It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallucinogenic Plants May Be Key to Decoding Ancient Southwestern Paintings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Haha that made me smile, good stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
a reply to: skunkape23
Beware of self incrimination.
It could bite you in the ass.

I have broken no laws. These were legal molecules at the time of ingestion.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

A bunch of guys staring off into space drooling

You have just described my high school years...Oh to be young again.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Mianeye

Dude, datra grows naturally over the usa. Its really not great its not psychedelic but its a dissociative it is not a pleasant feeling.many people experience heart arythmia, it is deadly even in small quantities, this chemical is a cheap mans high. I cant imagine cave art being drawn by people on datura.maybe by people drawing heir stupid ass friends on datura.

There are 2 'common' varieties of this plant - one grows like a small bush, with flowers that generally point out from the stem. The other grows like a tree, the flowers of which hang down towards the ground.
Historically, in India, the plants' effect was used to 'dutch courage' the individual - go fighting - professional murderers etc were called Daturees because they imbibed of her (the spirit of the plant) before embarking on the task. In the 1970's the plant (the Indian variety) came back into prominence when part Viet man was embroiled in a decade-long series of murders and robberies of tourists...Charles Sobraj is/was his name.

The lore (both Indian & South American) describes the 'spirit' of the plant as a she - who will 'warn' the user of their incompatability with her...

The most potent parts of the plant are the stamen and the root.

Warning!
Eating the stamen will most likely affect optics, turning everything you see monochrome blue for months afterward...

The leaves contain smaller amounts of the active 'drug/poison' that can be smoked, but is not the historically preferred method.

'She' is a wild trickster...and 'she' does not forget you...

Note: the above is not an endorsement - but provided for warning and education.

Å99

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

seeing people at church feeling the music, eyes closed, tears pouring down there cheek and hands in the air well chanting disturbing religious rants reminds me of people at rave parties under the influence of some very potent psychedelics.

Maybe you hardcore Christians and those hardcore trippers have far more in common than you might think.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

which hallucinogenics are you talking about.....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosado you look like that picture,ha . I definitely agree church folk are as scray if not more than those on datura.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

i dont want to get censored, ive heard music can give visuals

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

seeing people at church feeling the music, eyes closed, tears pouring down there cheek and hands in the air well chanting disturbing religious rants reminds me of people at rave parties under the influence of some very potent psychedelics.

Maybe you hardcore Christians and those hardcore trippers have far more in common than you might think.

You mean maybe THOSE as I do not attend church let alone do "lol" disturbing religious chants :-0

But I think you may be right, like the "holy Rollers" they overwhelm their bodies with something hormonal that gets them so high they roll on the floor.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Most people on this site seem to be of the belief that drugs open up some spirit world, which we cant normally perceive, but its really just all in the mind, a psychological effect.

Chemicals effect the brain of course and open up the 'dream centre' and this is where hallucinations come in. The reason why people see their dead relatives and such is because it is one of their desires - the same way we dream of things we desire. In the same way, sometimes our unconscious mind understands things better than the conscious, which doesnt want to face reality - and so dreams can give us 'advice' or 'wisdom' which we dont actively acknowledge.

Psychological experiences only contain what is already in your head - even supposed prophetic dreams are nothing more than cause and effect logic. Prophets get things wrong, you just dont often hear of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

How long till the thread is 404d?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I knew quite a few folks who would wake up naked in the wrong town due to Datura, strangely it's much ignored in the UK despite it's presence..... My psychonauting never included it, I like my bits remaining private.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

I want to thank you for posting an interesting thought to begin my day with.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've found that voices/schiz/gangstalking can be triggered by a combination of drugs and elevated dopamines. The nature of the attacks is based on a persons memory, for example there are similarities
--
Hearing friends/family say abusive things
Government control phrases
Prophetic talk
A.I. interaction
The universe
Aliens
God
Angels
Evil beings
Thoughts heard
Music from another place

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So you have people in antiquity - all over the world - that aren't in contact with each other. Drawing the same things.

1. They either all took the same drug (do they only grow locally?) do they all have the exact same visual experience?

or

2. They are all actually witnessing the same phenomena and depicting it.

Its very clear to me that the whole "Spirit Drug/'___'" campaign is being intentionally forced into the public consciousness to misdirect. Its a clever op.

We have records from the ancients. You can read them. Do they talk about these practises?

Joe Rogan
Graham Hancock
Terrence McKenna
Alan Watts

Something stinks

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 131415

Isn't it a funny and clever ploy?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

The problem with that is, the majority of people don't do mind altering drugs for spiritual reasons

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Form Constants

A form constant is one of several geometric patterns which are recurringly observed during hallucinations and altered states of consciousness.

[Klüver’s] analysis of hallucinatory phenomena appearing chiefly during the first stages of mescaline intoxication yielded the following form constants: [emphasis original] (a) grating, lattice, fretwork, filigree, honeycomb, or chessboard; (b) cobweb; (c) tunnel, funnel, alley, cone or vessel; (d) spiral.

Did you folks know that it is thought by some that the patterns found in Persian rugs originated in the minds of those under the influence of Syrian rue?

No way.

I still wonder why mankind needs these substances, what is it about us?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

So you've personally talked to these so called "majority" and established there intention have you? What even defines a "spiritual reason"?

I could argue the exact same thing about most the Christians I know. Since I can say with all honestly that some of the most shallow and closed minded people I have ever encountered, have been (mainstream) christian. Where as, most the people I have met who have spent any time actually researching these plants have some incredibly interesting ideas and are usually very open minded.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Absolutely, having experienced both, the most ecstatic experience was the spiritual high, the trance, the natural.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join