It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans unveiled for 7000km Trans SIberian Moscow Beijing Railway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The project would cost more than $230bn (£144bn) and be over 7,000km (4,350 miles) long - more than three times the world's current longest high-speed line, from the Chinese capital to the southern city of Guangzhou.The £144bn construction would mean trains wouldn't have to travel through Mongolian capital Ulan BatorThe 803-kilometre line would be the first stage of the route to Beijing, CCTV said.'If the funds are raised smoothly... the line can be completed in five years at the quickest,' he added.The paper cited a research report that put the cost of one kilometre of Chinese-built fast rail at $33 million.

www.dailymail.co.uk... time-4-hours.html

Boy, that is one trip i would love to take , would be one hell of an experience to travel from Moscow through Siberia to Beijing. Check the link if you want to see the scenery , Seriously stunning .

edit on 18-10-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm with you on that one, would make one great journey and I'd have to stock up on memory cards and spare batteries for the camera.

Mmmmm... 7000Km and £144Billion. UK's HS2 plan is about 200 miles at a cost of £40Billion+

Maybe we should ask the Russians and Chinese to come over and build it for us.

edit on 459Sat, 18 Oct 2014 05:01:37 -050001315u14 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
UK's HS2 plan is about 200 miles at a cost of £40Billion+

What are they doing, gold plated railway tracks ?
that sounds Insane

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

It's a government contract with taxpayer funding, so the cost will keep going up, along with the profits to the builders.
Lots of unrest from people as to the need for it too as it only shaves 20 minutes off the time of a standard run from London to Birmingham.

We're not talking intercontinental here!

top topics

join