It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallucinogenic Plants May Be Key to Decoding Ancient Southwestern Paintings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

read my above post

but it has been my experience that most people drink and do drugs for pleasure
edit on 123131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

www.ancestral.com...

edit on 123131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am reminded of the story of the anthropologist visiting a village in south America, noting the bowl of water at the doorstep of each hut, then pondered the spiritual connotations, eventually one asked the natives what it was for, one replied it was the dog bowl.

Sometimes it is just the dog bowl.

I bet our ancestor would have a great laugh at us.

They weren't know as tricksters for nothing.
edit on 013131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

read my above post

but it has been my experience that most people drink and do drugs for pleasure

www.ancestral.com...

Anone with real experience knows that what may start out as recreation /pleasure intent can morph and change into a profound mystical experience. It's complex and influenced by factors including the paranormal unconscious . What our primitive senses perceive as reality is just an illusion, projected on a screen of ignorance! !

We have been so conditioned and brainwashed into a conventional view of reality by controlling forces that our "reality" is in fact unreal.
Some plants and substances allow the human mind to lift the veil, look behind the curtain and for a fleeting moment, see the face of GOD.

edit on 19-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 131415
So you have people in antiquity - all over the world - that aren't in contact with each other. Drawing the same things.

1. They either all took the same drug (do they only grow locally?) do they all have the exact same visual experience?

or

2. They are all actually witnessing the same phenomena and depicting it.

Its very clear to me that the whole "Spirit Drug/'___'" campaign is being intentionally forced into the public consciousness to misdirect. Its a clever op.

We have records from the ancients. You can read them. Do they talk about these practises?

Joe Rogan
Graham Hancock
Terrence McKenna
Alan Watts

Something stinks

Well some of the things drawn are simple geometric patterns that can trace how people experimented with regular repeating patterns, mathematics, representing information and the formation of alphabets - often children can be observed experimenting with similar patterns when learning to draw.

As for the indistinct/hazy and halo'd figures (etc), well hallucinogens can produce such visual effects quite easily.

And yes, the same substances do in fact grow in many geographically distinct areas, be that in similar, or entirely different plants.

The big C can be obtained in Africa from a non- coca source, psilocin and psilocybin grow in many varieties of shroom, the one that begins in a D and ends in MT can be brewed from a variety of barks and roots, and the MAOI's that further enhance it can come from numerous sources. Etc, etc.

There are some pretty old accounts of the use of plants to reach odd states, the Vedas being a prime example.

So yes, hallucinatory pictures, meetings with entities from the spirit world etc.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla
I believe that fractals are part of every aspect of living things. Look at plants and trees leafs and flowers, you will see that we all grow following unseen energy and matter patterns, its beautiful to behold.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo
Psychedelics let us exist in the fringe of such things and feel the chaos inside the order

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here is a good paper on phsyechedelics and the religious experience...

www.academia.edu...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have made several threads covering the topics of how plants are stargate and how people are animals. The majority of people have never really tripped. To truely get there it takes a trinity of substances. The key in talking with ancestors for natives was in the clothes they wore and what they lived in. (former animals that were also tied spiritually to fprmer people) We can take a substance and begin a trip but alone we will never get to completion unless we break the code of space time/ I have but it is not something i can share. These plants were a tool for them and once the trinity is completed one does not even have to ingest to make the kourney. The problem is that some destinations want you dead and opening the door allows you to physically touch them but they can touch you too. Have you ever wondered why some can be touched by something from the other sdie and others can not? Perhaps your clothes could have something to do with that. I have a wordrobe that is set aside for tripping purposes only.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I have a wordrobe that is set aside for tripping purposes only.

We
Need
Pics

Please xxx

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Just start looking at some of the better pics and descriptions of shadow people and see if you can find any commonalities from the more detailed accounts. There is a recent thread about them within the last coulpe weeks. I know it is bs for me to come close but not say. However it is up to the spirit if you figure it out. Afterall serious danger can easily be found. In the end all of our clothing and such generally comes from plants or animules but for some strange reason even that has changed. I bet they do not sell the items at walmart for good reason. In the end it all boils down to chemicals being something like an address. as for what my get up looks like i would say clint eastwood smoking that cigar in one movie is close. we don't need no stinking badges. others may say the resemblence is too thinman lol
edit on 19-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Bybyots

Form Constants

A form constant is one of several geometric patterns which are recurringly observed during hallucinations and altered states of consciousness.

[Klüver’s] analysis of hallucinatory phenomena appearing chiefly during the first stages of mescaline intoxication yielded the following form constants: [emphasis original] (a) grating, lattice, fretwork, filigree, honeycomb, or chessboard; (b) cobweb; (c) tunnel, funnel, alley, cone or vessel; (d) spirals
S

Did you folks know that it is thought by some that the patterns found in Persian rugs originated in the minds of those under the influence of Syrian rue?

No way.

I still wonder why mankind needs these substances, what is it about us?

Syrian rue seed contains a monoamine inhibitor. If ingested in conjunction with any of many plants that contain dimethyl tryptamine you will be on a psychedelic ride. Syrian rue by itself won't do much except elevate your blood pressure if mixed with foods high in tyramine...coffee, chocolate, smoked meat, fermented beverages, aged cheeses.
Don't knock it unless you have tried it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Well some of the things drawn are simple geometric patterns that can trace how people experimented with regular repeating patterns, mathematics, representing information and the formation of alphabets - often children can be observed experimenting with similar patterns when learning to draw.

As for the indistinct/hazy and halo'd figures (etc), well hallucinogens can produce such visual effects quite easily.

And yes, the same substances do in fact grow in many geographically distinct areas, be that in similar, or entirely different plants.

The big C can be obtained in Africa from a non- coca source, psilocin and psilocybin grow in many varieties of shroom, the one that begins in a D and ends in MT can be brewed from a variety of barks and roots, and the MAOI's that further enhance it can come from numerous sources. Etc, etc.

There are some pretty old accounts of the use of plants to reach odd states, the Vedas being a prime example.

So yes, hallucinatory pictures, meetings with entities from the spirit world etc.

I get what your saying. And its entirely possible. If were talking 40-50k I'm quite confident that our ancient ancestors had more important things to deal with than getting high. Survival being the most important. The world as we know it today simply did not exist back then. It was wrought with calamity. And danger around every turn.

All of the rock art from ancient times are always found at high elevations - with a clear view of the southern horizon.

Its a super dangerous place - I'll climb this mountain and get high doesn't exactly make a ton of sense to me.

Forget the psychedelics and aliens as explanations to what ancient man was depicting.

edit on 19-10-2014 by 131415 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 131415

All of the rock art from ancient times are always found at high elevations - with a clear view of the southern horizon.

That is not at all an accurate statement, many examples are deep in caves or at bottom of deep canyons or under cliff over hangs. Many places with no sight of the sky.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
There was this cult here, I dont know if it is still around, it was called the Church of the Universe if I remember right, and they charged money to be a member but promoted it one day and I went to see what they were about.

They claimed they were all about this exact topic, getting closer to God, using drugs and exposing the government conspiracy to keep people away from the spirit world, etc.

It was nothing like that. It was a bunch of retards taking drugs and making money. Old hippies, heroin junkies, potheads and teens, using religion as an excuse to get high...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Likewise. What I find interesting in his books is the early usage of different combinations of psychedelic drugs to achieve a certain "shift " or increased "vibration" of awareness which allowed them to do physically impossible things and become aware of other entities and creatures that occupy the same space as us yet are unseen unless one can set their level of vibration the same. Don Juan's ability to strike Castaneda between the shoulder blades to trigger the same affect without the drugs was compellingly interesting too. Having read theories on dimensional beings "vibrating" on a faster molecular rate than us I've pondered the idea that they were able to change their inner vibration to allow them to either pass into the other dimension or see those that pass into ours.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cprnicus

Yes! I think the best aspect of those books was to open our minds to possibilities, that the world we see is not all there is. Exciting stuff. Very helpful for those trying to answer the question, "Is that all there is".

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 131415

I get what your saying. And its entirely possible. If were talking 40-50k I'm quite confident that our ancient ancestors had more important things to deal with than getting high. Survival being the most important. The world as we know it today simply did not exist back then. It was wrought with calamity. And danger around every turn.

Man's entire time was not concentrated on survival, they developed art, religion, language, technology and so forth - this requires on to have time to devote to these things. People banded together in groups, did not always live hand to mouth and had times of plenty as well as privation.

simply not true, Punkinworks has covered this.

Its a super dangerous place - I'll climb this mountain and get high doesn't exactly make a ton of sense to me.

Covered above... besides this they could be depictions from memory of previous experiences.

Forget the psychedelics and aliens as explanations to what ancient man was depicting.

I'm not saying it was *all* psychedelics at all, just humans being humans and developing art for reasons i already touched on.
edit on 20-10-2014 by skalla because: quotes and ting

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: 131415

That is not at all an accurate statement, many examples are deep in caves or at bottom of deep canyons or under cliff over hangs. Many places with no sight of the sky.

Apologies I always make the distinction between Rock Art and Cave Paintings.

- Excerpt from Anthony Peratt, "Characteristics for the Occurrence of a High-Current, Z-Pinch Aurora as recorded in Antiquity," (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Transactions on Plasma Science, 2003)

This self-illuminated visual experience, never seen before on Earth, was recorded in millions of petroglyphs and pictographs (Peratt collected data on 4,000,000 petroglyphs). Many other forms taken by the lines of electrons were carved or painted in large scale on rock cliffs high above ground, and always with a view of the south or south polar regions, and often in a manner which blocked the direct view of the plasmoid, which would have been of startling brilliance -- like looking at arc welding.

An analysis of the locations, points of view, and visual elevations of millions of petroglyphs has allowed reconstruction of the shape of the entity seen beyond the South Pole.

Descriptions of the "Entity" can be found in any/all of:

MesoAmerica -A Survey of the World - Chilam Balam
-The Opposum - Popol Vuh + The Heart of the Sky
-Egypt - 'God Geb' + Nebertcher
-The Ogdoad - Khepera
-Neith of the Arrows
-Sumeria - Dilmun
-Babylon - The Fish Man Oannes
-Basque - Mari the Spinner
-China - The Magic Mountain Islands - Shih Chi
-Japan - Kojiki -- The Record of Ancient Matters
-Greece - Cerberus the guard dog of Hades
Mediterranean- the Phoenix bird on fire
-Scandanvian - Muspelheim - The Younger Edda

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Man's entire time was not concentrated on survival, they developed art, religion, language, technology and so forth - this requires on to have time to devote to these things. People banded together in groups, did not always live hand to mouth and had times of plenty as well as privation.

I'm not saying it was *all* psychedelics at all, just humans being humans and developing art for reasons i already touched on.

I have no illusions as to ancient mans intelligence.

Make no mistake though the world was a very dangerous place. We take so much for granted today. Look at some of the megafaunal species that existed in North America 10-13k ago. Look at the cataclysmic events unfolding during the End of the last Ice Age.

The CIA used "Psychedelics" to derail a legitimate anti-war movement in the 1960's - we call it the Peace/Love Movement. Portraying protestors as freeloading drug addicts with no grasp on economic realities. It succeeded wonderfully.

I see the same thing being used to derail legitimate research into Ancient Man. - Its aliens! They were drug addicts! They didn't know how to draw accurate human begins - they're so stupid!!!

Ultimately regardless of the design inspirations for Rock Art/Cave Paintings - collectively we need to start perceiving ancient man as a legitimate resource for information. Rather than the primitive apes they have been portrayed to be. While we may not understand the context - they are attempting to tell future generations something significant. In many cases to intentionally preserve it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69 You're welcome. I had posted that idea in another thread a while back and actually used the analogy of the waveform as seen on an oscilloscope as an example ( although not a perfect one ) of what I was talking about. When you posted what you did I couldn't help but share the thought although not exactly on topic. I will share with you another idea that has come to me along the same lines. I believe the " New Jerusalem " is essentially the " amplifier " that will be utilized to expand the conscious experience for humanity in the new phase/re-generation.
I had read an article in popular science or popular mechanics ( not sure as it was 15 or more yrs ago). But the article was describing how scientists had discovered a way to alter the speed of light by passing it through a crystal within ( I believe within a vacuum ). Anyway, the crystal was derived from the mineral chrysoprase. I realized that chrysoprase was one of the twelve foundation stones of the "New Jerusalem". I also realized that the Bible said that the city would have no need for the sun or the moon because God would be in the midst of it and would provide the light thereof. When I put the two together I realized that most likely the light from God/Creative light energy passing through the twelve foundation stones would create some fantastic type of effect. Think of twelve segments with a gate in the middle of each segment ( As described in Rev 21 ). Now think of the pure light energy passing through each segment perhaps establishing 12 base frequencies in order to create 12 dimensions/realities. Couple with that the Tree of life which bears 12 manner of fruit one each month and we have 144 different sets of parameters to experince our conscious existence within. Yes that would imply that the fruit from the tree of life may have some reality altering effect ( which is on topic ;-) Kind of makes you look forward to the future and puts a bit of a silver lining to the mess we are in right now doesn't it ? Now if we believe that the frequencies available to work with in that phase are determined by the frequencies developed during this phase ( In an inverted mode) It helps us to understand why so much negative is allowed right now. And I believe that " inversion " is strongly supported in the teachings of Jesus. He often spoke of how the weak will be made strong how the high places will be brought low and there are numerous other similar examples.

Harry
edit on 20-10-2014 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join