It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ZIPMATT

More people in America have died of gunshot wounds in the past hour than have died of Ebola in America since the crisis began. Which poses the greater danger? How much freedom are we going to surrender out of fear? Ebola is nearly always fatal but is not spreading nearly as fast as gun violence. Are you beginning to get it yet?

Your ignorance is baffling. If you had a college degree I would be shocked. Go to College and take a logic course. You will then find out that thing you call a good argument is a red herring and does not apply to this discussion. Quit focusing on the numbers now and focus on what kind of numbers we will be seeing in the future.

Keep calm and read this.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can't help but feel strongly that at this point, President Obama really must go see the Ebola stricken areas of Africa personally. To assess the threat and situation. I also think he should not wear any hazmat suits to reassure his citizens here in the US that everything will be fine, and this is really not that contagious.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

Only an idiot threatens the life of an American President online.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How was that a threat? I did not suggest that he go kiss one of the ebola babies. I agree he should not touch any of them. The professionals say if you don't touch or kiss them, you will not get it. He doesn't think Ebola is a threat. Otherwise he wouldn't allow flights in.

Just suggesting he put his big boy leadership panties on and go show us all how much of a non issue this is. It would end a lot of the drama, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

The professionals say if you don't touch or kiss them, you will not get it. He doesn't think Ebola is a threat. Otherwise he wouldn't allow flights in.

Does your expertise or experience indicate that the professionals are wrong? As for imposing an embargo on Western Africa (that is what you are suggesting), it would do nothing to prevented infected people from entering the country through other routes, while leading to a false sense of security. The key to handling a situation like this is to stay level headed and make realistic evaluations of risk. Most importantly, witch hunting must be avoided.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
originally posted by: DJW001

Does your expertise or experience indicate that the professionals are wrong?

Did it sound like I was arguing with the professionals? Granted I believe there are other ways you could contract, that belief coming only from what I read from other professionals.

As for imposing an embargo on Western Africa (that is what you are suggesting), it would do nothing to prevented infected people from entering the country through other routes, while leading to a false sense of security.

I believe we should at LEAST add a crazy amount of difficulty for those with passports that say they come from epidemic areas. Not limited to Ebola.

Even if this may hit pocket books hard. Mass death would eat away at those pocket books even more.

The key to handling a situation like this is to stay level headed and make realistic evaluations of risk. Most importantly, witch hunting must be avoided.

A realistic evaluation of risk is that if an individual has handled Ebola first hand, he will most likely contract and eventually spread Ebola thus making said person a risk for all others.

As for witch hunting, who in your analogy is the witch?
edit on OctMon, 20 Oct 2014 09:00:32 -050032.tham323214p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

edit on OctMon, 20 Oct 2014 09:04:58 -050058.tham585814p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

edit on OctMon, 20 Oct 2014 09:06:08 -050008.tham080814p by mrsdudara because: trying to get the dang code right. sorry. spelling quote right helps...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join