It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Reporting of Magnitude 12 Quake -- Answer Inside

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I really dont know what to say yet..but here it is...Mag 12quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

looks like they took it down because i don't see it there now.

this thread should be moved.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I'm with this guy. It's pretty obvious there was no massive world shattering earthquake but what could cause such a reading? It was off the coast of west Africa which we know is pretty important geopolitically right now. Are false readings like this common?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I found the explanation I was looking for from Dutchsince on his FB page (no eye rolling please....the guy posts some good stuff, and has actually bothered to make sense of this)

It's an internal computer error, has happened before when a mag 13 showed up in the same spot, a couple of years ago. It appears to happen here, off the coast of Africa because this is where zero longitude and latitude fall, and remember the depth was at zero too.

[url=http://www.facebook.com...[/url]

edit on 19-10-2014 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Awesome. Thanks for the quality info. I looked around but found nothing but I am still a noob

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Magnitude 12 quake would be so strong that half of the planet would have felt it. Its 100x stronger than magnitude 10 earthquake, 1000x stronger than magnitude 9. Strongest ever recorded earthquake was 1960 Chile earthquake, magnitude 9.5, which caused Pacific-wide Tsunami. Also, magnitude 12 earthquake would shatter the ground and create wide crevices. And I don't think so strong earthquake is even possible. Magnitude 10 is absolute max in tectonic quakes, magnitude 12 maybe in supervolcano eruptions and meteor impacts.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae It's an Ebola Cleansing nuke.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes i remember that now and somewhere on this website is a thread about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Africa would be in pieces for a surface mag 12 and the whole planet would be ringing as well as tsunamis from every coast in Africa. Oy.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A magnitude 12 earthquake would have the effect of ~50-100 teratons of tnt. It is estimated that the Yutacan Penisula impact - wich most likely wiped out the dinosaurs - had the equivalent energy of about 100 teratons. There is no nuclear winter at the moment - so the 100% conclusion : This event never happend, period.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Char-Lee

Or something landing near the sensor. Small plane crash, something dropped from a plane, etc.

Hippo fart. They can be quite impressive.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yes it would but it would be a sudden catastrophic event as opposed to ramping up and down on the scale.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I remember sometime last year some of the quake reporting sites showed something like a 10 or 11 up in the northern Atlantic, some kind of false report or error in the decimal. I assumed this was the same as that. Still always a shock to see something like that on the map.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

edit on 21-10-2014 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join