It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U boat alarm close to Stockholm Sweden.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: merka

originally posted by: spy66
This is the Mini sub that Sweden is looking for and that sent out the destress signal. Its a Triton-NN.

The mini sub theory is just that, a theory. The tanker as a mothership does indicate its a small sub, of course. But we dont know if its a Triton one specifically.

Dropping off a covert agent doesnt make much sense. Sweden isnt a closed country. Russians want to get in? Pack a car full of people and come here via passanger boat. Book a flight. Take sailing boat and dock at one of the many harbours in Stockholm. It aint harder than that. And its far less suspicous.

Picking one up that has been exposed previously... well that is a possibility. But again, I fail to see why they need to be so covert with that too. Just get in a speed boat, go to the mothership which "happen" to pass by, driver take the speedboat back. Problem solved.

This all Depends on what they want to bring With them into Sweden. And where their mission is located.

There are many advantages by entering a country from the sea. You dont have to risk being monitored/piced up by CCTV.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is now a suspect that have been seen in the aria where the sub was observed.

The person dressed in black have been obsreved walking the shore. And Sepo is now checking this person out.

Probably nothing. But might be Worth mentioning just in case.

Personally; i doubt a Russian Spes would walk there in daylight where he could be spotted.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Dropping off a covert agent doesnt make much sense. Sweden isnt a closed country. Russians want to get in? Pack a car full of people and come here via passanger boat. Book a flight. Take sailing boat and dock at one of the many harbours in Stockholm. It aint harder than that. And its far less suspicous.

Sneaking in is only suspicious if you get caught

There are paper trails anytime you enter the country legally. Even if you had well-forged papers, the fewer times you have to show them to someone the better. Certain people or types of people might be profiled or watched more closely upon entering the country. It's risky to bring in weapons and/or communications/ELINT equipment through customs. There may also be areas that you can only access by sea.

Picking one up that has been exposed previously... well that is a possibility. But again, I fail to see why they need to be so covert with that too. Just get in a speed boat, go to the mothership which "happen" to pass by, driver take the speedboat back. Problem solved.

Alot better chance of being spotted and/or stopped by the Kustbevakningen that way. Speed boats rushing out to offshore ships is a neon-lit smuggling profile. You also just added another operative to the mix who is returning to Sweden to get rolled on.

A submersible is much more likely to be in and out without being noticed. Until it has mechanical problems and is spotted by fishermen....

edit on 19-10-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here is one of the images taken of the Sub at surface. This image is also why the Source was trust worthy.

EDIT: The image above is supoused to be the mini sub i posted earlier.

EDIT:

Earlier today NS Concord swiched of its communications and AIS responder. So from now on NS Concord identification system is turned of and the ship cant be monitored by ID.

At the same time Professor Logachev is on its way from St Petersburg. It left last night.
Professor Logachev is specially designed for Subsea detection and sea-bed mapping. It it said that it is very suited for the fresh and saltwater conditions that would be a problem around Stockholm.

My Guess is that the sub is still within the Swedish shores. Since they have sendt Professor Logachev to the location.

Since the sub have surfaced once it might have recharged its batteries and air Storage, that makes it capable of staying hidden under water for up to 5 +- days. If so something should happen on tuesday or wednesday. But that Depends on where it brakes the surface compared to where the Swedish navy is at that time. If they dont spot it visually they wont find it.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Det hele er veldig rart

From what I gather, there are two "mystery" ships on way to Sweden, one of these ships turned off their transponder. It's also said that they believe that the mini-sub may have laid mines. My question though is why? Are they gearing up for something? If they're setting mines, wouldn't that be considered an act of war?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

Det hele er veldig rart

From what I gather, there are two "mystery" ships on way to Sweden, one of these ships turned off their transponder. It's also said that they believe that the mini-sub may have laid mines. My question though is why? Are they gearing up for something? If they're setting mines, wouldn't that be considered an act of war?

There is only one ship on its way at this point and that is Professor Logachev. The oil tanker have been on the location at least since wednsday last week.

The mini sub could have done a number of Things. But its not big enough to bring With it sea bedded mines. These mines are usually a lot bigger than the conventional floating mines, and even these are big. The mini sub would have to do many round trips if it was going to mine the fjord effectivly.

Since it is a manned sub, they could have put passive and active sensor on land hidden in the terain. They could also Place sensors and "explosives" on the sea bed Close to Power lines or Optical communication cables. These Things would probably look like rocks. Because these powerlines and cables are often covered With gravel. They would have to hide these Things and make it look like it belongs there, because if not an ROV could spot them when they do inspections.

EDIT. Just because the mini sub was first spotted at Kanholmsfjärden dosent mean that it is there the mission has been taken Place.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: spelling.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I was under the impression that two ships were on their way? Was I wrong, or did one veer off and no longer heading towards Sweden?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

I was under the impression that two ships were on their way? Was I wrong, or did one veer off and no longer heading towards Sweden?

As far as i know the oil tanker is still there, But it has turned of its AIS ID system so it cant be identified. It has been moving in circles ever since the tanker was mentioned on the News. It will probably leave when Professor Logachev arrives.

EDIT: the sub did give a distress signal. I guss it would be logical for it to be at the location as an observer.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

They're saying they've intercepted a distress call?

Whoops! you'll knew that already!! Slinking off pink-faced......

edit on 19-10-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
www.dailymail.co.uk...

They're saying they've intercepted a distress call?

The Swedish authorities who lead the search will not confirm that there was a distress Call made from the sub. But the swedish FRA have confirmes a distress Call in russian to a swedish jornalist from the swedish SvD newspaper.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Mini Sub have surfaced Three time since it was spotted the first time. Two times on Friday and once today.

The mini sub has been moving to the South and is probably past Ornø since it was spotted early on sunday.

The swedish navy have also put divers in the water at a location i cant remember the name of. I am going to try and find some more information and links. I can not confirm this With a Source yet.

- The Swedish navy have put divers in the water at : Sandshamn. There are images of this somewhere. I will see if i can find them.

Image of the location the mini sub has been spotted:

The mini sub can not be damaged any more since it has been on the move. Unless it is using the underwater current as transportation.

- NS Concorde is owend by "Sovcomflot" and it has Close ties to Putin (100% state owned). NS Concorde could act as a relay station between the mini sub and the Russian main land.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Do people have the Technical Information about the Tanker you are discussing ?

I did a search but come up with a Research ship with the same name , it has all kinds of Equipment for underwater research and detection.

www.soundocean.com...

www.vesselfinder.com...

EDIT : I see it has been discussed a bit , more info about the ship here anyway^

edit on 19-10-2014 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's just a couple of Finnish teenagers who made a homemade sub out of a couple of plastic septic tanks glued together. They do what they do best, get the Swedes riled up.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
According to Swedish media, the Swedish Armed Forces have imposed a No Fly Zone, as well as a No Sail Zone, in the Southern part of the Stockholm Archipelago:

twitter.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CiTrus90
According to Swedish media, the Swedish Armed Forces have imposed a No Fly Zone, as well as a No Sail Zone, in the Southern part of the Stockholm Archipelago:

twitter.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">twitter.com...

Here it is : cannot get the link working , in Dutch anyway

The Swedish authorities take the matter seriously. "In order to protect Sweden we need to know whether and which countries carry out missions in our waters," said the spokesman of Defense. The search area is Monday moved slightly to the south, to an archipelago near the port town of Nynäshamn. Initially, the authorities had banned from sailing set within 10 kilometers of where search Swedish soldiers, but that was lifted Monday at the end of the afternoon. However, you should not fly up to 1,300 meters of altitude, in an area of ​​40 by 60 kilometers from Nynäshamn. The regular traffic to civilian airports in Sweden has no problems.

This up next is something else posted on this news website from my country , i cannot seem to find it on any other website so i canot verify if it is correct anyway i just share it with you see what you think of it.

www.telegraaf.nl...

Sweden has deliberately lied about the location of a picture of a Russian submarine is possible to see. The army of the country did not wiser to other countries. That the Swedish Armed Forces on Monday admitted
Sunday was the picture shown. Which is made by a passerby. Journalists went to the place where the photo was taken, according to the army, but discovered that the plate is shot in a different location.
Swedish military since Friday doing a great investigative action in the Baltic. The country is looking for evidence of a possible foreign underwater operation. According to Swedish media would be a Russian submarine off the coast of Sweden have passed, but Russia denies. The Russians claim that it was a submarine of the Netherlands is, but that is contradicted again by the Netherlands and Sweden.

I hope some one can verify this information with a different source.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've been posting updates about this in another thread. I live in Finland and we're constanly beeing updated in the news about what's going on.
Link to the other thread

Would it in any way be possible to merge the two threads, since they both have very interesting information about this stuff..?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.thelocal.se...

Sweden's military has announced that if it finds a suspect foreign vessel in the Stockholm archipelago, it is prepared to force it to the surface "with weapons if necessary".

Battleships, minesweepers, helicopters and more than 200 troops are scouring an area about 30 to 60 kilometres from the Swedish capital after a "man-made" and foreign object was spotted in the waters.

"The most important value of the operation - regardless of whether we find something -- is to send a very clear signal that Sweden and its armed forces are acting and are ready to act when we think this kind of activity is violating our borders," Supreme Commander General Sverker Göranson said.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
As of 08:00 this morning. The Sub hunt is now finished.

There has been no progress in looking for what ever it was.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join