It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 highest paid CEOs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
source

LNG CHENIERE ENERGY INC Charif Souki 2013 $141,949,280 GBL
GAMCO INVESTORS INC Mario J. Gabelli 2013 $85,049,800 ORCL
ORACLE CORP Lawrence J. Ellison 2013 $78,440,657 SD SANDRIDGE ENERGY INC Tom L. Ward 2013 $71,119,765 NBR NABORS INDUSTRIES LTD Anthony G. Petrello

Well aren't these numbers obscene?

I mean if that's what the CEOs make what are the shareholders making? I was listening to Jesse Venturas podcast and he was talking about how CEOs should only make 36 million a year. Well I think the better way to do it is by creating ratios for highest to lowest paid workers. Stop paying accountants more then the actual producers you know what I mean?

I'd be interested to see the pay scales for the employees of these companies.

Looking at the top five companies on glass door.com seems like they aren't such bad companies to work for. Anyway I still think that the biggest problem in the U.S. is income I equality, the. The drug war, the education, then background check tyranny..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem in America is gov intervention and over regulation in the private sector..

IE gov over reach....

You want to kill the US economy any worse then what it is and drive companies over seas even more?

Start letting the gov tell them what they can make.....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I think the biggest problem in America is gov intervention and over regulation in the private sector..

IE gov over reach....

You want to kill the US economy any worse then what it is and drive companies over seas even more?

C'mon the Country has been on the same track in favor of the Rich since Reagan started trickle down (some would say long before). It has only gotten worse for the average Joe. It doesn't work, but "They" are in control and that is the only reason this terrible injustice has sustained.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I agree

However, since when has the answer ever been "let the gov control it" in the private sector and it worked?
You really want the people responsible for awesome things like social security, gov healthcare and agencies like the CDC, IRS and and a laundry list of failed and invasive policies, Dictating even more how private business can run??

Sorry no thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I actually agree with you. Your right.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

IE gov over reach....

Over regulation are you joking? If the private sector was being over regulated these guys wouldn't be making this obscene amount of money. The government has given big corporations almost everything they wanted on a silver platter and look at the sorry shape they turned our economy into. Loosing regulations and the moronic free trade agreement is what killed our economy.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I agree

However, since when has the answer ever been "let the gov control it" in the private sector and it worked?
You really want the people responsible for awesome things like social security, gov healthcare and agencies like the CDC, IRS and and a laundry list of failed and invasive policies, Dictating even more how private business can run??

Sorry no thanks

I agree with that as well. Neither seems to work, Capitalism has gone awry. How did it ever work?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The ones making the most money don't work usually, unless it's a hobby.

I for one could care less what anyone else makes. Do I wish I could get $100,000 a billable hour, sure but the fact these people make that much isn't an issue to me.

Now what really upsets me is when a bank targets people with little money and allocates fines for insufficient balances, among other nasty tricks. They target the poor and then punish to add insult to injury.
edit on 10/17/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

well to be honest with you, I dont have the answer.....I wish I did.....

Im not sure it matters what "system" we use, it will be corrupted by human greed........

wish there was a vaccine for that

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
I agree with that too. Good point Buster, I'll bow out now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

YOu can thank special interest groups for that.......

Again thats greed , im not sure that theres a system out there that would circumvent that.......

I DO KNOW that more government involved would just breed more of the same

you think people are underpaid now and worked too hard?

Let the gov dictate what people can make and watch as they filter there way in, it would eventually happen, youd have gov slave labor by the time it was over

And it would be another bad situation with just a different master.......and then you would still have the high paid bought off CEOs kising gov butt and doing whatever they asked them to do, to keep their multi million dollar salaries
edit on 10/17/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's not really a government issue, though, is it? It's more a moral issue with an unhealthy amount of ego, greed, entitlement, and omnipotence thrown in.

Stockholders is the excuse they use for robbing pensions, lowering wages, raising prices, but when they are really the majority stockholders themselves is ths even really allowed to factor in to the excuse?

The employees and the suckers who keep feeding them and their greed and egos are more to blame, and this is where the government might fit in, as in they don't support fair wages and fair prices.

But the majority of the government is in their pockets and aren't really governing at all anyway. They've forsaken that oath and their representation of the people. They are not our government any longer.

edit on 10/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: took out that extra word

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You can pay one man 80 million dollars a year but in the very same country you have people starving and homeless on the street outside.

What happened to govt' by the people, for the people?

When are people gonna get ANGRY????

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What would you even do with that much money, I can't even fathom it....I would be happy making enough to not worry about money...like 80k and i thinK that's rich. Y in the world would someone be able to make that much money! I think if there was a cap on high pay...say 10 million, that extra money would help so many things
edit on 17-10-2014 by neomaximus10 because: more added

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

You can pay one man 80 million dollars a year but in the very same country you have people starving and homeless on the street outside.

I'm angry and I'm working on getting everyone else fired up too.

link   
Lawrence J. Ellison?

He founded the company. Why shouldn't he profit from something he built from the ground up? I don't know about why the other guys are making so much, but leave Larry out of it...he earned what he is making in my opinion. We need MORE entrepreneurship not less.

edit on 2014/10/17 by Metallicus because: Added Line

link   
"Across the board, the more CEOs get paid, the worse their companies do over the next three years"

www.forbes.com...

Even ignoring the obscene pay off CEOs get, the fact that anyone here is saying less regulation is the answer just shows the power of propaganda. We have less regulation of business and finance than at any point in history. The problem is banks and corporations regulating the American people through economic means.

Seriously less regulation? I'm just astounded. There's almost no regulation of the corporate elite at all and you want less? You guys are just drooling. You can't wait for that sweet sweet fascism.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

You have me back on the fence.
I can see how regulation drives out business though.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

yeah greed sucks.....the world isnt fair , i dont mean to sound callous......I dont make anything near that but I spend a lot of my time donating my time and cash because I like to help..........

But see thats me, thats called charity, you cant mandate charity......

The minute you start having the gov tell people how much money they can make and what they have to do with that money you are sliding down a slipper slope with a very bad end point

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm angry and I'm working on getting everyone else fired up too.

We should be more angry about the trillions of dollars we spend to kill people. We spend billions of dollars a day killing brown people, but then have to cut food stamps. The military industrial complex is a much bigger problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join