It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would someone support Gay Rights if they are not gay?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
First because it is the right thing to do. This is a country founded on freedom. Ok so in the beginning freedom was only white males, and granted these days we could question if any of us are really free, those are topics for other threads. The law needs to be inclusive, period.

Second because their child was gay. My son was gay. He is now deceased, but I loved him no matter what. He was a brilliant Meteorologist for NOAA, kind and good to everyone.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

How about just because you believe in EQUAL Rights. Same Rights for everyone, period. There's no such thing as Gay Rights, only Equal Rights.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Well said my friend.

We should all celebrate our differences rather than condemn.

I have seen love in many places and it is wonderful and potent no matter the orientation.

I am saddened that you lost your son.

P

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You are right, sorry. Equal Rights. I felt 'Equal Rights' might be confusing, as it could have multiple meanings. I meant no offense.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thank you Dear Heart. You are very kind. I agree viva la difference, makes for a fun world.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Please accept my sincerest condolences on your profound loss. He is in a better place now.

In terms of equal rights, it does not mean making exceptions. We have all had to deal with that, whether we are gay or not, a bigot or not. Even though we might not be adherents of that lifestyle, at some point people have to grow up and realize that gender identification is not a viable tool with which to measure someone's value and character.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
a reply to: mOjOm

You are right, sorry. Equal Rights. I felt 'Equal Rights' might be confusing, as it could have multiple meanings. I meant no offense.

No problem. Everyone has their own choice of words. I've always felt that using the Term Equal Rights is more accurate and nobody can argue about it being agenda driven. Plus it's honest and it gets right to the root of the issue that everyone understands.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Well said. Excluding or discriminating against someone for any reason shows ignorance.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I believe that the only fit judge for the hearts and souls of all mankind, is God. Therefore, until each of us goes to meet him, we must each of us be free to exercise our free will as we see fit, unmolested by others, save for where the law of mankind has been broken.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I genuinely believe that the earth controls her environment and that when a species grows too big she produces the homosexual gene to stop this process. It happens in the animal kingdon and plant world so why should we be surprised that it happens in man's world?

I do believe though that the church has a terrible, wicked record for how it educates - and remember who runs the schools in many countries - for the lies and hate it generates towards gays albeit it likely has more gays hiding within its realms than any other institution; gay men don't produce the next generation of its followers though.

I don't see how any decent human can turn their back on a gay who didn't ask to be that way when they were born. I do however, deplore some of their private acts - however they are private and don't hit the headlines as being carried out in the middle of the street.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I deplore some of the acts heterosexual perform in private, lol.

I disagree about the population thing, where it was admitted, I believe 10 to 12 percent of the population were homosexual. God does not need to muck about in one's sexual preference to depopulate the world. Historically he favors showey dramatic nature moves. ;-)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Because we live together with all people ... and we all want the same.
Spread the love

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Blacks deserve equality, yet I'm not black.
I don't understand your confusion.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

So sorry for your loss.

If it's any comfort, most Americans DO want truly equal rights... it's a handful of a powerful few that goes against the will of the people. Someday soon, it will happen.
edit on 10/18/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I totally support gay marriage...they should be just as miserable as the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Because gay rights are really human rights and that pretty much encompasses all of us. Pretty much...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Maybe we should support ALL humans, because we are all family.
If we judged only ourselves, we might just find the Garden of Eden.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

One of my best friends, had been waiting almost 15 years to marry his partner. Last week, they were finally able to get married. I am super happy for them on one hand, and on the other I am furious that they had to wait so long in the first place to be allowed to legally commit to each other.

PS. I really really really really love your avatar.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Why would someone support Gay Rights if they are not gay?

Well, according to Tom Horne, Attorney General for the state of Arizona, it's because it's the easiest path to take at this point. The 9th circuit court of appeals had stated that a ban on same sex marriages was unconstitutional. If Tom Horne were to appeal that decision, he would be appealing it to the same court. "An exercise in futility" is what he called an appeal against it, so he went and gave the green light and directed county clerks to start issuing licences yesterday.

reviewtimes.com...

ktar.com...

C'mon ATS, this happened about 20 hours ago and no one started a thread about it ?

You're slacking.

edit on 18-10-2014 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
for me, it's as easy as: who cares?
what i mean by that is, homosexuality has no impact on my life. it's not about me at all. i don't particularly like the idea of seeing gays or lesbians during their PDAs but guess what, nobody is forcing me to watch.
let people be people and be happy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join