It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS stop isis convoy with 2 bullets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Maybe your not getting it.

Over the last 100 years all of the wars in the Middle East haven't worked to stop this kind of violence. Going in there and killing everyone isn't going to stop the violence. Period.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Actually its more like around 1100 years but hey who's counting!

If the point you are attempting to illustrate is that war cannot triumph over terrorism in the middle east that's fine but it's not like you are suggesting any other alternative other than leaving them alone, which is not going to happen. So kindly crap or get of the pot please.

edit on 18-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: HardCorps

And they are already extracting and killing targets, it's just not publicized.

your right about that...Black/Knight was the group involved in the failed rescue attempt of the American hostage a couple months back. if I were to make a guess I'd say TF 88 has guys painting targets (laser) for all those US and British air strikes.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Well obviously your suggesting we go In there and , "blow all them to hell!"

I'm pointing out the fact that we just spent ten years of that not working and almost went bankrupt as a nation doing so.

I, suggesting we explore alternative options. No I don't have an answer but you better believe I'm willing to explore other options.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's times like this that I burst with pride when I hear about our lads (the SAS) doing what they do best. When I was in the Army, I wanted nothing more to be good enough for the SAS, but I wasn't anywhere close to being a suitable candidate.

When it comes to getting the job done the SAS are second to none and always will be IMHO.

Rev

edit on 18/10/2014 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Of course. They specialize in extraction and data collection. And of course taking out targets.

Who do they think is collecting all the intelligence? Guys out of college? No way, it's army Sf, SEALS, and other special operations units that nobody k ows exist on the ground blending into the culture and observing as forward units.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I can see you suggest we explore alternative options, but its not like you are telling us what those other options are or how they would function with regards to ISIS destruction.

Your just simply stating the obvious that war in the middle east does not stop or retard terrorism. If I may ask how would you fix the situation?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Honestly I just don't know enough about these people to really know.

I just want to point out that war isn't and hasn't been working. I'm definately open to suggestion, hopefully we can change the political conversation from the beating of war drums to creatively exploring alternative options.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

that entire region is coming unraveled... Lebanon is in it now so is Hezbollah
but Hezbollah fighters have sided with Syrian President Bashar Assad... so there no friends of ours and I think Israel would be a tad pissed if we start providing Hezbollah with air support, don't you?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well. I definately think we're willing to use ISIS as an excuse to bomb Syrian targets.

Seems like it doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They cut the heads of aid workers and claim its done in the name of Allah, what else do you need to know?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

They cut the heads of aid workers and claim its done in the name of Allah, what else do you need to know?

That's a gross oversimplification of what's happening in the Middle East.

This kind of violence is nothing new. Having 100,000 troops going door to door for ten years didn't work the last few times major super powers have tried it. Let's not do it again.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"That's a gross oversimplification of what's happening in the Middle East."

Tell that to the poor victims family and friends!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The only thing all these different factions have in common...
is they hate each other as much as they hate us...

I did 2 tours in the sandbox... if they want to fight over I...t I say let em kill each other...
but realistically speaking I do not see how we cannot have boots on the ground over there... maybe not as front line troops but as advisors...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I bet you've seen worse then what we see in the media from other groups over there and you'll agree with me when I say that this is nothing new, it's just a new label. And a new boogie man.

And thanks for adding perspective.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Who cuts the heads off aid workers and have you any proof other than some videos and and a few pics of "someone" committing these atrocities. it's not all black and white.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

The only thing all these different factions have in common...
is they hate each other as much as they hate us...

I did 2 tours in the sandbox... if they want to fight over I...t I say let em kill each other...
but realistically speaking I do not see how we cannot have boots on the ground over there... maybe not as front line troops but as advisors...

Advise them on what...how not to win a war.?

link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Who cuts the heads off aid workers and have you any proof other than some videos and and a few pics of "someone" committing these atrocities. it's not all black and white.

The Saudis do this regularly I guess we should go into Saudi and arrest the regime right?

Oh their our allies I forgot.

link   

You know what else people need to know? That no matter how good you are with a blade, beheading someone is normally something that takes many strokes. Now imagine you're there, on your knees, thinking that this is just going to be another fake execution like the 10's of fake executions that you've already been through and then they start to hack at your neck with a blade to decapitate you. Now think for a moment about the pain, horror and confusion you'd go through as they are hacking away at you and ask yourself:

"What do these animals deserve in return?"

I know it's not very Christian of me, but ISIS is filled with scum that do not deserve the gift of life and they will never be anything else because their twisted view of their faith is what drives them to perform their heinous acts. My only regret is that I am no longer fit for military service, or I'd be going out there to volunteer with those Dutch bikers!

Rev

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

War sure can work. Stopped the Nazis. But that meant wiping out the Nazi men folk and totally subjucating their women folk by having them raped. One step further was the re education of the children and that meant US/British troops to stay the course, indeed they are still there today in Germany. Only total war can eliminate an idea

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join