It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U boat alarm close to Stockholm Sweden.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: spy66

I read your link in it's original language not the translation, now I have a nose bleed.

Why would people be messing with the Sweds? What if it isn't Russian nor American but a USO?

You and your conspiracy theories man, they are way out there.

The Swedes are great allies of the U.S, so maybe the Russkies are just trying to intimidate?

Either that or Julian Assange has sent the Wikileaks Submersible over there?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I swear I read just the other day that (I thought Sweeden, maybe wrong) raised their terror alert level. I cant remember where I read it....anyone else read something like that recently?

Sweden along with what appears to be all of the Western World.

Do the Islamist Fundamentalists have a navy yet? Apparently they are working on an Airforce.
edit on 17/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Here is a image of the location the search is taking Place "Kanholmsfjorden".

Not bad if the sub got all the way in there without being detected.

There are reports of mini-subs and swimmers in Swedish naval harbors during the 80's. I'm not sure how much of that can be found on the web.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Do the Islamist Fundamentalists have a navy yet? Apparently they are working on an Airforce.

No but there are guys with reasons to be angry that do.

edit on 17-10-2014 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978The Swedes are great allies of the U.S, so maybe the Russkies are just trying to intimidate?

I think you're probably right, but the UK and US have both been known to violate Swedish territorial waters, historically. I think the way the story has played out so far ("credible informant") hints that the US or UK tipped off the Swedes to the presence of a Russian sub. This adds tension between the Swedes and Russians, and tweaks the noses of the Russians at the same time. Or maybe you just run an op telling the Swedes that without there actually being a submarine there for the same reason.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

There are reports of mini-subs and swimmers in Swedish naval harbors during the 80's. I'm not sure how much of that can be found on the web.

That could be correct. The Russians experimented With Remote controlled UUV in the late 70s and early 80s.

Both to replace the UDT teams and to scout very Close to shore.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

No but there are guys with reasons to be angry that do.

Ah, all is clear.

Why did I not even consider this? I guess there will be a sub coming up the River Thames any day soon?

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just more links... Still unclear as of yet..

www.aljazeera.com...

www.business-standard.com...

www.key103.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

In Scotland, we could tell that there were Russian subs in the waters around the coast. We just had to look for the fishing boats with no crew but with all the communications antennae on the cab or being towed behind.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

I have to say they look a lot alike , i am no SUB expert though.

www.marineschepen.nl...

https:// www.google.nl/search?q=duikboot+walrus+klasse&biw=1920&bih=985&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=AnxBVIzzCMfXPJ7ngdgB&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Difficult to believe the Dutch Navy runs these kinds off Ops without informing Sweden , with all the Intercepts done by Russian airfighters in the region the last few weeks i too lean towards Russia , Murmansk is also relativly close , maybe some one took a wrong turn

edit on 17-10-2014 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

There were a lot of "fishing trawlers" out there back then. Still are, just not as many.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

In 1981 A Russian U boat U-137 got stranded in Gåsefjärden just outside Landskrona.

Yes. This was called "Whiskey on the rocks."

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I read your link in it's original language not the translation, now I have a nose bleed.

Why would people be messing with the Sweds? What if it isn't Russian nor American but a USO?

I dont know why anyone would mess With sweden. They to are probably playing covert games under the table?

I know they have very good subs and Technology to detct very sophisticated subs. Maybe its a test run. The Sub was first spotted by a person. Not Technology. What ever it is, it is very quiet because they have not found it yet.
Then its probably a USO

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Remember when that Chinese sub fired an intercontinental from Los Angeles Harbor
and sent it back to the Gobi desert ? Show offs...
or was I not supposed to talk about that ?

Maybe be on the look out for an odd looking
"airplane" with a contrail that starts at the surface
of the ocean around the Swedish coast.
edit on 18-10-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
But they have informed Sweden.

In fact, the last week there was a naval exercise with joint Dutch and Swedish forces in the area. Monday to friday. Coincidence? Unlikely.

The press is probably dramaticing what is a training scenario - a Dutch submarine is playing Russian and the Swedish ability to find it is being tested.

originally posted by: TheGreazel
a reply to: mr-lizard

I have to say they look a lot alike , i am no SUB expert though.

www.marineschepen.nl...

https:// www.google.nl/search?q=duikboot+walrus+klasse&biw=1920&bih=985&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=AnxBVIzzCMfXPJ7ngdgB&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Difficult to believe the Dutch Navy runs these kinds off Ops without informing Sweden , with all the Intercepts done by Russian airfighters in the region the last few weeks i too lean towards Russia , Murmansk is also relativly close , maybe some one took a wrong turn

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

They have been searching all night, A swedish defence spokes person will come With more information around noon today.

The defence spokes person said last night that they take this information very seriously. That means this was not a part of the drill earlier.

The defence spokes person said that the reason they take this event very seriously is do to the Source that they say is very trust worthy. It means the Source have some kind evidence of what they have observed.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

Thanks for this info , i was not aware so i did some search , the rest of the Article is about this Subject posted by the OP

Last week was a Dutch squadron still in the Stockholm harbor, as you may have already read in a blog. Submarine Zr.Ms. Porpoise is also part of this squadron. The ships are this weekend in Tallinn, Estonia, after a week of exercises with the Swedish navy. Besides the porpoise would Zr.Ms. Walrus in the Baltic Sea.

www.marineschepen.nl... lm-171014.html

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

I thought that was fired from the USO base off the California coast to stop the invasion of our giant jellyfish overlords?!
edit on 18-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The latest News now is that it is a civilian who spotted the Sub. The swedish defence have ruled out that it could have been something else like a sea creature, a Natural fenomen or a boat. Do to the nature of what this person described to the authorities.

NATO have not commented on the event and i think that is quite odd since their goal is to monitor all Russian Sub Activity.

If a Russian sub can navigate into that Swedish fjord without been spotted by NATO millitary Technology or Swedish. It must be a state of the art sub. And it should concern us how Close to Our cities they can come without being spotted.

The sweeds have not yet found it either, that to should be a concern.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Ok, this is definitely a USO. No one would be this tight lipped and non descript otherwise.

I had completely forgotten this but wasn't this the area where that deep.sea exploration crew found a sunken ufo?
edit on 18-10-2014 by Thorneblood because:

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join