It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Reporting of Magnitude 12 Quake -- Answer Inside

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I watched an tv episode where it hit 10.0mag in midwest usa, it split mississipi river all the way from gulf of mexico to hudson bay in canada. if it was 12.0mag in west africa, sahara desert would be disappear.

i forsee this thread move to gray area forum.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
LOL people... please....

A mag 12.0 earthquake would be an extinction level event the likes of the impact that created the Chicxulub Crater.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
That's hard ti hide from all the private seismos, and beside, True American would be blowing up the forums alongside Muzzy & Puterman.

No, because if there was a mag 12 quake, TA would probably be dead, along with the rest of you. But I promise I'd try to make a post about it while I was being pummeled about and killed!
Oh wait, I already did! But you'd have read to some Last Survivors Chronicles for that...see my sig.

There is no such thing as a mag 12 quake folks. At least not in recorded history. I dunno, maybe if the entire Mid Atlantic Ridge decided to unzip all at once there might be. And correct, seismos worldwide would be off the charts.

The headline to my post would read something like:
"Incredibly incredible, massive, monster, behemoth quake just... AHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

HOAX THIS SUKKA PLEASE. globalincidentmap is the worst. Horrible. No go there. please.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Pretty sure a 12.0 EQ would cause like a 150ft Tsunami hitting Florida/Caribbean/Brazil

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
Pretty sure a 12.0 EQ would cause like a 150ft Tsunami hitting Florida/Caribbean/Brazil

Just Florida? what costal defences has the rest of the Eastern got then? wait. i know, them missing nuclear bombs, what better way to defend ......... send a Tsunami after a Tsunami

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Yea I have to agree a Mag 12 EQ would of made your martini for you on the other side of the planet.

"Shaken, not stirred."

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The Earth splitting in half wouldn't even be a Mag. 12 earth quake remember the scale is logarithmic. It's just not possible to get that big. There would be no tsunamis no extinction level event, it just would't happen.

There is a limit to how much pressure rocks can withstand before they break. So they'd break before enough built up to cause a humanity-destroying quake. Most researchers figure that limit is around 9.6, Johnston said.

sci-why.blogspot.com...

I just put an object the size of mars made of solid iron traveling at orbital velocity hitting the planet at a perfect 90 degree angle into an impact effect simulator and it only projected a Mag 11.9

impact.ese.ic.ac.uk...
edit on 18-10-2014 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Obviously it's HAARP.

I am going with Nibiru.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BGTM90

So it is possible. Nifty.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Thanks for starting this thread! Even if your info isn't quite on-target, it motivates the rest of us to start investigating.

According to the usgs.gov (U.S. Geological Survey, that tracks earthquakes), there has been no recent quake in Africa. The biggest quake recently was a 7.3 in Nicaragua yesterday:

earthquake.usgs.gov...
EARTHQUAKE MAP

Here's another nifty site to check, since it lists worldwide disasters, not just earthquakes:

www.ubalert.com...
DISASTER ALERT NETWORK

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Uh, the largest EQ ever recorded was 9.5 in 1960 in chillie. There is no way this is right.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Not a chance in heck for a 12.

Many members here understand quake numbers are exponential. 7 to 8 big, 8 to 9 massive, 9 to 10 doomsday, 10 to 11 most likely a straight trip to hell, 11 to 12 mind can't even comprehend this one.

Here is a very good link and guide to understand quakes and the charts.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

But I promise I'd try to make a post about it while I was being pummeled about and killed!

lmao!

I needed a good laugh today.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

A magnitude 12 earthquake would crack the planet in half...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So they found a way to stop ebola!
drop a big nuc on it...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
common sense people... Common sense.....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sure everyone agrees a 12 won't happen but what would it take to get a false reading of that mag.? Do we have anyfalse readings to compare with such as accidents and such? What is this comparable to givin that the earth would not cause the reading and that the graph actually picked something up?

How could we repeat the reading givin that the monitor never had any other movements around the time and this was isolated to one station. If all the logical minds can not figure out what happened then we will have to accept the alternative theories such as this was an event that wiped us out but somehow someone stopped it. I think i will take the credit for saving the world this time. Perhaps it has something to do with a certain secret x73b space mission.
edit on 18-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The only logical explanation is that the reading blipped over from a parallel universe.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

No it's not there is a difference between an impact event and an earthquake. When you get into large event like impacts and Mag < 8 they all you can do is theorize the amount of energy released. Now there is a huge difference between energy crated from an earthquake, and and earthquake created by an energetic event if that makes sense. Plus I don't know of any pure iron bodies the size of Mars floating around out there. It also said this:

The average interval between impacts of this size is longer than the Earth's age.
Such impacts could only occur during the accumulation of the Earth, between 4.5 and 4 billion years ago.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I say it has to do with the blue plasma they took to the space station weeks ago. They made a new shield around earth that can send incoming objects into other frequencies that earth does not ressonate in. Long ago when earth began he was in a battle with other beings and one was about to fire a kill shot so he started spinning so fat he slowed time in the heavens realitive to himself and we have known for a long time that the bullet was inbound and we had to find a way to avoid the shot. We have been stuck in a time cycle that always ends with extinction but this time we avoided it and the reading is the only part of our other future that is left as evidence. Carry on Earthlings job well done!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join