaxy with some slightly less technologically advanced beings living on it. Perhaps when we discover them they are at about the same evolutionary place in time as we are right now: just barely discovering anything about anything in the universe outside their own tiny planet. What would we as humans do about it? Would we abduct members of their species and do experiments on them? Would we just drop down and pop our heads out of the space shuttle and use an age-old icebreaker like "Hey! Can we borrow a cup of sugar?" or something? Would we trade out technology secrets to them in return for members of their race? What would we do?

[edit on 8/12/04 by an3rkist]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
probably exploit them to the max, consume their resources while claiming interacial intergration was a good thing!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
Perhaps when we discover them they are at about the same evolutionary place in time as we are right now: just barely discovering anything about anything in the universe outside their own tiny planet. What would we as humans do about it? Would we abduct members of their species and do experiments on them? Would we trade out technology secrets to them in return for members of their race? What would we do?

[edit on 8/12/04 by an3rkist]

Whose to say we haven't already abducted members of some species?
I mean anything is possible. If we were superior, I'm sure our government would screw 'em over, steal their intelligence and never let us know of their existence.. wait....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What would humans do? My best guess is it depends on who 'd discover that less developed world. Not all humans doo humane things. Just look at the world situation right now, where the #"$ are compassion and love? No no, no place for such a things in our high tech world. Well, that's just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
We'd have to nuke them. By 2200 they could become a threat to our own survival.

But seriously, this question is a good way of answering the question of how an alien race - capable of instellar travel - would treat us.

I believe the answer is general non-interference. Grab'em, take some fluid samples, tag'em, release them back into the sea.

If you read alot of abduction stories you find the abductor behaviour is no different to how we would treat an animal undergoing biological examination. This is probably the scariest aspect.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

probably exploit them to the max, consume their resources while claiming interacial intergration was a good thing!

I'd have to second this one.

This is pretty much what we've done with ALL other technologically inferior people when a more advanced group of people have discovered them... The Africans were put into slavery, the Indians driven from their land, etc. etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It warms my old ragged heart to see such pessimism. You are my people!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It warms my old ragged heart to see such pessimism. You are my people!

Just calling them as I see 'em....Our history speaks for itself....

top topics

join