It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry Orders Full Blown War on Ebola - Including Travel Bans From Afflicted Countries

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: seeker1963

So you don't think there would be any planning at all? Just ban all travel simple as that?

And you seem against the current situation we have, but seem to be all for making it even tougher?

So inconveniencing a few travelers from infected countries from coming into ours is making it tougher for us all how?

The government plans and schemes every damn day. Let them finally do something to protect the country!

This current strain of Ebola and outbreak started in Guinea, Dec. 2013.....

edit on 17-10-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutOmatIc

originally posted by: tavi45
So is the rest of the US banning travel out of Texas? I don't want that Texan Ebola.

If they had just stopped air travel from the original infected countries in Africa then we wouldn't have it in Texas. It comes from Africa...not Texas. So your post SHOULD read:

"I don't want that African Ebola"

Humor is such a hard thing to read....

BTW that was an AWESOME joke.

Derek

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Banning travel from there will complicate a lot of matters. But it's preferable to millions dying. I don't think they'll do it though, they seem intent on spreading it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Banning travel from there will complicate a lot of matters. But it's preferable to millions dying. I don't think they'll do it though, they seem intent on spreading it.

I agree!

Inconveniencing travel from infected countries VS the inconveniences and fears that we are facing now? Seems like a no brainer to me. How much commerce will be lost in this country IF this gets out of hand?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You really don't think an all out travel ban from certain countries would not affect the general population at an airport?

We have less then a handful of people with confirmed cases, ya lets get this wall up and fast!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Because the list of affected countries in the Eastern hemisphere is only going to go up and I guarantee there will be travellers who get across before we institute those bans. Furthermore, just the discussion, just the #ing idea we might do this is almost certain to increase the number of people desperately trying to get here before they are banned.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm really weary of hearing these talking heads say that banning travel from infected countries isn't possible. They sound for all the world like a child complaining that their homework is "too hard." Yes, it would take some work and some intelligence but it can be done and if it isn't done, may the Creator be merciful to us all.
From all appearances in Texas, martial law may be the only answer since at least a few of the health care workers there have less intelligence and compassion for others than a box of rocks. When people are stupid where a deadly pathogen is concerned, locking them down IS THE ONLY ANSWER. What good is "liberty and the pursuit of happiness" if your LIFE has been taken by the actions of stupid, selfish people?
I wouldn't blame Perry if he called up the National Guard and put a Guard member at the door of every person being "monitored" in this case.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Does your list of deadly pathogens include:
AIDS
HEP C
SARS
Marburg virus
Eneterovirus
Corona virus
Plague
H1N1

If we set a precedent with one disease what's to stop us from keeping it for all of them?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You really don't think an all out travel ban from certain countries would not affect the general population at an airport?

We have less then a handful of people with confirmed cases, ya lets get this wall up and fast!

Considering there is no known cure, just experimental vaccines and the mortality rate is over 50% for those who catch it?

Yea! Better safe than sorry!

After all, isn't that why we feel so much safer from terrorists today than we did on 911? /HEAVY SARCASM

I find it odd that there are those out there who support the actions of the TSA keeping us safe from terrorists at airports, but find it wrong to prevent people from countries infected with a deadly disease from entering our country without being deemed safe......amazing
edit on 17-10-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprtpilot
WE CAN EASILY STOP THEM ALL FROM ENTERING OUR COUNTRY.

So you want to stop US citizens from entering the USA....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Whats the rate in the US?

ETA: Ok the heavy sarcasm part was not there when i responded, makes much more sense now.

And I don't agree with the actions of the current TSA, I thought neither did you.
So how can those people now call for the same actions to be implemented for those coming from certain countries
Amazing.
edit on thFri, 17 Oct 2014 16:39:17 -0500America/Chicago1020141780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Whats the rate in the US?

Yes lets go down the road of what happened after 9/11 in regards to this ebola situation, we all know how well that turned out for the people....

Better safe then sorry!

Ummmmmm, it started out in Guinea with "1" two year old boy! Do the math.....

Report: Ebola outbreak probably started with 2-year-old in Guinea

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: sprtpilot
WE CAN EASILY STOP THEM ALL FROM ENTERING OUR COUNTRY.

So you want to stop US citizens from entering the USA....

Ever hear of Ellis Island?

"In an act to prevent the bringing in and spreading of infectious distempers in the colony, and stipulated that vessels having small-pox, yellow fever or other contagious diseases aboard should stop on their way to the city at these Island and there be quarantined, under heavy penalties for disobedience".

All it takes is taking the right steps forward.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Very true, about 90 people die EVERY DAY due to motor accidents in the USA,
About 30 people die each day due to gun violence...

But let us ignore them, we have a disaster on our hands due to ebola....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: diggindirt

Does your list of deadly pathogens include:
AIDS
HEP C
SARS
Marburg virus
Eneterovirus
Corona virus
Plague
H1N1

If we set a precedent with one disease what's to stop us from keeping it for all of them?

Medical science? Listening to people who have actually dealt with this disease? Looking at how other countries have successfully handled the problem?
Comparing Hep C to ebola just shows a level of ignorance .... reminding me of a quote from a friend of mine...."I've finally recognized that there's a degree of willful ignorance that's beyond correction."
What is it about Level 4 that is not clear to you?
This argument is as weak and lame as the current "The immigration system is broken" argument. No, nothing is "broken" except the poor, befuddled minds of bureaucrazies whose brains have been eaten away by the political correctness virus. The public health care laws are in place to protect the public. Your right to travel does not trump my right to be alive and to continue to be alive and free of ebola. Is that so hard to comprehend?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Your right to travel does not trump my right to be alive and to continue to be alive and free of ebola. Is that so hard to comprehend?

"Your right to own a gun does not trump my right to continue to be alive and not be shot"
and
"Your right to drive does not trump my right to continue to be alive and not be killed due to a car accident"

Is that so hard to comprehend?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Very true, about 90 people die EVERY DAY due to motor accidents in the USA,
About 30 people die each day due to gun violence...

But let us ignore them, we have a disaster on our hands due to ebola….

The death rate due to motor vehicle accidents and gun violence do not suddenly explode exponentially like is possible with this deadly virus. If you don't get this under firm control early you lose control, as in West Africa. It has nothing to do with cars and guns.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Exactly. But you are being too logical for some people. The government has thrown logic out the window on the Ebola debacle. Just listen to Tom Frieden talk! If this thing wasn't so serious, I would be ROFLMAO.

Crisis Management vs. Risk Management - Our Tiger Woods wannabe is the former.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
Well and don't forget that it is Bush's fault anyway. Dang guy appears to be a Virologist too. Never knew that he was so powerful 6 years later.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I'm not in a city. People can run around the big cities infecting each other. Once the population drops and the bodies decay, I might be better off.

Maybe no control is a good thing.

Sounds good in theory, but if it ever really got to that point people in the cities would be fleeing to the country, in massive numbers, many tired, desperate, starving, and have already gone through hell to get there. Some could be sick, and infected... Think you're prepared to fight them off?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join