It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy clown sightings go nationwide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

OMG! Creepy clowns appearing in the same month as Halloween!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

NOOOOOOO!!!

I will be honest and say they did put out one of the most interesting Christmas albums ever. Had "songs" about shooting Santa in the face and drinking malt liquor while he bled. If you don't believe me, Google it. It would probably be against t&c for me to post it. So many f-bombs...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Um, it's racist to call it "clown on clown"!!!

You need to put your "non-clown privilage" in check....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Um, it's racist to call it "clown on clown"!!!

You need to put your "non-clown privilage" in check....

I got clown cred...
they're my peeps.

Red nose in my glovebox next to my 9mm.
And I can fit ten of my clownies in my car with me when I roll.
edit on 17-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'm not racist, I have a clown friend!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

I'm not racist, I have a clown friend!

Don't sweat it, we're cool...

(That one about made me lose beer!
)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I had Budweiser dripping out my nose as I typed that.

Hell, I still laughing.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My (15 year old) son said he thinks it's just hype for the new show.

originally posted by: tavi45
Is this just random copycat stuff or viral marketing? I just find the timing odd with the premier of American Horror Story : Freak Show.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
That's what I thought about at first. If it is a joke, it's darn poor timing.

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Does anyone remember that freaky clown in Briton somewhere who would show up every night and lurk around town?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Who knew that would start a trend?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Maybe creepy clown could be the new orange.

Just imagine if everyone went creepy clown. It would confuse so many people! They like wouldn't know how to prejudge anyone without the benefit of knowing someone's skin color, gender, and so on! There would be pandemonium.

Ha.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Not sure bout the validity of this but it was an entertaining read on another thread from yesterday.

It is also interesting to note that 666 years ago when people were dropping like flies some of the first clowns were seen in the streets of Europe. The clowns were actually a commentary on the outrageous features that were seen on plague victims.

The clown face of course was pale, with enlarged red fat lips and exaggerated tassels or buttons that looked very much like the purple and reddish buboes on the body. The clown was a comical form of the corpse like victim that had the plague. This may be why many people associate the clown with death. That is because 666 years ago there were troupes of clowns that were being trained by the various parishes to entertain the dying and to create a way to laugh at the plague rather than worry about it.

Peter Barnes who is an acclaimed playwright and screenwriter actually penned a story called “Red Noses” which is a fictional account of a priest who trained a group of clowns that he called “God’s Zanies” and traveled through France. Although the play is ostensibly about love in the time of plague, it’s less about disease than it is about humanity’s durability and the power of acceptance and tolerance.

The origins of clowns and how the exaggerated features of death by plague were part of their visage and body 666 years ago brings forth a creepy synchronicity when we think of how people fear clowns today.

666 years after the first clowns were seen administering and entertaining plague victims, it is believed that as much as 2 percent of the adult population has a fear of clowns. Oddly it seems that the fear is increasing as clowns are being used more and more as evil entities in movies and books. Adult clown-o- phobics are unsettled by how clowns are able to engage in manic behavior, often without consequences.

Edit: Heres the poster's source:

www.groundzeromedia.org...

edit on 17-10-2014 by Tucket because: added source

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket
Wow.

This is pretty damn interesting. Thank you.

ETA: Count me in that 2%. I've been terrified of clowns since before I could walk or talk. I'm only in here facing down my fears.
edit on 10/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Someone of these people is going to make a mistake and creep out the wrong person and get a backside full of lead.

Because looking different is reason enough to shoot someone in America? lol

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's just another trend. I'm done being distracted by early Halloween.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Sasquatch for one. Someone with a gun sees Sasquatch. First reaction is to shoot them.

Older Crabtree from Legend of Boggy Creek was going to shoot it but figured it was so manlike he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he fired. That and the possibility it was a man in a suit.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

(Puts tinfoil hat on)

That theory makes sense. Like snakes, birds, bugs, and bats, certain people believe that fear and the apprehensive response to things that could kill or maim you is passed down in our DNA.
The clown thing could be a "modern" imprint.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: xuenchen

Arent they called juggalos?

Those are hepatitis clowns...
don't take their cotton candy either.

Or that crappy fruit punch or whatever they drink.

Hey now, be nice there are a few juggalos on ats, im one of them.
There not all like that, and its called faygo.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Not sure bout the validity of this but it was an entertaining read on another thread from yesterday.

It is also interesting to note that 666 years ago when people were dropping like flies some of the first clowns were seen in the streets of Europe. The clowns were actually a commentary on the outrageous features that were seen on plague victims.

The clown face of course was pale, with enlarged red fat lips and exaggerated tassels or buttons that looked very much like the purple and reddish buboes on the body. The clown was a comical form of the corpse like victim that had the plague. This may be why many people associate the clown with death. That is because 666 years ago there were troupes of clowns that were being trained by the various parishes to entertain the dying and to create a way to laugh at the plague rather than worry about it.

Peter Barnes who is an acclaimed playwright and screenwriter actually penned a story called “Red Noses” which is a fictional account of a priest who trained a group of clowns that he called “God’s Zanies” and traveled through France. Although the play is ostensibly about love in the time of plague, it’s less about disease than it is about humanity’s durability and the power of acceptance and tolerance.

The origins of clowns and how the exaggerated features of death by plague were part of their visage and body 666 years ago brings forth a creepy synchronicity when we think of how people fear clowns today.

666 years after the first clowns were seen administering and entertaining plague victims, it is believed that as much as 2 percent of the adult population has a fear of clowns. Oddly it seems that the fear is increasing as clowns are being used more and more as evil entities in movies and books. Adult clown-o- phobics are unsettled by how clowns are able to engage in manic behavior, often without consequences.

Edit: Heres the poster's source:

www.groundzeromedia.org...

I read that the other day on here too and it was the first thing that came too my mind when i saw this thread ! Another crazy weird coincidence!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My sentiments exactly:-)!!

Mimes are irritating -but not creepy,just damn irritating.The husband and some friends were out one day in some public place,he was in his late 20's.This mime was around and latched onto my husband+his friends,would Not stop bothering them-eventually the husband told the mime :"Look pal I'm not asking again,you don't bugger off now,I Am going to slap you" So the mime starts mimicking slapping some-one,right in my husband's face just about.And so my husband slapped him for real,so hard he went down.Well the mime was very offended,with the "WTH did you do That for??"Attitude+walked off complaining about some people just having No sense of humor-but really he was all-out looking for that slap.He just would not quit before.

But yeah clowns are on another level-even as a kid I could never understand why most other kids found them funny or entertaining.
a reply to: jude11

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join