It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Signs of "Connected Consciousness" Detected on Global Scale

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
Just more proof that thoughts are things. Thoughts have creative force and shape our reality. Observation sets probability. They used to call it witchcraft or magic. It's still sort of magical huh?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM

originally posted by: NthOther
It's only "real" science when it supports the positivist worldview. Anything suggesting that there is "more than meets the eye" is immediately lambasted and ridiculed as heretical. Anything that demonstrates we are all really one consciousness is swept under the rug and ignored to the maximum extent possible.

Science is nothing more than a branch of politics at this point. Like religion always has been.

Great point!!

Exactly, they say that only Scientist that agree with their beliefs are following the Scientific Method. It's just a silly position based on blind belief.

There's more evidence for psi, Quantum Mind and a connected consciousness than there is for string theory, parallel universes or Inflation. Yet, the blind materialist claim with a straight face that there's no evidence. If you're so blinded by your belief that you can't even accept that other Scientist who are just as intelligent has reached a different conclusion than you have, then you're no different than the Jehovah Witnesses that knock on doors. Here's more from a paper called:

A call for an open, informed study of all aspects of consciousness

Science thrives when there is an open, informed discussion of all evidence, and recognition that scientific knowledge is provisional and subject to revision. This attitude is in stark contrast with reaching conclusions based solely on a previous set of beliefs or on the assertions of authority figures. Indeed, the search for knowledge wherever it may lead inspired a group of notable scientists and philosophers to found in 1882 the Society for Psychical Research in London. Its purpose was “to investigate that large body of debatable phenomena… without prejudice or prepossession of any kind, and in the same spirit of exact and unimpassioned inquiry which has enabled Science to solve so many problems.” Some of the areas in consciousness they investigated such as psychological dissociation, hypnosis, and preconscious cognition are now well integrated into mainstream science. That has not been the case with research on phenomena such as purported telepathy or precognition, which some scientists (a clear minority according to the surveys conducted dis-miss a priori as pseudoscience or illegitimate. Contrary to the negative impression given by some critics, we would like to stress the following:

It was signed by 100 Scientist. Here's some of them.

Daryl Bem, Professor Emeritus of Psychology, Cornell University, USA

Etzel Cardeña, Thorsen Professor of Psychology, Lund University, Sweden

Bernard Carr, Professor in Mathematics and Astronomy, University of London, UK

C. Robert Cloninger, Renard Professor of Psychiatry, Genetics, and Psychology, Washington University in St. Louis, USA

Robert G. Jahn, Past Dean of Engineering, Princeton University, USA

Brian Josephson, Emeritus Professor of Physics, University of Cambridge, UK (Nobel prizewinner in physics, 1973)

Menas C. Kafatos, Fletcher Jones Endowed Professor of Computational Physics, Chapman University, USA

Irving Kirsch, Professor of Psychology, University of Plymouth, Lecturer in Medicine, Harvard Medical School, USA, UK

Mark Leary, Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, USA

Dean Radin, Chief Scientist, Institute of Noetic Sciences, Adjunct Faculty in Psychology, Sonoma State University, USA

Robert Rosenthal, Distinguished Professor, University of California, Riverside, Edgar Pierce Professor Emeritus, Harvard University, USA

Lothar Schäfer, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Physical Chemistry, University of Arkansas, USA

Raymond Tallis, Emeritus Professor of Geriatric Medicine, University of Manchester, UK

Charles T. Tart, Professor in Psychology Emeritus, University of California, Davis, USA

Simon Thorpe, Director of Research CNRS (Brain and Cognition), University of Toulouse, France

Patrizio Tressoldi, Researcher in Psychology, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy

Jessica Utts, Professor and Chair of Statistics, University of California, Irvine, USA

Max Velmans, Professor Emeritus in Psychology, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK

Caroline Watt, Senior Lecturer in Psychology, Edinburgh University, UK

Phil Zimbardo, Professor in Psychology Emeritus, Stanford University, USA

P. Baseilhac, Researcher in Theoretical Physics, University of Tours, France

Eberhard Bauer, Dept. Head, Institute of Border Areas of Psychology and Mental Hygiene, Freiburg,

According to blind materialist, all of these people are idiots who don't know anything about the Scientific Method. It's a really silly and illogical position.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:30 PM
a reply to: Nechash

I can completely relate to you and what you say....I guess after doing some readings and when I finally 'found my self' and accepted my self i became more aware....more aware of everything. I'm a hard...but i been working on it....meditation helps me greatly, but sometimes I even question my self how I am easily able to connect to complete thing you know they share things with me and all i do is listen without judging and give them advice....finding someone that listens is sometimes what people are looking for. Our minds are so powerful...hugging tress and walking barefooted has also helped me. I wake up thankful because i woke up...anyways, i love this...i love it how people are waking up....took long enough right!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
I had never heard of the Mind Lamp before; how fascinating! Really makes me think 'Electric Universe'. Is there a giant Generator in the universe somewhere?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
As for this mind lamp...

Strike 1:
None of this research is peer reviewed. There has been zero independent verification for ANY of the manufacturers claims. In fact, I'm hard pressed to find any rigorous proof of its functionality on their own website. Videos created by the manufacturer supposedly demonstrating its use aren't trustworthy for obvious reasons.

Strike 2:
This "research" by Princeton doesn't seem to even exist anymore. The link on the Mind Lamp site 404's and all that's left any any scientific explanation is mumbo jumbo on their website. To the layperson, with an extremely limited understanding of the principles that this device supposedly derives its use from, it might actually sound plausible.

This is just another example of an entrepreneur targeting a demographic that eats up anything that sounds remotely plausible and in line with their world view.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
a reply to: Pants3204

Strike 3 and you're out.

First, Dean Radin does a great job going over just some of the evidence in this area that has been published, peer reviewed and replicated.

This is a Google talk from 2008 and since then even more evidence has accumulated.

Here's more about Pear Labs

Hears a 16 minute video on Pear research

Much of the research of Pear has been continued on in places like the Global Consciousness Project, Psyleron and the Institute of Noetic Sciences.

You said:

To the layperson, with an extremely limited understanding of the principles that this device supposedly derives its use from, it might actually sound plausible.

This is the typical vacuous statement that basically says people are too dumb to understand what they're reading and only blind materialist can figure this out.

This is hogwash and like I said, the science behind it hasn't been invalidated or refuted. For the most part, you get responses like yours that lack any substance and say everyone that doesn't agree with me are just gullible idiots.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
Nice thread.

This is amazing. More and more things are now coming to the surface of mainline science, of things I (and thousands of you) have already imagined, and felt to be true.

Now we must learn how to utilize our Global Consciousness to create physical and mental health/wealth - and peace on earth.

Think what is said in the book "The Secret" - but on a grande scale.. it could work

I believe it DOES work - but we lack the skillset to do it.
First we must believe it works (Mainline science now proving more and more certainly helps in order to believe) then we must try out and practice on a small scale. In our own life. Things like health and happiness. Once we learn the skillset it will be time to put it to use on a Global level.
Maybe in 100 years we have mastered it!

But we will of course - have difficulties along the way, with TPTB trying to keep us in a sleeping state.
So that is obviously the first step. WAKE UP and realise we are being hypnotized and brainwashed every day!
It is easy to become immune though, so keep your head up. Its never too late to wake up and RESIST!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
my dad always said: positive thoughts bring positive things
until i read the book celestine prophecy i didn't pay much attention to it..
i know the book itself is quite sci-fi in many ways but it made me interested in this kind of things

great thread! very inspirational as well

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
a reply to: neoholographic
Well for good or bad or worse we are connected in a way, but changing the colors of a lamp does not prove or do much, and really that is a pretty expensive color changing lamp.

Now do you think if I stare at it long enough and send some mind power vibrations its way that it will come down in price? Not likely right.
edit on 6pmSundaypm192014f0pmSun, 19 Oct 2014 18:18:55 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
a reply to: rickymouse
Oh lol!

Reminds me of a creepypasta I read years ago. So what happens when the new controller who the torch is passed on to, chooses to not believe in any of you, would you all stop existing then?

This site is the only one I found the story on now. It's called The Believers.

Belief is a powerful thing. Well, not your belief: your opinions couldn’t be less important. But there is someone, and there always has been someone, who can control the universe by his powers of belief. You see, at any given moment the universe is controlled by what one particular man believes. All things, right down to the laws of physics, are subject to instantaneous change as soon as one dies and another is chosen.

Amelia Earheart? Disappeared when the new Believer couldn’t fathom a female aviator. Ever wonder why Newton’s seemingly obvious laws of motion took so long to come around? Well, for thousands of years all the Believer’s put their stock in Aristotle’s physics. Believers don’t even know about their powers, and it is flat out impossible to tell who is one.

edit on 6pmSundaypm192014f0pmSun, 19 Oct 2014 18:30:08 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:48 PM

the science behind it hasn't been invalidated or refuted

That's because you haven't looked. There's a whole host of studies and journal papers critiquing the statistical methods and scientific approach to PEAR's research in this field. The fact that their subject sample size was so abysmally small that one person comprised nearly 50% (!) of their experimentation is just the tip of the iceberg. I could attach verified, peer reviewed analysis refuting the conclusions made by these studies, but it's not like that would change your perception of this "magic lamp" at all.

I'm not trying to denounce the study of consciousness or anything of the sort, I'm just telling you this fancy desk lamp is a con.
edit on ppm1031333204 by Pants3204 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:54 PM

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Well for good or bad or worse we are connected in a way, but changing the colors of a lamp does not prove or do much, and really that is a pretty expensive color changing lamp.

Now do you think if I stare at it long enough and send some mind power vibrations its way that it will come down in price? Not likely right.

You're wrong. It does a lot. Many of the things we use today started off with simpler use because you need to show proof of concept. Why would it be any different now?

It's not about a lamp changing colors but the years of experiments and research coming to fruition through things like quantum tunneling and random event generators.

This isn't just someone thought up on a whim, there's years and years of research that's behind this.

People want to quickly claim they must be charlatans because SURPRISE they're selling a product for money. They have to fund their continued research and this is one way to do it. I Have been following this research for years and it's good to see an application of the science behind the research.

I see thousands of items for sale and looking to get funded on places like Kickstarter that don't have half of the research behind it as does the Mind Lamp.

People are quick to say they must be duping people and they don't have any idea as to how it works and the research behind it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
a reply to: Pants3204

Show me the research.

You claim to have this research.

Show me the papers that refute and invalidate that thought can cause random systems to behave in a non random way.

Make sure you read your links before posting them because I will read them and expose them for not refuting or invalidating anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:19 PM
A company over here sells this light for 60 euro's with 16+ million variations of color and all you get is a colorful display of a rainbow. Yet they can prove it shines over 16 million variations in between somehow.

It lose nice though you still have to use a remote to switch to a tone of you're liking though.

Either way that's pretty fast for my experience, I can't even see more then 50 shades of rainbow.

There have been a couple of experiments being done I ran into over the years that actually suggested these inter connectivity stuff and I find it hard to imagine all of them, if they ran through their time, or funds have been completely ridiculous, while some stuff actually does resonate it all in a very possible and provable science.

Although I might float off sometimes a bit. What the bleep did that too along half way through the shows.

I am convinced of investing into positive things will lead to them getting a larger role in your lives in the near and farther away futures. But that's because the alternative is investing into a negative thing will make it grow larger as well.
What you seed is what might get. You will never get what you don't seed at all

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:33 PM
a reply to: Sinter Klaas

The 16 million figure probably comes from a red, green and blue led with an 8 bit color depth (a fairly common arrangement). It's a bit of a lame marketing pitch as your phone/TV/computer screen has the same color range so not that mind blowing.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:44 PM
a reply to: GetHyped

I assumed so. But it does come with this cool design and a remote control.
My phone can do a lot just not as effective.

I can say I enjoy the feature used simultaneously with a tv, for background lighting. But I believe we drift way to far of topic.

I'd bless the day, when tv would show you something your mind picks for you though. That must become a weird day, when you first have that experience.
edit on 10/19/2014 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:05 PM
Listen dude I did not mean to diss your mind lamp thing. I cant comment on it as I dont have one of these lamps and never tested one out, but really even if you could get it to change colors using your bodies biometrical feed output its not really that big of a deal, or at least I dont think it is.

Even if it could do all that all it would be is just another cool toy but nothing more, maybe if they could somehow program it to instead just turn a lamp different colors maybe something like change the TV Chanel, or open the garage door, or use it as a sort of mental remote, for you or any number of things like that using your mind and presence only, well then it may have plenty of potential. And really till they do all that, even if people believe, I dont think they would much care.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
If all these consciousnesses are connected, how come neoholographic gets his knickers in a twist every time someone disagrees with him, even slightly?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:31 AM
At least the good scientists at PEAR are honest enough when they are unable to replicate their results.

Abstract—A consortium of research groups at Freiburg, Giessen, and Princeton was formed in 1996 to pursue multidisciplinary studies of mind/machine interaction anomalies. The first collaborative project undertaken was an attempted replication of prior Princeton experiments that had demonstrated anomalous deviations of the outputs of electronic random event generators in correlation with prestated intentions of human operators...

...The agreed upon primary criterion for the anomalous effect was the magnitude of the HI–LO data separation, but data also were collected on a number of secondary correlates. The primary result of this replication effort was that whereas the overall HI–LO mean separations proceeded in the intended direction at all three laboratories, the overall sizes of these deviations failed by an order of magnitude to attain that of the prior experiments, or to achieve any persuasive level of statistical significance.

Mind/Machine Interaction Consortium: Port REG Replication Experiments

Radin on the other hand, perhaps not so much:

This note critically reviews the methodology of the accompanying papers by Roger Nelson and Dean Radin, emphasizing a key limiting feature of the experimental procedure. I personally disagree with the former’s conclusion that anomalous effects have been unequivocally established. The latter’s paper, analyzing the same data, views its results as suggestions to be tested using future data, which for reasons discussed below is the only possible result of exploratory analysis. While I judge the degree of cogency of all of the results in both papers as low, this note is essentially a set of suggestions that I hope will encourage both you, the Reader, to judge for yourself and the researchers in this field to improve their methodology.

For example, RDN finds a result in Figure 1 that is not very significant, so he looks at more data to yield the apparently more significant result in his Figure 2. I do not object to this examination of the data in ‘‘the larger context,’’ but do believe that it should be accompanied by the comment that at this step one is going outside the scope of a pre-defined hypothesis and performing exploratory analysis.

Was There Evidence of Global Consciousness on September 11, 2001?

We also provide verification of a separate analysis posted by Dr. Dean Radin, but we differ markedly with regard to the posted conclusions. Using Radin’s analysis, we do not find significant evidence that the GCP network’s EGG’s responded to the New York City attacks in real time. Radin’s computation of 6000:1 odds against chance during the events are accounted for by a not-unexpected local deviation that occurred approximately 3 hours before the attacks.
We conclude that the network random number generators produced data consistent with mean chance expectation during the worst single day tragedy in American history.

Global Consciousness Project: An Independent Analysis of The 11 September 2001 Events
edit on 20-10-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:15 AM

Thanks for the detailed response.

Unfortunately $250.00 is too rich for my blood. So, in the best tradition of Hardware Hacking, I looked on the web to see if anyone had constructed a home-made unit.

Rob Seward has a design for a quantum tunneling RNG that basically meets EGG requirements. Pretty simple in that it only requires a handful of discrete components and an Analog to Digital Controller (ADC).

Cryogenius has another design with a different output signal.

GCP Hardware details the requirements for the hardware RNGs used in the global project.

The GCP Project website has vast quantities of information concerning the theory of operation, data collection and analysis.

And all of the EGGSHELL Analysis source code is available if anyone is interested in performing their own series of experiments.

These homemade devices may not be as sensitive as the commercially manufactured units. However, the theory is relatively straightforward, so it shouldn't be too difficult to improve the design and increase sensitivity.

A little custom written software could sample the RNG output and determine the effect, if any, of psychic activity. In fact, this device could be used to experimentally measure the effect of a variety of stimuli.

If this effect can be duplicated by your average weekend hardware hacker in his garage, I suspect that the GCP theory would quickly gain more traction. Or, become more controversial. Either way, the Great Learned Ones of Science will have to descend from their lofty white towers in the sky to address us; those whom they deem beneath their contempt. They may speak the truth. But it is more likely that they will repeat those oft spoken words: "Nothing to see here people. Move Along..."

Just a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>