It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do i upgrade my android?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
i just bought a tablet last night. mine has jelly bean on it but the one my wife got has kit kat.

i was just reading about android on wiki and it said you can upgrade to the newest version right from the tablet.
i pulled up an article and it said you can do it by going to settings---->update

i dont have that option though. i have the option to backup and restore but not the update.

the article also sad i can do it through the manufacturer website but i couldnt.

its an asus memo pad 7
model k01a(me70c)

thank you

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

you should be able to find it in your settings usually at the bottom

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Settings -> about device -> software update

Make sure you're on wifi
edit on 18/10/14 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AzureSky

Dont have that option. It says system update and it says it is up to dte.
Should i even bother doing it if i figure it out?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Honestly, not really. The difference between the two versions of android is minimal. If you really wanted to you could force the update, i think you need to root it and such.

Very few differences in the operating systems. Not really worth update. I personally like to root my devices and upload custom OS roms, thats just me though

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I dont want to go that far. I will just leave it. Im content eith it how it is.
Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Actually, Kit Kat is much faster and more efficient than Jell Bean. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Looks like the only way at this time to get Kit Kat on there is to Root and Custom ROM it. I would suggest learning how to do it and go for it. It will run much smoother and faster with Kit Kat.

If you do a quick Google search on Kit Kat optimizations, you'll see that it's been optimized to run fast and smooth on devices all the way down to 512 MB of RAM now.

Very noticeable difference on my phone when I upgraded to Kit Kat from Jellybean.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Root it and put whatever you want on it.

www.xda-developers.com...

Have fun, be careful. =]

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It says system update and it says it is up to dte

All updates are not equal , different device makes get updated at different times and others don't get updated at all , the only way to find out is search to find if there's an upgrade in the works for your devices OS.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Using the over the air update is only if the device manufacturer provides an update to the newest operating system. If yours says up to date then rooting and a custom Rom is your only option. I've been hoping for an update to kit-kat for my phone but no money for LG that way, they want you to buy new devices. Rooting is not difficult anymore, and Your options for customization are limitless once rooted. But don't expect warranty service with a custom Rom. You'll have to reinstall the stock Rom for warranty purposes. There are many awesome custom roms available tho. Just remember to make a backup copy of your stock Rom in case you need to get warranty service, if you decide to root.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The ultimate upgrading process of an android is simple. Toss it in the trash.

I like the old operating systems better, can you tell?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The reason your wife got KitKat and your device says that its up to date could be because your wife's is newer and has the Intel atom processor,your has the mediatek one from last year.
I have the mediatek processor version and like you am up to date with jellybean on the update section.
Sure I read somewhere that the Intel atom processor memo pad gets KitKat and metiatek ones don't.

new topics

top topics

join