It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing confident low-key approach will protect China against Ebola

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Oh,
Don't get me wrong.
I'll bet there are several antivirals and vaccines that are available. They were just never going to be profitable until now.

Reston infects people with no symptoms. Might even create antibodies that would fight Zaire.
They've had that available to work with for decades.
They can't have missed it, but the CDC seems to be more worried about politics than curing diseases.
Crucell was doing vaccine trials on humans in 2006.
There are other things out there but they never put any effort into them.
Maybe some of the "stimulus" packages could have thrown a little bit of cash at it.
Solyndra got half a billion to do nothing.
Oh, wait, the guy who signed off on that is the new drug czar.
Now I get it.

edit on 18-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints
That's the really depressing part. A disease has to be profitable! It has to pass a business case. I get that but WTF has the CDC and WHO been going? Not much apparently.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I've been thinking about it but I'm still formulating my thoughts. Hell what forum would even put the topic of "massive paradigm shift of entire human race on every facet of life"?

For now I just interject bits and pieces where relevant. The responses are informative and interesting. My favorite so far was when I interjected it into the leopard burning thread yesterday. Apparently suggesting that we not spend energy saving animals who would be more safe if we fixed our own problems. I bet we'd destroy nature less if we cleaned house. Fossil fuels, infinite growth, and mindless consumption hurt nature and animals most.

Either way I love existential debate. The obsession with concrete facts and solutions has caused as many issues as the old timey opposite end of pure emotional responses. Since I am rational rather than emotional, but not coldly logical with zero emotions I tend to not get very far. People like simplistic binary viewpoints.

So if you wanna debate start a thread or private message me or you could just wait till my eventual thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
I get that but WTF has the CDC and WHO been going? Not much apparently.

Going on?
You mean what is their budget?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Ebola: Has The World Failed West Africa?

Chart there about donations and pledges.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Just the current political spin one way or the other.

We will all do the same in the end when it comes to survival thats how we have survived as a species

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: joho99

Lol and it's outdated. The same ideals that led to our survival are going to destroy us. Imagine if the Muslims or Christians had nukes during the crusades. We'd all be dead.

Either way altruism has accomplished far more than individualism. Almost every positive thing has come from people caring about other people.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yep. Available with few to test it on (that we...erm...know of).

Drug czar makes more sense to me than ebola czar given who they picked is a freaking lawyer. I will never, ever get this choice.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Yep. Available with few to test it on (that we...erm...know of).

Drug czar makes more sense to me than ebola czar given who they picked is a freaking lawyer. I will never, ever get this choice.

He is a political hatchet man.
He's there to make sure that this administration comes out of this ebola thing in the best political position.
He's not there to protect the country.
He's there to protect the present administration.
We've got elections coming up.
After the polls close, the other shoe will drop.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join