It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas urges Palestinians to protect Al-Aqsa by 'all means'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ramallah (Palestinian Territories) (AFP) - Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas on Friday called on his people to prevent Israeli settlers from entering Jerusalem's flashpoint Al-Aqsa mosque and use "all means" to protect the site.

His comments came days after Israeli police clashed with Palestinian protesters demonstrating against Jews visiting the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, Islam's third holiest site but which is also revered by Jews.

"It is not enough to say the settlers came, but they must be barred from entering the compound by any means. This is our Aqsa... and they have no right to enter it and desecrate it," Abbas said.

"Jerusalem is the jewel in the crown and it is the eternal capital of the Palestinian state. Without it, there will not be a state," he said.

"It is important for the Palestinians to be united in order to protect Jerusalem," he added.

I didn't see this posted on ATS yet, and in my opinion it is very important news. Al-Aqsa is the third holiest site for Muslims and this new development has the potential to create chaos never seen before in this on going crisis. It seems Israel does not take breaks to provoke Palestinians, and this time the provocation will be affecting every Muslim in the world because it is one of the most sacred Mosque in the Islamic tradition.

Israel's intentions seem to always be nefarious. How is it even possible to contemplate peace with non-stop provocation. Obviously war and destruction is what the Zionists want.

God save us all.

Al-Aqsa Mosque (Arabic:المسجد الاقصى al-Masjid al-Aqṣā, IPA: [ʔælˈmæsdʒɪd ælˈʔɑqsˤɑ] ( listen), "the Farthest Mosque") also known as Al-Aqsa and Bayt al-Muqaddas, is the third holiest site in Islam and is located in the Old City of Jerusalem. The site on which the silver domed mosque sits, along with the Dome of the Rock, also referred to as al-Haram ash-Sharif or "Noble Sanctuary,"[2] is the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, the place where the Temple stood before being destroyed by the Romans in 70 CE. Muslims believe that Muhammad was transported from the Sacred Mosque in Mecca to al-Aqsa during the Night Journey. Islamic tradition holds that Muhammad led prayers towards this site until the seventeenth month after the emigration, when God directed him to turn towards the Kaaba.

Qatar strongly denounces Israeli Aqsa break in

Mahmoud Abbas Urges Palestinians To Defend Al-Aqsa, Suggests Banning 'Settlers' From Entering

Hamas: Israel's attacks on Al-Aqsa will cause a 'volcanic explosion' in the region

Abbas urges Palestinians to protect Al-Aqsa by 'all means'
edit on 18-10-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Someone has an agenda. Will the settlers as Agents Provocateurs cause the armies to surround Jerusalem and fulfill the prophecy of the New Testament? Interesting times as we watch it all play out.

edit on 18-10-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
He's not doing Palestine any favours by enciting this sort of behaviour...

It's like he wants more of his people massacred!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Al-Aqsa is the third holiest site for Muslims

For the Jews it's singularly the holiest site. The Israeli's keep it a free place to worship for all 3 Abrahamic religions, I doubt Islam would allow the same freedom of worship.

Nuff said

Cody

edit on 18/10/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Paint all 1.6billion together...

My local Mosque allows anyone to enter...

Nuff said!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Israel are in breach of United Nations Security Council Resolutions once again

What exactly are Palestinians supposed to do?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
He's not doing Palestine any favours by enciting this sort of behaviour...

It's like he wants more of his people massacred!

Abbas stated that the holy site was being desecrated by settlers and that a continued Palestinian presence is required there to protect it.

Should he just let the settlers desecrate the Mosque ?

Palestinians "must be present at the Al-Aqsa Mosque," he said. "We must stop them (the settlers) from entering by any means possible. This is our mosque and they have no right to enter it and defile it."

The Palestinian president called for actions to replace words in regards to Jerusalem. "Al Quds," said Abbas, referring to Jerusalem by its Arabic name, "has a special place in the heart of every Palestinian, of every Arab, be they Muslim or Christian, Al Quds is the jewel in the crown and the eternal capital of the Palestinian people, and without which there will be no state."

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Al-Aqsa is the third holiest site for Muslims

For the Jews it's singularly the holiest site. The Israeli's keep it a free place to worship for all 3 Abrahamic religions, I doubt Islam would allow the same freedom of worship.

Nuff said

Cody

Many rabbis, including Israel's chief rabbinate since 1967, have ruled that Jews should not walk on the Temple Mount due to the possibility of their stepping on the site of the Holy of Holies.[81] Israeli governmental restrictions only forbid Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount, but allow Jews as well as other non-Muslims to visit for certain hours on certain days in the week. Several rabbis and Zionist leaders have demanded the right of Jews to pray at the site on Jewish holidays.[82] Although the Israeli Supreme Court has supported individual (as opposed to group) prayer, in practice Israeli police bar a Jew from praying "in any overt manner whatsoever on the Temple Mount, even if he is just moving his lips in prayer."[83]

Al-Aqsa

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Should people be killing over a building hence losing more children...

I'm sure Abbas & his seed are safe from the Airstrikes...

If an israeli dies you know as well as I do what will happen...
Why encite that?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Here we go again,

Guys please understand that I respect your opinions very much, and Charlie my apologies if that's the way it came across, my bad, I have lived there.

Your Mosque may well do, if drive 10 minutes to Luton and try to enter a Mosque I'd be in fear of my life. I guess it's personal experience.

Cody

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Should people be killing over a building hence losing more children...

I'm sure Abbas & his seed are safe from the Airstrikes...

If an israeli dies you know as well as I do what will happen...
Why encite that?

Brother, with all due respect this is NOT just a building.

Muslims believe that Muhammad was transported from the Sacred Mosque in Mecca to al-Aqsa during the Night Journey.

Wether or not, the Zionist plan is to destroy Al-Aqsa.
Wether or not, the Zionists WANT to kill Palestinians and take over Jerusalem.

I for one understand why Palestinians should defend Al-Aqsa.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow, again so much killing and/or hate over conflicting religious faith...it's pathetic and tragic.
Perhaps it will stop one day when the brainwashed Sunni/Shi'ite Muslims, Jews, and Christians all accept that they have as little evidence to support their various fairytales as each other.
I live in hope.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm aware of its historical and social value...

My point is why encite this?

If people decide to do it themselves fair enough...

But for a "respected leader" to push people to that is tantamount to assisted suicide!

Israel shot and killed a little boy just yesterday...
Their itchy trigger fingers will welcome such a statement from Abbas...

That's not helping Palestinians that's aiding the enemy!
edit on 18-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Do not fight against them near the Holy Mosque...
Unless they fight against you...
& if they fight against you, kill them...
For that is the reward of such unbelievers!!!

The Quran is clear...

Do not encite violence!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I'm aware of its historical and social value...

My point is why endure this?

If people decide to do it themselves fair enough...

But for a "respected leader" to push people to that is tantamount to assisted suicide!

Israel shot and killed a little boy just yesterday...
Their itchy trigger fingers will welcome such a statement from Abbas...

That's not helping Palestinians that's aiding the enemy!

Ok.
I guess they should just shut up and submit to the Zionist.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
That's far from what I said!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Do not fight against them near the Holy Mosque...
Unless they fight against you...
& if they fight against you, kill them...
For that is the reward of such unbelievers!!!

The Quran is clear...

Do not encite violence!

Seems you have a better grasp of Islam than samsamm, would that the rest of the world did as well. My wife taught in a Muslim school (Ultra religious, the kids amazed me, when she suggested making a Christmas charity box competition, one of the kids voiced her objections, she was slapped down immediately by the rest of the class, with the answer "Charity is one of the pillars of Islam")

Please don't think I have a downer on Islam.................I don't............Just extremists, and those that perpetuate ignorance.

Cody

ETA: Whilst my posts here may seem contradictory, I have high hopes for the kids, the late teenagers to early 20's are lost to us, real ISIS bait. Just wanted to clarify that.
edit on 18/10/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Israel are in breach of United Nations Security Council Resolutions once again

What exactly are Palestinians supposed to do?

Israel rightfully ignores the United Nations Security Council as does Russia and the United States...Israel is a sovereign nation and the U.N. has zero authority over it...Besides, resolutions are meaningless...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Im sorry but i seem to remember a undercover video shot of that temple one time. for a site they consider sacred they sure do nto treat it so. PLaying soccer on the grounds for one. ANd even trashing the place during a few riots at times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join