It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grey Alien eyes and Brain physiology.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I decided to make this thread yesterday after watching a Science vídeo on vision of human eyes I saw some interesting info on how eyes actually worked. That info also gave me an idea not only how humans could have better vision but how the so famous alien Grey vision worked. Let’ not take longer:

SummarY: If you are lazy to read, The greys in terms of evolutionary process, are much more complex and better than humans.

The eyes

The eyes on an animal first appeared on the Nemathelminthes, as a form of capting the refraction of light trough special designed photosynthetic cells called rods. If the aliens possess Eyes this means that the place where they come from possess a star very simillar to Earth. Not necessarily a bright star trough.

The eyes work by capting light on the rentina and sending the information torugh the brain. Whomever the eyes work just like a camera. The more potent camera the better you can actually see. We can see this on the athropods . But why booth have bigger eyes. Well, it'`s really simple, to detect food. Insects need bigger eyes to hunt and protect themselfs. There's a number of reasons to so, one of them is because during their growth they are vunerable.

This makes sense with the Grey aliens, they seem to be very fragile.

Some insects evolved to possess thousands more rod cells than humans do. That caused their eyes to grow larger, in a human being, rod cells like of an insect would look something like this:

Grey alien eyes

Reminds you of something? Yep, but what this actually means? It means that in evolutionary terms, Greys are more superior than humans. Possessing eyes that large would make them able to see objects miles away with no blur on the image processed by the brain, and also give them the ability see the tiniest particles around them, spoting mosquitoes was never a problem to them.

The Brain
The Brain on the Greys wouldn’t make sense if included an arthropod morphology on it, because they would be completely dumb. A larger brain doesn’t mean more intelligence on any animal. But instead more functions for the body to do. What this means? Like the increased eyes, it would mean that every part of the grey body is way more complex an advanced than our own, possessing much more functionalities and capabilities. So in order to the body to be able to do those functions it would require a bigger brain.

This process was observed when the animals started to evolve. A nervous system turned animals to become more complex. Thanks to a nervous system animals like the sea star are able to walk, worms are able to feel pain and escape from danger and allowed humans became humans.

The brain size like I said wouldn’t necessarily mean that the Greys would be smarter. The brain is the equivalent of the processor of our brain, the bigger and more powerful more complex functions the computer is able to do. This is no different from the human brain, which possess many dedicated brain areas just to do many of these functions: Dreaming, motion capture, organs information, center of motion etc . etc

That comes with consequences trough. The ability of a brain/computer to make more functions and complex ones would increase a lot the chances of some problem happening, you can observe that on nowdays computers, how many times you had problems with some program not running properly?. Therefore, Grey organs are more suggestive to have problems. It’s a shame we don’t have their technology.

Anyway, their brains are bigger; in consequence they are probably smarter. I would say they are smart as humans, since they never proven really to have a genius level intellect to win easily on dialogues against people.

Reproduction

We can't really know how that even works. They don't have genintalia like most of animals. Even worms have visible genintals. So my bet is that they similar to serpulids in that manner. That we knos is that they posses the alternace of generation, making possible to have a genetic variability, otherwise they would be doomed to extinction just like bananas are today.

By giving away gamets trough an invisible structure, just like the serpulids, to other Grey (this would make them to have femeales and males) they could generate a zygote which would later become another Grey of any sex.

What about the other body parts? Outside the arms, lex and torax, we can'`t really know how the rest of their body worked.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Frocharocha because: details and grammar

edit on 18-10-2014 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2014 by Frocharocha because: Grammar errors.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well done! Very interesting indeed.

I've often wondered about the eyes and why they would be so large. The insect relation makes sense.

Their star not being as bright as ours has also been a thought of mine. One thing I've always wondered is if that is the case, wouldn't they be mostly blinded by the light of our star on our planet? I wonder if that is why they are often depicted with pitch black eyes.. Perhaps that is not natural. Maybe their eyes really look like large versions of our own, and the black is just a type of "contract lense" to shelf them from the brightness.. Much like our sunglasses.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pathology

I've often wondered about the eyes and why they would be so large. The insect relation makes sense.

Their star not being as bright as ours has also been a thought of mine. One thing I've always wondered is if that is the case, wouldn't they be mostly blinded by the light of our star on our planet? I wonder if that is why they are often depicted with pitch black eyes.. Perhaps that is not natural. Maybe their eyes really look like large versions of our own, and the black is just a type of "contract lense" to shelf them from the brightness.. Much like our sunglasses.

Black eyes like those would abosrb even more light, because black doesn't refract light, so instead absorbs it. Their eyes would be very hot, in a brigh sun, their eyes should be burning.

There's that possibility as well, but if evolution is a thing, either their eyes should be ridiculous small since a bright sun would make the refraction of the light to be way better, so they wouldn't need to have teyes that big to see stuff, or they posses very feel rods and multiple protection layers like glass . I don't think it matters the color eyes on insects. But with eyes that big, they would have a super vision.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am thinking that generally, since they are thought to have larger brains than humans, it does kind of make sense that they too, would have larger eyes. I am also thinking maybe with these larger eyes one thing they can do that we cannot, is to distinguish the different types, bands, if you will, of light, and maybe even more abilities they have, with these larger eyes, than we do.
edit on 18pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Maybe the black eyes aren't their eyes. They could be eye protection and possibly a type of heads-up display relaying data.
I have heard a woman who believed she was an abductee claim to have ripped one off to reveal a more "normal" looking eye.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

Humans are the body of GOD and the greys are the brain cells.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Evolving to have large eyes to see far away just doesn't make sense to me. You would want to see far away to hunt, but the rest of their body and descriptions of their movements does not go along with that. They don't have wings and they aren't super fast, so what good would it do them to see farther away? By the time they got there the food would be gone. Unless they use ships to fly there and they hover in them and spot their prey, but if you can create technology to do that, then you wouldn't need to physically evolve to see far away - you could just create technology that allows you to see far away.

Now, large eyes to see in the dark, may make sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Maybe the black eyes aren't their eyes. They could be eye protection and possibly a type of heads-up display relaying data.
I have heard a woman who believed she was an abductee claim to have ripped one off to reveal a more "normal" looking eye.

Well there'`s tons of possibilities, but if they don't fused themself with technology or were born like you suggest, Arthopds eyes are the closest to what they got

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The puzzling things about these little grey aliens are:

1) Their tiny necks seem far too fragile to sustain their heads.
2) They appear to choose not to wear clothing
3) Not only is our atmosphere no problem to them but also our gravity (see point 1)
4) No one has ever proven they exist beyond anecdotal evidence.

So it would seem that (if they really exist and interact with humans) then they are probably some kind of artificial creature. In which case the large eyes may well not even be eyes but something else entirely.

edit on 18/10/14 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The problem with your analysis is that it is based on street-myth. That's where the usual description of Zeta Reticulans comes from.

There is however one single nearly reliable description, that of Betty Hill, one of the very few cases where a reasonable statistical probability of being true can be established.

Anyway her description: "The men stood about five feet to five feet four inches tall, and wore matching uniforms, with caps similar to those worn by military cadets. They appeared nearly human, but with bald heads, large wraparound eyes, small ears and almost absent noses. Their skin was a greyish color."

The idea of an enlarged head are not quite true, although, IF they did, it would probably be more like the differences between a small child and an adult Terrestrial Human.

Zeta 2 Reticuli; the home star for the "Gray Aliens" is a virtual twin for Sol, thus much of Zeta Reticulan evolution could be very much like here On Earth, and certainly no apparent reason to have larger eyes. Zeta 1, and 2 Reticuli are both "G" class stars like Sol.

The "wrap around" eyes are more likely a technological appliance to assist in information gathering, display, and understanding.

Betty Hill seemed to think that these "Grays" were dressed in some sort of uniform, much more likely than them being nude. Thus any assumption of genitalia would be pure speculation, further probability would suggest something quite familiar.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pathology

Their star not being as bright as ours has also been a thought of mine.

Zeta 2 Reticuli is slightly brighter than Sol, Zeta 1 Reticuli is slightly less bright. In both cases the difference is very small.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
The puzzling things about these little grey aliens are:

1) Their tiny necks seem far too fragile to sustain their heads.

It's just all about the spinal column which most likely has another anatomy and constitution than ours.

As for the big eyes: long deep space missions ftw

As for the tiny size: Exposed long time in low gravity or their home planet is low grav....

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
No genitalia, unlucky.

Saying that, they are not exactly pin up material.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatpastyhead
No genitalia, unlucky.

That's because they seem to be just a copy from a copy. That's why they need to refresh their genome and abduct people!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have thought about their eyes as well.

As I read tales of abductions it goes without saying that the greys utilize their eyes as a tool. They stare in your in eyes to implant memories or make you see visions. My assumption would be they have the ability to access your neural pathways via the optic nerve with said black eyes.

Also, the greys have been reported to be very interested in our souls. There is old wives tale that if you stare into a black mirror long enough, you will begin to see your past lives. I always wondered if this did not have an association with the big black eyes as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
they look like they have supervision
maybe they see a lot more than humans
maybe they can see in the dark, see auras energy currents etc
some of the bugs I've seen posted online have six and eight eyes looking in multiple directions

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have always thought the greys were a "manufactured" life form. Maybe part plant part flesh and blood. Think about it for a moment. Just like we send out robots to other planets. Civilization 1,000's of years or 100 times that are so advanced they can create life, the greys. They are small so small crafts. They can send out 1,00's of them all over the galaxy and the creators stay at home sipping their favorite beverage watching reruns of I love Lucy they are picking up from our past broadcasts.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

various types of greys have been described
some alien good guys, some robotic intermediaries, some false memory implants, some are alien hoaxes
some work for the management
some want their own tv program

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
There are many reasons for having large eyes.

The key is usually genetic advantage. There is an offset however - the more visual information, the more brainpower used to process it. Reasons range from lower levels of lighting and needing larger eyes to capture more data, to envinronment, proximity and distance, to environment, predators and threats, flora and fauna and spectrums commonly used.

If 50% or more of the vegetation here was lethal, and we could only tell the difference by picking up on UV, Infrared too, you'd find our eyes in many cases would have adjusted. Those picking up those bands more readily would have had a genetic advantage over countless generations, honing the trait.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
First of all the greys little necks. They make great handles. See what you do is when you wake up on that table on the grey spaceship is you immediately grab the nearest one by his neck, and start swinging it around like a sasquatch confusing stephen hawkings for a pair of nunchuks. You see, the wide base of their head prevents slippage when you swing one around by it's neck as a weapon to beat off other greys. Also, the skinny ankles make the behind the back and under arm catch (nunchuku techniues) easier.

As for them being naked or clothed. They are naked. Damn reticulan degenerates. Every other alien that abducts me wears clothes but not these greys. Every other alien that abducts me wants to talk about philosophy and the prevention of cataclysmic world events caused by human misdoings. They greys..they just wanna stick things up my bum. Frick'n pervs!

As for the greys eyes. Lets look at this in a more serious light in the terms of a good psyop. If one were to use the grey meme as a psychological manipulation device I would go with large black emotionless eyes too. See humans are largely predatory in nature. We hunt things. Things that hunt things don't like eyes looking back at them. It makes them feel insecure. Hunters like to be the ones doing the watching not the other way around. They don't like to be seen. It's a subconscious thing in our psychology. What do animals do to protect themselves from predators. They have large images of fake eyes on their body to throw the predator off and make it feel uneasy. This tactic also works on people.

But seriously, look at large eyes from a hypnotic stand point. A good hypnotist or psychological manipulator will need a good trigger. Creepy eyes stowed away in the subconscious will work wonders as a visual trigger to something with the psychology of a human. Want to freak a human out. Have something with big assed eyes stare back at it. We don't like it. It threatens us and makes us fearful and uncertain. Especially when the eyes are black and lifeless and don't convey emotion or more importantly intent. Great way to control us when interacting with us. Great way to leave a lingering respect or fear in us of them. So as a psychological ploy it works well. Also if you want someone to ingrain the incident into their subconscious, large eyes, to a predator/hunter would be a striking aspect and the memory would probably be stowed away in the subconscious easily.

Maybe thats all the greys are. All in our heads and a psychological trigger generated by some manipulative individual/s to illicit a specific programming or response. Or worse to bury trauma into the subconscious and replace the actual events with some ficticious grey. The person won't remember the people doing this to them it's in their subconscious. If they do remember anything it's a grey. The image of the grey plays on our psychological fears and helps to further bury the memory into the subconscious helping to further ingrain that manipulative response or programming.

Electromagnetic waves when tuned right and in the right power levels will cause humans to see small grey little people with no distinguishing features. People who volunteer for experiments when they blast the brain with certain frequencies of electromagnetic energy all see small grey people with no distinguishing features like faces or what not. It's just something our brains think they see when they are subjected to those certain EM frequencies. Why not utilize this phenomena and also add a little bit of the large eyes thing as a subconscious trigger and you have your self a useful tool to f with people.

Just some food for thought.
edit on 2-1-2015 by BASSPLYR because: I spel baddedly

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join