It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A folk remedy for killer Ebola: Garcinia kola

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.timeshighereducation.co.uk...

I make a lot of my own herbal tinctures and oils, and I ran across this interesting article. When I searched I found a couple of mentions on ATS, so if this is redundant please delete. I found these seeds on ebay, and as soon as they arrive I will add them to my "Thieves Oil" and "Thieves Tonic". I also added Kale and cayenne (for internal bleeding).

Several Herbs look a lot like what they are good for, like walnuts good for the brain, kidney beans for the kidneys, Ginseng looks like a body and its good for the whole body, anyway, I also added Astragalus Root because the tendrils look like the ebola virus. Astragalus is the purple vetch that grows everywhere at least in California.

I made the grand kids tincture with 100% food grade glycern because it tastes sweet. It will not make as strong of a tincture, as a 80 proof or higher Vodka. But, at least they will take it. Dont put cayenne in it. And do not use "hot herbs" for your thieves oil, they will burn your skin.

For those of us who are not going to trust big Pharma this might be a good alternative. So, please share what you are putting in your herbal or alternative medicine chest.

wellnessmama.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Anytime you see the name Garcinia, it is a scam product. Super doses of vitamin C however have been known to remedy the virus.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I agree with the Vit C part. You can buy high potency Vit C on ebay. I just bought 2 lbs for under 20 including shipping. This is in powder form.
edit on 17-10-2014 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: thesmokingman

I agree with the Vit C part. You can buy high potency Vit C on ebay. I just bought 2 lbs for under 20 including shipping. This is in powder form.

The best way to ingest megadoses of vitamin c is to buy liposomal vitamin c .. ingesting it orally causes the majority of the dosage to be flushed out in urine... that and megadosing vitamin c orally can cause stomach aches..

Look up liposomal vitamin c
the brand I take is "Optimal Liposomal Vitamin C" .. I forget the company who makes it though... I get it on amazon.. not the cheapest, but it's the best tasting I've found.. yes it's still ingested orally but it's surrounded by lipase and so it gets directly into the bloodstream .. the absorption rate jumps to 90% where as normally it would be below 50% I've read...

As for it curing Ebola? I doubt it .. but it surely would help because of the immune system boost... and as for the OP, I don't think you're going to find an herbal remedy .. viruses mutate
edit on 10/17/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Thank you for the vit c tip, I will check it out.
The positive aspect of the herbals is that the virus or bacterial host can not decode the herbal, because herbs are constantly changing. Due to pollination from other plants. I just feel better trying something. Unless it goes airborne, I wont worry too much. (pollinating in the same species if I need to clarify)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Thank you for the vit c tip, I will check it out.
The positive aspect of the herbals is that the virus or bacterial host can not decode the herbal, because herbs are constantly changing. Due to pollination from other plants. I just feel better trying something. Unless it goes airborne, I wont worry too much. (pollinating in the same species if I need to clarify)

I mean I doubt it could hurt .. but if you contracted Ebola your absolute best bet at this point in time is to seek medical attention so you can be properly quarantined to avoid the risk of infecting others in my honest opinion.

Right now there's no real treatment for Ebola anyway aside from keeping the patient hydrated with an IV, maintaining oxygen and blood pressure... other than that, there's no other treatment except perhaps antibiotics to deal with infections that might occur.

The MAIN importance of seeking medical attention is to isolate the patient from others... if you die in your house, your house will be contaminated and nobody may be aware of what's happened.. you yourself may not even KNOW you have Ebola since it starts off flu like... and that is the biggest risk for a further outbreak.. people not seeking medical attention and furthering the spread.

Edit: I did forget one new treatment that's being used is to give plasma transfusions from someone who's survived.. this seems to be helping because it really improves the immune response
edit on 10/17/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That truly is the sad thing about Ebola.. the fact that there's no treatment. The way these outbreaks have been handled historically in Africa is really just to try to contain it so it doesn't get out.. and the mortality rate has also historically been about 90% .. so a small outbreak of say 100 people in a village would be quarantined.. 90% of those who were infected would die... when infections stopped, the outbreak was considered contained..

Now the mortality rate is 70% since these patients are being better taken care of .. but 70% is still high, and there's no cure in sight.

It's also important to realize that when they say direct contact with body fluids, while it is not technically airborne.. this DOES INCLUDE coughing and sneezing (the cdc ebola faq actually confirms this) .. most people seem unaware of that.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This is an interesting article: allafrica.com... From the article:

"Sometime in a day's time, there were about three to four dead bodies in the village and the corpses will be disposed in the village for three days waiting for the burial team to come," the 62-year-old man explained, saying, the longer you keep the dead bodies, the rapid the disease spread according to health workers."
The traditional old man intoned that he mobilized two of his colleagues to carry on the burial of the suspected Ebola bodies on their own due to the obscure absence of the County's Burial Team. "If you called the Burial Team to come and take away the corpses, they will sometimes drag for two or three days and we will not sit and see the bodies to decompose to contaminate the rest of the people" old man Singbeh declared.
When quizzed what precisely he used to conduct the burial in the absence of the world standard personal protective equipment, the traditional old man narrated that he applied traditional herbs on the corpses including him and his colleagues before carrying on the interment. The herbs that I have, if I used it on the dead body, it will not smell horribly for a week, Olman Duwah disclosed.
The street corner debate centered around the authority used by him to bury suspected Ebola body without the required PPEs with others saying the old man is immune to the virus, while others are yet saying that the oldman is working along with the spirit of the dark world."

He lived, but he lost a helper to Ebola. It is not mentioned if the Helper was exposed to Ebola outside of his burial job or not, so I dont know if it was the herbs that protected the old man, or if he may already have an immunity. But, then again there are those "spirits of the dark world".

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Selenium
Vit C
Probiotics (the more varieties in highest dosages)
Vit D
Immodium
Electrolytes
Thieves Oil

Premade beef and chicken stock for broth if need be.
Buy chicken feet and boil and then put into fridge to cool and you will have the most incredible thick and jam packed full of goodness broth. Buy beef bones or hooves and do same thing. This type of broth is very healing for the gut. I freeze baggies and then put into a large baggie and cook from them.

Sauerkraut is very beneficial for immune system too. Any kind of fermented food. It's a good food to include as part of your routine. We no longer eat what heals and nurtures us.

I've been reading lately that Africa is very depleted in in selenium. Is this a factor in the ebola fight there? Not sure but it can't hurt. Many of us are depleted in selenium as our soils are so deficient meaning the food grown is as well.

Boosting our immune system and preparing to boost more if sickness hits.

Remember if you can to stock up on your prescriptions so you can avoid the line ups and possible deletion of meds if something happens (as well as possible infection sites in public).

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Super good advice. Ive been experimenting with fermented foods myself. Had not thought about the selenium.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted misskat1

For those of us who are not going to trust big Pharma this might be a good alternative. So, please share what you are putting in your herbal or alternative medicine chest.

wellnessmama.com...

What are the side effects or potential side effect of this? In my experience Ive found that alot of herbal remedies actually have alot worse potential side effects or interactions with other medications than the medicines they are to ' replace '
Such as me trying to switch to Kava for use in anxiety instead of the valium , klonopin combo I take daily for muscle reoaxation and anxiety relief.
Or the nausea echinidea brings. ( among other potential side effects )
Sure herbs can be help , maybe even a cure, but I wouldnt recommend anything to anyone because alot of people just take information without delving any deeper than the sources and links provided when there may be more important information they need to be aware off. Ive found two plants that are turly beneficial with a well known side affect profile. Those being papaver somniferum and cannabis. They are helpful for numerous things , but not a cure for anything. I do not believe these seeds are a cure for anything , I cannot find any more information that says the6d be a viable cure for ebola. And if they are what hell do they reek on your liver , kidneys , and heart? Not blasting you OP , can you point me in the direction of a side effect profile or forum discussion with real people touting the curative properties?

Eta : in a search w different key words I see where the fda put a company selling ' thieves ' oil on bladt because of the toxicity of items involved. I know the FDA is the government , but that leads me to keep looking and the s#×$ can be downright toxic to the wrong people or if dosed incorrectly. I just dont fall for all the vaccines are evil as hard as some people do. I think kids are the way they are now due to bad parenting and bad diet and being in front of television all day , not from a vaccine they got as a child. Autism connections and other stuff like that..take a look at our water and the build up of all those toxins in a womans body before birth. I wont be the first inline for an ebola vaccine , but I wont be hard headed and eat plants that may burn up my liver and kill me faster than ebola itself when I see no one catching ebola from the vaccines.
Still would like more info / the safety profile that YOU go by , OP.
edit on 17-10-2014 by reeferdonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
All I ever use is apple cider vinegar with the mother (the brown stuff in it). Occasionally I'll use diluted essential lemon oil. I haven't been sick in years but when I was, the last time I ate raw garlic (about 2 or 3 cloves) over 3 hours or so and my cold was gone in 10 hours. It might just be my body, everybody's different but these things work for me.

Curing Ebola, I wouldn't know where to start. I'd worry about modern medical care if I was infected but I'd be more worried about colloidal silver and other substances. I'd try them though, but I'd worry the entire time.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would hope people would research what they would be adding to their herbal pharmacy kit. The side effects of the Chemical Meds scare me more than natural meds.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

With manmade and natural meds it's best to research each of them to the fullest extent. Side effects, interactions with other materials. Not only the medical aspects but the best ways to store them, prepare them, grow or forage depending on location. Also knowing the substitutes for each item and all known uses can come in handy.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The thieve's oil or whatever its called is also mentioned somewhere else. And I don't think its harmful to try something. It may work or not work, and it may be mind over matter or not.

Also, they say collodial silver is good for bacteria but not on virus. Well I'd really look into that as well. Because I don't believe that. However we have a jewelry polisher, one that had reviews specifically mentioned they used it for the lipsomal on amazon, and all the ingredients to make the lipsomal C and of course vit d as well. So not sure thats not the route we'll be taking soon. If I could and had the ingredients, would also make the silver.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

I recently researched the Colloidal Silver, it looks like a useful tool. I was able to purchase a couple a small 99.9% pure silver wires to make it myself if I need it. It doesnt hurt to have a little silver around if money collapses. You cant use anything but pure silver to make it. But, it is very easy to make.

join