It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Arrest with possible abuse in Ferguson

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The moment he rammed the police vehicle, knowing full well they were law enforcement, he raised the situation to that of a deadly force encounter.
I have to disagree with the deadly force part because the force was applied but caused no deaths. I agree the stakes were raised but not that high but high enough to quall any further agression. I may stand corrected if factors such as speed and such could be matched to a simular event where death was the outcome of a simular situation.
ie slow speed ramming is not deadly but a car being hit at high speeds would be. Then we have to determine intent.
However any harm to the suspect is likely warrented because the actions put the officers in a decision making process that likely raised their concern level to the point of wondering what is coming next from the suspect. So at that point it would be under the leo's discretion if more advances were made. but i am just rambling again

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The moment he rammed the police vehicle, knowing full well they were law enforcement, he raised the situation to that of a deadly force encounter.
I have to disagree with the deadly force part because the force was applied but caused no deaths. I agree the stakes were raised but not that high but high enough to quall any further agression. I may stand corrected if factors such as speed and such could be matched to a simular event where death was the outcome of a simular situation.
ie slow speed ramming is not deadly but a car being hit at high speeds would be. Then we have to determine intent.
However any harm to the suspect is likely warrented because the actions put the officers in a decision making process that likely raised their concern level to the point of wondering what is coming next from the suspect. So at that point it would be under the leo's discretion if more advances were made. but i am just rambling again

HAve you ever heard of someone dying from injuries sustained in a low speed impact?they have been. CArs are considered weapons these days. Just because no one died does not make it any less a attmept to kill.

OH btw, turns out evidence suggest the COP was in the right when he shot brown. just heard it on the news today.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join