It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Woman Can’t Be Diversity Officer Because She’s a White Man Now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It's a girl's school. Should represent the girls. Sounds like dude want his cake and eat it too. On the upside he can join the Masons now.

But ... what's more diverse than a man who used to be a woman on an all-female campus? It's not like he doesn't understand their struggle.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JaxonRoberts

Yeah, because apparently he transgendered the wrong way to fit in with the campus preferred minority group. So he diversified poorly.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Makes perfect sense.....until the person puts "female" on the application and then "dude" just a bit later.

Maybe they were closeted transgender? They hadn't decided what they were yet?

Wouldn't it be terribly ironic if the college experience was what fully cemented the idea in her/his head that she was actually a he?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, don't be soo gender insensitive, I learn all about trangending already, is not a she, is a he that now is a she that wants to be call a he, oops let me sit down I think I got dizzy.

is a he that was a she that now wants to be a he, so it doesn't lose its transgender preferences.

I think I got right now.

edit on 17-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yeah but in this case "male" and "female" DO make a difference.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's a girl's school. Should represent the girls. Sounds like dude want his cake and eat it too. On the upside he can join the Masons now.

But ... what's more diverse than a man who used to be a woman on an all-female campus? It's not like he doesn't understand their struggle.

Because white males cannot every be prejudiced against nor understand what it's like--that's what we're told anyway. "Check your privilege, male oppressor!"

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

John gets the job over Tyrone just about every time. What's the proper term for that?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

John gets the job over Tyrone just about every time. What's the proper term for that?

Are you assuming Tyrone is a black name? That's rather racist of you. My former boss was a fine AA gentleman with the name of John.
edit on 18-10-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Lol Tyrone is a black name. John can be used either way but the black guy named John is far more likely to get hired than Tyrone. It's a proven fact.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Oh marg, this is not our first tango. It's been a few years, but I remember you well.

(post by beezzer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Occurs you remember me, I have been in ATS for way too long, but heck is so addicting I am still here.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Lol Tyrone is a black name. John can be used either way but the black guy named John is far more likely to get hired than Tyrone. It's a proven fact.

99% of stats are made up on the spot.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Oh bunnyman, the irony of that statement. The higher the IQ, and the higher the level of education, the more likely one is a progressive. It's called critical thinking skills, and progressives are far more adept at it. Sorry...

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

99% of stats are made up on the spot.

Really?

Hmm. You may be right.

link   

originally posted by: JaxonRoberts

Oh marg, this is not our first tango. It's been a few years, but I remember you well.

I'm sure she's flattered.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Love it, love it, thanks for the picture, actually I am a great zumba dancers that is how I keep myself in shape.

I am now officially a transzumba.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JaxonRoberts

You are confusing sex and gender. Sex is something you are born with. You are taught gender. You do gender. Gender is not binary, it is a continuum.

Thank God somebody said this. There is not one mention in this thread above that PATRIARCHY has historically been notorious for enforcing rigid gender-specific roles and behaviors, for both women AND men. Patriarchal ideology includes the tradition of assuming women are "naturally" submissive and not capable of what men can do. In the event that someone is at an all-women's college, I find it reasonable (not prejudiced) why the students would be suspect of one student who believes she is a man in a woman's body being chosen for a student officer position on diversity. On some level, the person is saying something like: "I know I'm really a man, and I want to act like a man, but I have this woman's body." It's quite possible the person thinks, "I need to act like a man." Anyone who believes there is one prescribed way to act as a "man" is on the road to being influenced by patriarchy. I am obviously speculating about this specific individual, and there's no detailed info at the article, but there's far more to the issue than assuming a woman with a male gender identity is obviously a great candidate for a "diversity officer" at an all-women college.

edit on -05:00America/Chicago31Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:43:57 -0500201457312 by Petros312 because: Clarification

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join