It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch and German biker gangs join the Kurds in the battle against ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Western governments avoided putting boots on the ground but that has not deterred Ron from the Netherlands, one of several members of the No Surrender biker gang who have joined the anti-Isis struggle.

A group has reportedly also traveled to the region from the Cologne-based Median Empire biker gang, made up of Kurdish Germans.

The muscular and heavily-tattooed Ron has appeared in a video recorded in Kurdish-controlled Iraq carrying a Kalashnikov and vowing to “combat the [Isis ] vermin”.

Klaas Otto, the head of No Surrender, told state broadcaster NOS that three members traveled to the Mosul region from Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Breda. The three had all previously served as soldiers, he said.

“They are trained guys with lots of experience — with foreign missions, too,” said Mr Otto. “They are extremely disciplined. They do not drink any alcohol, not even on club evenings.”

Asked about their motivation, he added: “They wanted to do something when they saw the pictures of the beheadings.”

Du tch and German biker gangs join the Kurds in the battle against ISIS

SO what do you think ATS? I saw a post by a member of ATS stating that he was thinking about joining the Kurds to fight ISIS. It got me thinking,; How many people from the west are joining the fight AGAINST ISIS? We all hear about people joining ISIS to help establish an Islamic Caliphate. We dont really hear how many from the west go to fight against it of their own accord.

I am a civilian non combatant with no combat training and a family to feed. EVEN I have thought about it. What do former soldiers think about doing? Instead of being a mercenary on a boat fighting Somali pirates or private security for high profile people, is this a more noble and NEEDED venture?

Should there be a more open dialogue created by private citizens to go and help stop ISIS?

I had to side track my aspirations for the profession of arms. I dont think I will be a soldier now but I will probably be a reservist if I can swing it and all the other responsibilities that have been thrown on my plate. I like to think about closing the family business if my dad dies in the next 2 years and going to do something more meaningful than just contributing to society back home. The escalation of armed conflict seems to be getting worse world wide and it will probably be worse unless more is done now to curb armed extremism somehow. I like to BS myself some. I will admit it.

I think the US should do like the German and Dutch governments and give the go ahead for anyone thinking about it. I dont know if they have already but I think it is frowned upon for active duty members of the military. I dont know if any old person can go on their own behalf.

Thats it really. I will just say that I respect these men though they dont need my respect. I thank them for doing what many, myself included, what most can not /will not do.

I wish there was more I could do to help them than just posting BS on the internet and "thinking" about helping them.... with my physical ass at their side.

Honestly I feel somewhat like a coward. It scares me. I want to just be with my family and my soon to be born son. I also dont want his and my daughters world to be the mess I see coming. I just dont know what to think.

The gang touts a quote from Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel on its Facebook page: "I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides."

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 10 17 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There is also this snippet about some Americans doing the same.

Ohio Man Joins Fight Against ISIS in Syria:

"There are a few Americans who wanted to come here and help the YPG in any way we can," he said in the northeast Syrian Kurdish city of Qamishli, referring to the main Kurdish group fighting against Islamist militants in Syria. Wilson is the second American believed to have joined the YPG forces. Reports emerged last week about a 28-year-old Army veteran from Wisconsin who traveled to Syria to join the fight. Wilson said he met YPG fighters through "Kurdish contacts" and that he hadn't yet engaged in combat. "Everything has been fine. They're very nice, very accommodating, hospitable. Very good people," he said of his hosts.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Put the old A10 anti-tank Fighter plane back in service, that would end the isis argument

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: steaming

Maybe they should sell them off to the Kurds. Hell, gift the whole fleet to them and have them hire pilots. At least they would be doing what they were built for. Its better than rotting in a field somewhere or sitting as targets for Raptor target practice.

edit on 10 17 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I shuddered reading this tadaman.

It's like a crusade, religion might have everything and nothing to do with it. Regardless, people are going to fight with a fundamental belief.

I'm surprised this is the first I've heard about travelling fighters willing to take ISIS on.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

LOOK INTO THE FUTURE AND TRY TO SEE HOW THIS SO CALLED PLANET WILL BE FOR YOU AND ALL CLOSE RELATIVES. TOO MANY QUIET, CORRUPT ARMS DEALS TAKE PLACE OUT OF SIGHT - OR SOUND - . TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT AFRICA, THEY ARE GIVEN MILLIONS BY MANY OF THE WESTERN WORLD. SURE THEY BUY GUNS, TANKS, FIGHTER PLANES ETC. THEN WE HEAR ABOUT JUST HOW POVERTY STRICKEN AFRICA IS. THE UK SENT 69 AMBULANCES OUT TO THE SAID SYRIAN REBELS AND ABOUT TO GIVE 750 HOSPITAL BEDS TO THE EBOLA DISTRICTS. YET BACK HERE IN ENGLAND, HOSPITALS ARE BEING CLOSED. CHILDREN SUFFERING FROM BIG C NOT BEING TREATED, . iS THAT WHAT SOLDIERS / SERVICEMEN RISK THEIR lIFE FOR ??? IN A GIVEN FEW YEARS MIDDLE EAST WILL AGAIN DRAW - UP A TREATY AND THEY'LL ALL BE FRIENDS. LET THEM GET ON WITH IT

Apologies for all Capital letters, keyboard is useless

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Oh good can we just send all of the worlds idiots to the Middle East and maybe they can all just kill each other in one shot.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
are they going to invade on their bikes?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Wait just one moment. I live in the Netherlands and have been following this story. The government here are a bunch of fools. First one departement said it is legal to join the kurdish fighters. Then a few days later another departement said it is mos def illigal to fight in another country but the chance of being persecuted is small since they can't track exactly what you are doing or have done while being there (Syria) in this case.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

SO what do you think ATS?

Well they are probably well versed in how to fight so why not let them go. I say we send those who are on death row over to fight and when, or if they come back they receive life without parole. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

SO what do you think ATS?

Well they are probably well versed in how to fight so why not let them go. I say we send those who are on death row over to fight and when, or if they come back they receive life without parole. Just a thought.

Yeah, Lets go kill some people in a foreign land...what was our prize again...oh ye, spend the rest of your life in a prison being raped and beaten....Where do i sign up for this deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yeah, Lets go kill some people in a foreign land...what was our prize again...oh ye, spend the rest of your life in a prison being raped and beaten....Where do i sign up for this deal.

You obviously missed something if you have to ask where to sign up.

And it would be a choice...fight for the right to live, or just take your fate and die for your crimes. Believe it or not Death row inmates don't all want to die,and many would fight for the right to live.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I had to side track my aspirations for the profession of arms. I dont think I will be a soldier now but I will probably be a reservist if I can swing it and all the other responsibilities that have been thrown on my plate. I like to think about closing the family business if my dad dies in the next 2 years and going to do something more meaningful than just contributing to society back home. The escalation of armed conflict seems to be getting worse world wide and it will probably be worse unless more is done now to curb armed extremism somehow. I like to BS myself some. I will admit it.

I think if you feel that strongly, you should do so. But I'd like to gently remind you that raising another generation with common sense and conscience is also making a difference that will be passed on for generations. Dads are important!

I find myself wishing I could go and fight - make a difference. I'm an old, fat, sick mama but I would raise up arms to fight for right if needed. But I can't and so I raise up my son to go out and make a difference in our world.
edit on 18-10-2014 by kimmie7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

You obviously missed something if you have to ask where to sign up.

And it would be a choice...fight for the right to live, or just take your fate and die for your crimes. Believe it or not Death row inmates don't all want to die,and many would fight for the right to live.

Or sign up for IS when they are over there.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Or sign up for IS when they are over there.

Then they save on the expense of being put to death...win, win either way.

Also know that because someone is on death row that doesn't make them hate their country, and if asked many would fight for that right to live.

In fact many do not get the family visits that one would get with life, so many would do anything to get to see their families, and if offered this they would gladly except the choice.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Oh, I dunno. I'd agree to exterminate the bogeyman, if they were the ones invading my government, phone, computer, car, home, and cranium with their technofascism, and then using the KC* to exact their velvet gloved terrorism which salivates for a one world coup. Like Slayer suggests…exterminate on sight.

But as it is, the guilty party are the very ones who created 'Isis'. Gee. Now why would they do that?

Probably so you would fall for it, or pretend to fall for it.

# 305

* Killer Cops
edit on 18-10-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I can empathize with them. Nothing new to this either.

State military's are in a distinct minority historically speaking. Most fighting forces over the centuries have been mercenary in nature. Another healthy percentage has been akin to these bikers.

If their efforts are welcome, more power to them. For those poo-pooing this because it is 'illegal' in some manner or it is not a 'proper' military, you are entitled to that opinion.

Just be aware next time you feel strongly enough about this or that issue and independently take action there will be plenty of bench warmers claiming you are in the wrong and you need to wait for the state to 'fix' things.

new topics

top topics

join