It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry Orders Full Blown War on Ebola - Including Travel Bans From Afflicted Countries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
But what they CAN do,is to have travellers' passports checked at points of entry into a country-let's take the US as example.If the person's passports have any recent stamps from a high risk country,Quarantine those travelllers for at least 21 days.Had they done that with Duncan,for instance,poor Nancy Pham would not be fighting for her life now-and Ebola Amber's comings and goings in the last week would not have been a concern to anyone.a reply to: tavi45

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The US solution is a thermometer brigade at 5 airports, honor system quarantines and some guys with clipboards asking if you have been to Africa, with lying receiving no repercussions.

Got it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yippiee.... Niw the rest of the USA should close their borders too. i am so tired of those big-mouthed Mericans... Dont want American ebola in my country.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Yippiee.... Niw the rest of the USA should close their borders too. i am so tired of those big-mouthed Mericans... Dont want American ebola in my country.

Belize and Mexico don't want them either....yea...about us big-mouthed Mericans lol:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The cruise ship carrying a Texas health-care worker who “may have” handled lab specimens from Dallas Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan is headed back to the United States after Mexican authorities failed to grant permission for the ship to dock off the coast of Cozumel, according to a Carnival spokeswoman.

Ebola is from Africa, not America....feel free to let infected people into your own house so that you can take care of them. Otherwise...

edit on 17-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Finally, someone is doing what needs to be done:

CBS Dallas

I don't think Rick can just order it ... he can ask for it nicely, but I'd be surprised if that actually resulted in anything.

It's also not going to be very effective... what if someone flew from Africa to Colorado .. stayed a couple nights then decided to fly home to Texas .. He'd have to make a call to ban ALL travel otherwise it just makes no sense.. it's political posturing to try to look like he's taking a hard line stance on it .. look good for the media.

What about cars too? say someone flew into a neighboring state.. rented a car and came into Texas? is he going to post police at every roadway in and out of the state? it's a silly idea..

The only effective travel ban would be to stop flights leaving Africa to the US period... and even that would only be effective if every other country did the same thing.. because otherwise they could fly to Europe, then fly to Texas from there
edit on 10/17/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
People can call names and talk smack about it all they want.

The ones talking the most trash are the ones who support the expansion of the virus for ideological reasons.

I'm an American and I'd stop traffic from the US from entering my country (hypothetically, if I was another country)
The US has exhibited absolute stupidity from the start and it's all been based on Ideology and politics.

We own it now.
Might as well face it and take care of the problem before it gets any worse.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: signalfire

Maybe it's my phone but have 4G and full signal, but I can't get that video to play cleanly, cab you give a summary of the travel restrictions?

OK you had posted it before I finished, so is he just recommending the air ban? Or did he implement something for texas

The other big deal is suggesting an ENFORCEABLE ban on traveling or going out into public for anyone under quarantine or 'advisement' to not go into public. At this point apparently Texas can't legally enforce either travel bans or evacuation orders.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Let Ebola free!

The collective IQ of our population could actually go up!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Like Duncan went to Brussels first, then flew in from there?
Know what I find funny?

Africans always do the best in our Marathons. Running across borders would be no problem.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So it's just Rick perry up there flapping his gums about things he wants to do but is not allowed to.
He is very good at using all of the days buzz words and phrases in his pressers.

Yes the idea of banning anyone from coming or going sounds good on paper and people will agree with the idea of it. But how can you actually implement it while still giving the people their rights.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Let Ebola free!

I actually laughed out loud...but then I have a twisted sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Let Ebola free!

Unfortunately,
Probably right.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sprtpilot

Uh why are you bringing Obama into this? It's a fact. You can't quarantine a massive place with hundreds of millions of people. Are you suggesting a draft so we have the manpower to do it? Seriously how dumb are people. It's NOT POSSIBLE. That's like saying we could prevent all travel across the Rocky Mountains. We could prevent a lot but determined people would get through and we wouldn't have any idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Just in case you were wondering whether or not he was running in 2016. It is an overstep but it shows guts I guess and if people dont like it he will fold.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: sprtpilot

Uh why are you bringing Obama into this? It's a fact. You can't quarantine a massive place with hundreds of millions of people. Are you suggesting a draft so we have the manpower to do it? Seriously how dumb are people. It's NOT POSSIBLE. That's like saying we could prevent all travel across the Rocky Mountains. We could prevent a lot but determined people would get through and we wouldn't have any idea.

You can prevent people from getting on airplanes. Period. Once word gets out you're forfeiting the ticket money, or will be put in a FEMA camp once you arrive, all those people traveling 'so they can get married to their fiancee of 18 years' will think of something else. Sick people aren't going to be walking across country or continental lines...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Here is how Texas is dealing with ebola...

I'm in Texas and I'd feel better if Texas was handling it that well.
These guys have masks and all skin covered.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Good. Do uou know how dangerous it would be to have a law that puts you at the mercy of the government for 42 days (unless you are forgotten) because you might have had contact with aomething?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

hey,be cool. Its obvious that half of ATS and America already want martial law......
All that crap about freedom means nothing compared to the slim possibility of a massive outbreak.
The worst part? Alex Jones and Jesse V were right.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

What in the world are you talking about? The point is stopping travel FROM the West Africa, Ebola countries. Easily done.

They have to get visas, they have to use their passport, makes no difference how many points they try to get through to get here, WE CAN EASILY STOP THEM ALL FROM ENTERING OUR COUNTRY.

Why on earth haven't the airlines stopped flying out of those countries on their own by now??

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm not in a city. People can run around the big cities infecting each other. Once the population drops and the bodies decay, I might be better off.

Maybe no control is a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join