It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Woman Can’t Be Diversity Officer Because She’s a White Man Now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Thank you for brightening up my day.
It's so great when I don't have to
argue against political correctness for being
a constitutional violation of freedom of speech
and expression, today, I just get to sit
back and watch it punch itself in the face.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

I never understood the whole hetero/homo debate, so I don't really know how this stuff works. It's as if the world only had strawberry and chocolate ice cream and everyone was arguing over which flavor is better. I do love strawberry, but I'd get bored with it quickly if it was the only type of ice cream I ever ate.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
I do love strawberry, but I'd get bored with it quickly if it was the only type of ice cream I ever ate.

Well, some strawberries are tall, some petite, some come in a firm container, some strawberries are plumper, some are top heavy, others are a bit more proportioned and all of them come topped with nuts.

There is plenty of strawberry diversification to keep one entertained.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You have to realize white people are the media opposite of diversity. See how the white man destroys culture, profits off of other people, etc, etc, etc.

As if other races don't exploit, enslave, kill and maim......

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You cant make this crap up. IMO He would be the perfect example of progressive culture. I guess real hardcore progressives arent very tolrant of certain groups or mindsets. Who would have thought.

That really sucks. I hope he moves to the happy center or slightly right of center where real tolerance is lived and not just preached.

edit on 10 17 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I know people who engage in queer theory. I've tried to learn about it since I like to be fair and balanced. It's massively complicated and highly confusing. I basically gave up. I just try not to question when I meet queer/transgender folk. Who am I to judge?

Best analogy I can give is a kid I know who likes to be called Larry Byrd since that's his favorite basketball player. That's not his name but no one sees any harm in it so now everyone calls him Larry Byrd.

If this person wants to be male then whatever. As long as they aren't hiding their biological gender status I see no problem. They should be aware that each gender comes with its own issues. Hopefully He learned from this and doesn't try to sue or something.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
I basically gave up. I just try not to question when I meet queer/transgender folk.

I suggest that you don't give up. Do some more research. Gay and transgender aren't even in the same ballpark.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So she changed into a white guy who would not be allowed in the group yet is upset because she feels she belongs because her change is also diverse. Stupid person is stupid or wants to create new criteria for diversity to suit her needs. Chaos, how does it work?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chishuppu

She wants to be known as "he".
Me? Whatever.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Thats a great view. It really doesnt harm anyone does it?

If you are really tolerant of others thats a great start. It helps towards accepting yourself. As far as giving up on understanding, dont. If you dont understand something just leave it aside to come back to with more insight later and just look at it all like anything else.

I had an uphill struggle to completely understand my gay cousin. In the end I was one of few people he trusted to officially come out to and his only family he was open about it with. I am in no way even slightly well versed in gay culture, but the intent is really enough to meet people half way. They see that and let their guard down so as to feel comfortable around you. Anything you dont know wont keep you from making them feel OK with themselves.

Have a good one.

edit on 10 17 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I do love strawberry, but I'd get bored with it quickly if it was the only type of ice cream I ever ate.

Well, some strawberries are tall, some petite, some come in a firm container, some strawberries are plumper, some are top heavy, others are a bit more proportioned and all of them come topped with nuts.

Are you guys seriously talking about salad tossing??

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you guys seriously talking about salad tossing??

I'm all for tossing the salad. Regardless of where one comes in on the political divide, I'm certain everyone can appreciate just how bizarre this situation is. It's like a collision of perfect storms. I'm certain that many activists would have brain freeze trying to sort this one out.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well, isn't that special.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So let me get this straight... a trans-gendered individual is not fit to promote diversity...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JaxonRoberts

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with alien DNA.

Earth .2 has got to be the best comedy in the Universe right now because we REALLY are ridiculous. And that ain't funny if you think about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I always say that the word "transgender" is nothing but an oxymoron, been exploited for the benefit of a few. . .

Timothy Boatwright, is an opportunistic idiot, could not make it as a woman and now nobody wants her as a man.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I always say that the word "transgender" is nothing but an oxymoron, been exploited for the benefit of a few. . .

Timothy Boatwright, is an opportunistic idiot, could not make it as a woman and now nobody wants her as a man.

The phrase, "hoisted on one's own petard" comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You, know I have not problem with people finding that the gender they are born with is not the one they feel comfortable with and stick with their new gender.

Its the ones that seems to be confused that gets me the most.

You either are or not, is not such thing as "in Between"

edit on 17-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You are confusing sex and gender. Sex is something you are born with. You are taught gender. You do gender. Gender is not binary, it is a continuum.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaxonRoberts
So let me get this straight... a trans-gendered individual is not fit to promote diversity...

she changed her gender to be a man, she expects to be treated as a man and that includes the bull# men have to go through, you can't change to something else yet not want the stigma that comes with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join