It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry Orders Full Blown War on Ebola - Including Travel Bans From Afflicted Countries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: roadgravel
I'm not in a city. People can run around the big cities infecting each other. Once the population drops and the bodies decay, I might be better off.

Maybe no control is a good thing.

Sounds good in theory, but if it ever really got to that point people in the cities would be fleeing to the country, in massive numbers, many tired, desperate, starving, and have already gone through hell to get there. Some could be sick, and infected... Think you're prepared to fight them off?

We know it is how it will play out. How often have your heard people say they will be heading out. Given the general public's desire to do what it wants to do, it would be messy. Most Americans are going to be their own worst enemy.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Sremmos80
We have less then a handful of people with confirmed cases, ya lets get this wall up and fast!

Very true, about 90 people die EVERY DAY due to motor accidents in the USA,
About 30 people die each day due to gun violence...

But let us ignore them, we have a disaster on our hands due to ebola....

Okay, YOU worry about the gun deaths and the traffic deaths - we'll worry about the new kid on the block that can kill billions of people in months flat.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Where do you get this billions in a couple months???
It's been about that long in Africa and it's not even over 5k yet!
Maybe if we just screw it, everyone go roll around in each other's poop after a bunch of people get it and don't treat a single one of them then maybe we will get a billion.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Was attempting to stay out the Ebola nuts arguments but now their new plan is just idiotic.

Ban flights from Africa to Texas..what about all the other states..still can get in that way.

Let's pretend everyone is an idiot..America and Canada both ban flights from Africa...guess what...they go to other countries to fly to these countries using fake passports..etc. They are also contagious but do not realize it.

Then the virus gets even worse...because now it has spread to other countries..where flights aren't banned. Next our countries would have to ban incoming and outgoing flights not too mention cruise ships..etc from every known country.

So instead of trying to stop the damage at only a few, your plan is too make sure it spreads undetected by other countries, because if people know that Africans are banned from traveling to America..by any way..guess what they will not declare themselves from Africa...will go about it illegally or whatever it takes to get the North America.

Then we lose control of where it is and how we can stop it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: tavi45

We are going to build that wall Texas always wanted...just a few hundred miles north.

Was that Stewart or Colbert?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
we'll worry about the new kid on the block that can kill billions of people in months flat.

Now you are really posting crap.... where do you get "billions in months flat" from?

Your source for that stupid claim is????

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The man who started the problem in Texas wasn't a Texan. Amber Vinson isn't either. Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The truth of the matter is that both the TSA, EMTs, airline and hospital personnel are ONE MORE OUTBREAK ANNOUNCEMENT from quitting their jobs and staying home or bugging out because they don't want to take this home to their families.

You have to control something like this at the source or everything else breaks down, and quickly.

If you know someone who works in a hospital, ask them at what point they'll refuse to go to work and your 'modern western medical model' goes out the window. It's not far off at this point.

This should have been done three months ago; now is better than nothing, but it's probably too late, especially with flu season oncoming. If travel restrictions were put in place three months ago, we could have assumed 'flu' if someone came in with vague symptoms. Now we can't. Do you realize what that means to a hospital? To several thousand hospitals? Seventy people were required to take care of Duncan, including immediate patient care staff, lab workers, cleaners, food people, etc. Seventy people who then went home and exposed their families, and two idiots that got on a plane and a cruise ship. Now how many have been exposed (and there's all the people who went to the grocery store to pick up a few things, and their little kids being dropped off at daycare, etc...).

The exposure numbers are already in the 10s of thousands. For something that looks all the world like the flu for the first 5-7 days.

This smacks the nail on the head, especially the first part! We need to close the incoming from any epidemic area immediately to save the economy - as the people will not continue to work with this kind of threat facing them. Doctors and health care workers, flight attendants, pilots, airport personnel....hotel and foodservice workers, public transportation...police, fire....fuel...food.....when the dominos start to fall, they will fall rapidly, unless something decisive is done soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Can't remember myself. One or the other. I think Colbert.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This whole thread is one of the funniest around at the moment. Fear clouds judgment

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Your right to travel does not trump my right to be alive and to continue to be alive and free of ebola. Is that so hard to comprehend?

"Your right to own a gun does not trump my right to continue to be alive and not be shot"
and
"Your right to drive does not trump my right to continue to be alive and not be killed due to a car accident"

Is that so hard to comprehend?

Excuse me, I should have said---Your right to travel after being exposed to a Level 4 pathogen that kills up to 70% of the people who contract the disease can be suspended under current public health laws to protect the public from your stupidity.
Your strawman arguments on gun control and auto accidents are a reflection of your lack of understanding public health and the repercussions of having taken no precautions against a disease that can cause massive disruptions to a society. Our public health system is obviously not prepared to deal with this disease. Spreading it throughout the US and the world isn't the proper approach in my opinion. We can close the borders or watch the slow implosion of what's left of the health care system.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Texas is the greatest state in America. Rick Perry is the greatest governor in America. The president is too weak minded to do what needs to be done and to manage this country. Rick Perry is picking up his slack. Its just a shame that he can't do what needs to be done for the rest of the country.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Well I am sure Rick perry is going to throw his hat in for 2016, lets see if he can make it out of his own party this time.
Maybe if he doesn't forget his plans in the middle of debate he will have a chance.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45 That's about the dumbest post I've seen yet.

Therefore allow infected/possible infected persons into the U.S.?

We'll let them stay at your house...with your family...

Any action which restricts the spread/transmission is valid. Of course, total isolation is impossible when at nation/continent levels. That doesn't dismiss the positive effect of incremental restriction.

A travel ban was placed on Israel by Obama a very short while ago as "it wasn't safe" for Americans to travel there during the Gaza fighting. There is no sane reason not to ban travel from West Africa...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Texas is the greatest state in America. Rick Perry is the greatest governor in America. The president is too weak minded to do what needs to be done and to manage this country. Rick Perry is picking up his slack. Its just a shame that he can't do what needs to be done for the rest of the country.

Only Texans think that state is great. Only idiots would stand behind Perry for this.

I have no clue as to why they can't see why this is a bad idea..and would guarantee an outbreak into other countries..which would in turn come to America.

The end of the world due to disease will be because a Republican got his way...and all flights were canceled.

The banned Africans would have to go to other countries to fly here....a lot wouldn't even realize they are contagious until it is too late and voila..it's in another country...which in turn those infected citizens would spread to other countries.

Right now we know where the danger is...if the flights ban go into effect...we would lose sight and control of the disease.

I wonder if Perry knows there are whites in Africa, Americans, Canadians..etc and that people can create fake passports and use them at other countries where their flight security would be lacking.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Only Texans think that state is great.

Well I've never even been to Texas. Your first statement is incorrect. You're already off to a bad start.

Only idiots would stand behind Perry for this.

The end of the world due to disease will be because a Republican got his way...and all flights were canceled.

Just when I think I've heard the dumbest thing I've ever heard, someone beats the former record.

The banned Africans would have to go to other countries to fly here....a lot wouldn't even realize they are contagious until it is too late and voila..it's in another country...which in turn those infected citizens would spread to other countries.

This is actually a somewhat valid point. Its incorrect due to the fact that we would be more at risk if their was a travel ban. We would be less at risk for sure. But, if we are going to ban flights, it needs to be a continental effort. I'll agree with you on that.

Right now we know where the danger is...if the flights ban go into effect...we would lose sight and control of the disease.

Oh. You mean by the open borders that Obama doesn't do anything about. As multi faceted as the border problem is, its asinine that Obama isn't doing anything significant about it. Illegals, Isis, AND Ebola triple threat and triple fail of liberal, vote hungry agendas.

I wonder if Perry knows there are whites in Africa, Americans, Canadians..etc and that people can create fake passports and use them at other countries where their flight security would be lacking.

What is the relevance of this last part? Is it a race card being played? I can't tell. Either way. It doesn't seem to apply.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The banned Africans would have to go to other countries to fly here

Exactly how it is now. There are not direct flights, they are passing through other airports.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Rick Perry's such an idiot.

A travel ban doesn't do anything. At all.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

we'll worry about the new kid on the block that can kill billions of people in months flat.

Now you are really posting crap.... where do you get "billions in months flat" from?

Your source for that stupid claim is????

Once the disease left the Congo jungle, it went exponential. Do you in your tiny brain understand what 'exponential' means? It means that 1 person infects 10 who infect 1000 who infect 100,000 and so on. Good ol' Duncan has already caused the need to quarantine over 1000 people, and that's if the count is correct; it's actually far more because everyone THEY came into contact with, etc and so forth, has no clue they were exposed. Yet. The CDC is in error, this is airborne, if only you consider plane travel. The other factor no one is considering is that it now is in a whole new genetic pool; it's possible Africans have immunities built up over the ages that account for the 'only' 70-80% death rate. Europeans and Asians and Hispanics have never been exposed to it before; we may be immune, we may have no resistance whatsoever.

Ebola hasn't changed (supposedly) but humanity has. We don't live in tiny isolated villages anymore where walking is the only mode of transit, something an ill or grieving person is unlikely to do.

Read about the Spanish Flu in 1918 - 1919; the estimated deaths were between 20 and 100 million and there were a lot fewer people on the planet then, and NO ONE WAS GETTING ON PLANES. Troop ships were spreading the disease but they also acted as partial quarantines because they were slower.

In short, it will be a piece of cake for this disease to kill billions of people. It's well on it's way. Especially when people like you are so profoundly obtuse and willfully ignorant.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join