It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 highest paid CEOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So the Walton kids deserve their pay too? They sure as hell built nothing at all. Their daddy did the work. All they've done is destroy the middle class, the small business owners, and the rights of workers everywhere. Teddy Roosevelt is floating around somewhere frothing at the mouth with anger. Everything he fought for is just gone.

It's sad how all the ideals of America are just dead and give except the bad ones. We kept the racism, greed, and warmongering but dropped the opportunity, equal rights, and democracy.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What end point is worse than where we're heading now?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Charif Souki 2013 $141,949,280 GBL

Lets see what that breaks down to.

$388,902.14 a day for 365 days

He probably pays more to his lobbyists than in taxes. Hell he probably pays more to accountants to keep from paying taxes than he does in taxes. He probably has it worked out to where he can write off those things as expenses as well.

It's obscene.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10
What would you even do with that much money, I can't even fathom it....I would be happy making enough to not worry about money...like 80k and i thinK that's rich. Y in the world would someone be able to make that much money! I think if there was a cap on high pay...say 10 million, that extra money would help so many things

One financial trick they do is to take out a giant low interest loan when they start employment and get stock options. Then decades later when they leave, inflation has reduce the size of the loan and increased the value of those shares. When the stocks mature, that cancels out the loan.

It's easy to blow through all that money. State and federal taxes take 50% of the salary. Then the CEO's buy a luxury home or two somewhere in the Sierra or Nevada mountains for a few hundred million dollars each. Add the lease of an executive jet, a chaffeur or two, private schooling, nannies, maids, a few sports cars, SUV's, a yacht, medical insurance, and it quickly disappears.

One of California's problem is that the state became heavily reliant on taxes on executives to pay for all their social services. When those people relocated to other states for tax reasons, California's budget was blown up into dust.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

What end point is worse than where we're heading now?

do you really lack the ability to see the possibilities that end game could turn in to??

When the gov can tell the people and the companies how much they can make and what they have to do with their money?

surely you jest..........

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Lets see what that breaks down to. $388,902.14 a day for 365 days

he should ask for a pay rise....he is clearly getting ripped off...

if i made that kind of money i would work 1 day a year and still give more than half away to people in need

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: tavi45

Teddy Roosevelt is floating around somewhere frothing at the mouth with anger. Everything he fought for is just gone.

But his family's money isn't gone. And his $125 million never did disappear.

Puzzling.

TR was a good example of controlled opposition.

Casting illusions of being against something while make the "somethings" richer.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
banks and corporations work hand in hand, once all regulation is gone it will just be a lending fest! it cant ever work..

mathematically, they can put risk onto anything any sell off insurance on it.. over and over and over.
until its this infinite string of transactions and a trillion dollars hanging on the end of it.
Company values go from $1-1$ Billion to $10B to $100Trillion... and financial leverage takes off into orbit!

We will never create a utopia because its all about greed.

companies that earn over $100 million a year need to be properly managed so they pay a fare share of tax and contribute to society! If you were something that was created or perceived while utilizing American life as a pilot then you cannot remove your headquarters for tax purposes - you pay up or you dont operate!

They must be required to build schools, hospitals, research centers, do repairs/upgrades to something.. what ever they choose - put their name on it, run it how they want. - they must do one project every 3 years and have it as a not for profit enterprise.

why should 1 man get all the money required to do this as a bonus.. every fkn year!

edit on pm926318172014-10-17T21:26:15-05:00092014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Please stop advocating for taxes we don't want more taxes we want less taxes and we want the money in the hands of Americans who co tribute not leech off the taxes with bloated jobs filing 1 piece of paperwork a day

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

This man.. and his $146million bonus ain't spending a dollar to help you, improve your nation or build up business.

Let the companies run and build and reduce small business tax to 0.

When they are earning enough to give $146million bonuses.. then you can easily afford the costs of this legislation!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

funny how the Rothschilds nor the Rockefellers are ever mentioned when it comes to the richest people. What about the Warburgs, Goldmans, Baruchs, or Schips? They own the Central Banks that lend money to their peers. Rockefeller's money alone is estimated at $600 Billion in today's figures. Who gets all that interest that is paid to the Federal Reserve? They do but never mentioned, weird!!! Those CEOs mentioned are chumps compared to the central bankers.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sasquatch5100

It's all the same. Just different levels in the hierarchy. They all need to go. People still keep defending them though. It's the sheep protecting the wolves and the wolves don't even need to hide or sneak anymore. They just pick off some of the flock whenever they feel like it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I don't see it as being the same. There's a bankers association quote from the 1890's about them calling in all the loans so they can take possession of most of the farms in the U.S.

(I'll have to find it, had to reformat my hard drive and lost a lot of material).

Think of the bail outs of 2008. They bailed their friends out, not us. It's not the same in the sense that those central bankers control the game. They monopolize the interest rates we all pay, the money supply, and dictate to our govt when they'll loan us more money. Those CEOs have political friends sure but they all bow to the Fed Res. And, they're never mentioned when it comes the wealthiest on the planet because they came up with Tax Exempt Foundations. Check out Congressman Norman Dodd's investigation into those foundations. It made me sick.
edit on 17-10-2014 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

He probably pays more to his lobbyists than in taxes. Hell he probably pays more to accountants to keep from paying taxes than he does in taxes. He probably has it worked out to where he can write off those things as expenses as well.

It's obscene.

So $388,902.14 works out at $48,612.75ph for a standard 8 hour day.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Honestly I don't know how he survives on that little income. Shoulda got his masters degree...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

originally posted by: Grimpachi

It's obscene.

So $388,902.14 works out at $48,612.75ph for a standard 8 hour day.

That would be if he worked 7 days a week.

Look I don't doubt that those guys work more than a 40 hr week probably sacrificing many weekends but they could be working 20 hrs a day for the entire 365 days and their salaries are 1000 times to high still.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's completely rediculous the entire company has to work together and function in its entirety in order the system to work, all cogs as important as the other.

It's so freaking selfish.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: EA006

You can pay one man 80 million dollars a year but in the very same country you have people starving and homeless on the street outside.

What happened to govt' by the people, for the people?

When are people gonna get ANGRY????

I'm angry and I'm working on getting everyone else fired up too.

We should be more angry about the trillions of dollars we spend to kill people. We spend billions of dollars a day killing brown people, but then have to cut food stamps. The military industrial complex is a much bigger problem.

Yes, well maybe not more angry but as angry because who encourages the spending of trillions to kill people? Most of the same CEOs and "lawmakers," into whose pockets those billions go. Yep yep.
edit on 10/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Let's round them up and beat them.

Then take their money.

Then someone(s) else will be the highest 100 paid people.

Then we can get them.

And take their money.

But then there will be another 100 highest paid in the country,

*whew*

We'll get them.

Take their money.

*sigh*

Is there ANOTHER highest paid 100 people in the country?
*sigh*
Okay, we get them.

We take THEIR money also.

Now who is on the highest paid people in the country?

Me?

*crap*

HEY!

MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY!
edit on 18-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Good play to make it look like a war on the rich beezer.

This is about greed not success.

Unless of course you don't think that amassing wealth into a small portion of the population is a bad thing?

You see it's really simple, with all of the wealth concentrated into a few hands then there is no more making money for anyone. The system fails unless we prop it up with fake money and debt.

Notice how the fed has been printing billions out of thin air and you notice the rate of inflation?

That's because in order to sustain our dieing economy they need to co timely pump more money into it and create. Ore debt because all of the real wealth has been concentrated into a few hands and they aren't sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join