It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighProfile
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

Right now its way smaller. This won't be the case when it spreads. Gets bigger and bigger.

Can you specify a timeframe? For a virus that is allegedly this dangerous it is not spreading and infecting large groups of people very fast, or at all, even though not much seems to have been done to prevent spread.

What are you talking about? It's just starting in the United States. In Africa we will be seeing 10,000 new cases a week in 60 days. The reality is viruses start slow and then grow exponentially like we are seeing in Africa.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree that unrestricted travel is bad but ebola isn't comparable to the flu. The flu attacks specific organs. Ebola attacks every organ system in your body. That is why this thing is hard to treat.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wishing for more people to get sick to start. Hoping that innocent people die second. Come on you really don't need to be told these things do you? reply to: HighProfile

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Sigh, I have two words for you, the first is "sarcasm" and the second is "context".

I hope to have been of some assistance.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick

What are you talking about? It's just starting in the United States. In Africa we will be seeing 10,000 new cases a week in 60 days. The reality is viruses start slow and then grow exponentially like we are seeing in Africa.

Will we? Says who?

One quick question. When was Ebola first discovered? Is the whole continent dead yet?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Clock is ticking. The nurse flew last Friday and again on Monday. I heard this morning (CNN) she had fever before boarding the first flight. That was Friday a week ago, now eight days. The average incubation is eight to ten days, we are just now entering that window…

So in a few days from now, when you don't see any reports of passengers of that plane coming down with Ebola, will you relax?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Will we? Says who?

One quick question. When was Ebola first discovered? Is the whole continent dead yet?

Actually the WHO says so. Maybe do some homework?

www.breitbart.com...

Ebola was discovered in 1976. The cases that have led up to today were in central Africa in small villages so the spread was minimal. Past cases were different strands of ebola also. The past strands would kill quickly and had a short incubation time. The strand we are dealing with now can have an incubation period of 21 days. This strand is much more dangerous because of the potential for movement during those 21 days.

I feel like I have to restate the facts hundreds of times over in this forum. No one seems to do their homework and bases everything off of what the media is spouting off. Quit listening to Bill O'Reilly and read some documentation on ebola that has some scientific background. Or even better use some logic and reasoning.

edit on 18-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FerronMelwick
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree that unrestricted travel is bad but ebola isn't comparable to the flu. The flu attacks specific organs. Ebola attacks every organ system in your body. That is why this thing is hard to treat.

But flu is much more contagious and the number of people dying from it every year is significantly greater.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Again let me regurgitate what I've said before. The flu is everywhere and so it's understandable that we see some old fart die from the flu. Ebola isn't everywhere and if it was 70-90% of the world would be dead. How do you guys fall for the red herrings that the media keeps throwing our way?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Actually the WHO says so. Maybe do some homework?

Sigh, pun was intended. Yes that's what they say. They also said Swine flu was a big deal when more people died of seasonal flu.

But hey, believe the fear mongering. Check back in a couple of months when it has been forgotten already. If there isn't a big outbreak in the US for instance, in a week's time then there is no real Ebola issue.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: HighProfile

Lol in a weeks time? I'm more concerned with Africa. It won't matter if we stop the spread in America right now if Africa gets out of control. If Africa is taken over by ebola it will spread across the world as african's flee for their lives.

(post by FerronMelwick removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Sigh, the point is that if it is as contagious and dangerous, and taking into account the incubation period, we should be seeing a big outbreak in America within a week.

But this is not going to happen. Which would mean that Ebola is not the big issue you say it is.

Can you understand this line of reasoning?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I dont know and neither do you. perhaps because it is in their environment they have a better immunity to it, makes it harder to catch. I mean look at the Drs without borders and the healthcare workers who have gone to assist, dressed in PPEs and using all the precaution, if you look at those numbers, those statistics the percentages are really high.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You don't seem to connect the dots very well. I feel like I'm arguing with a drooling tard. Ebola is spreading... Of course it's not everywhere YET

Your premise is based on the notion that it is going to spread in the future. It is a prediction. It has no basis in reality.

Come back to make these claims when you have the big outbreak to back it up.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No I can't because you don't know if that will happen and the numbers in Africa say it will.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So in a few days from now, when you don't see any reports of passengers of that plane coming down with Ebola, will you relax?

I am relaxed. You seem to have a problem with dissemination of information, though.

If it was up to you would you censor the news entirely? What you don't know, doesn't hurt you?

What are you doing here?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You don't seem to connect the dots very well. I feel like I'm arguing with a drooling tard. Ebola is spreading... Of course it's not everywhere YET

Your premise is based on the notion that it is going to spread in the future. It is a prediction. It has no basis in reality.

Come back to make these claims when you have the big outbreak to back it up.

My bases is on the numbers coming from Africa. That is reality. Give me numbers that show this has no chance of spreading in america and I would agree.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Then do you agree that if there is no big outbreak in America in the next week, it means Ebola is not spreading significantly?

Also, can you post the actual official African ebola stats?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join