It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Mods, please place in proper forum and change as appropriate. Didn't see this anywhere else on here.

Funny after the CDC Director was talking about being on buses the other day....well not funny...but you know.

(Updated at 12:05 p.m.) Arlington County’s hazmat team is on the scene at the Pentagon due to an possible Ebola case on a tour bus.

Medics responded to the Pentagon this morning for a report of a woman on a bus who was sick and vomiting. When they learned that she had recently arrived from Africa, the hazmat team was called out of “a complete abundance of caution,” Pentagon Force Protection Agency spokesman Chris Layman told ARLnow.com.

Just before noon, the county issued the following press release.

Arlington Responds to Possible Ebola Case

At about 9:10 a.m. today, Pentagon Police officers identified a woman in the Pentagon South Parking Lot, around lanes 17-19, who was ill and vomiting. Arlington County Fire Department (ACFD) was notified and responded immediately with both emergency medical aid and HazMat response team.

During the response, the individual allegedly indicated that she had recently visited western Africa. Out of an abundance of caution, all pedestrian and vehicular traffic was suspended around the South Parking lot, while Arlington County responded to the scene. At 9:53 a.m, the patient was taken to the Virginia Hospital Center; however she did not exit the ambulance. ACFD then transported the patient to Fairfax Inova Hospital.

Arlington Public Health is directing the public health response to this incident. Arlington County has activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and a Joint Information Center (JIC) to manage the incident.

At the Pentagon
Out of an abundance of caution and to allow the investigation to proceed, pedestrian and vehicular traffic around the Pentagon South Parking lot’s lanes 7-23 will remain restricted until further notice. The Corridor 2 entrance to the Pentagon is also closed.

More information will be released when it becomes available.

www.arlnow.com...

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This may seem insensitive, but I hope she does test positive and maybe this will finally be taken for the level of seriousness it deserves by someone.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
sounds like a drill..

someone testing the response times maybe?

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Flying on airplanes. sailing on cruise ships, guided tours.

This nation is playing Russian roulette with an automatic pistol.
edit on 17-10-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yup, insensitive of course but maybe at least we can see Ebola accomplish something we can't.

The perfect place for a cleansing.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Pandora is out of the box.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No regrets from this reply and if it offends oh well. Finally it might be in their playground and about time. Now lets see what happens....

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Maybe this is what we need to get our government to start restricting travel to these areas. A little scare. Now we need someone, who has been to Africa recently, to go on a tour of the white house and toss cookies.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
FEAR! And then help Africa and get vaccines for the flu so that you will be ready when the big ebola vaccine comes...

December is Vaccination appreciation month.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
This may seem insensitive, but I hope she does test positive and maybe this will finally be taken for the level of seriousness it deserves by someone.

On the other hand, if she does not test positive it might not be so serious as it's told, and it's just hyped by fear of people getting stomach problem from bad food or something else completely unrelated, so far suspected cases has been blown up by media, ATS is no difference.

IMO your post makes no sense.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: XKrossX

Poetic isn't it? Vomiting ebola right on the doorstep of those who could have and should have prevented it from coming here, but wouldn't.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin
Pandora is out of the box.

Dont you mean Captain Trips?

All I can envision is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in a dirty brown robe ringing his bell.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I think my post makes perfect sense and I think many would agree, nothing matters until is shows up on your own front lawn

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Wait for the connection to isis or terrorists.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe this is what we need to get our government to start restricting travel to these areas.

TRUE! The administration has been refusing to close flights and to stop visas. Have a little ebola slip into the Pentagon from a tourist and that might change. That's a cold thing to say, but true.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: XKrossX

If this was true, surely it would be reported on all News sites right now headlining the news but it isn't so I have my doubts.

However, if true, it goes to show how close the 'terrorists' are getting to the White House! If this is a Terrorist plot to wipe out those in charge!
edit on CDTFri, 17 Oct 2014 12:17:45 -05000000003112x145x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am hoping this is a drill.

Assuming that this is real and not a drill of some kind, Is Ebola that sudden in its onset of symptoms? This woman felt fine enough to get on a tour bus and then all of a sudden got so ill she started vomiting? I'm honestly curious because if she felt fine enough to go out on a tour of the pentagon one minute and the next she's throwing up all over the place and that's how this virus works, that's pretty scary. Even if it's not Ebola, it's still scary that she got so sick so fast from whatever it is she got sick from.

I can only go on my past experience with getting ill but there's usually some amount of time where I start not feeling that great, so I either don't go out anywhere or go home immediately if I am out, and that's usually plenty of time before I get so sick I start throwing up. Even when I got severe food poisoning a couple years ago, I still had several hours between generally not feeling well to all-out feeling like death warmed over.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nothing being reported on CNN or FOX. Not the TV nor the websites.
Either the Arlington local press got a scoop on them all, or it's a drill ???

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
USA Today picked it up...

www.usatoday.com...

Wall Street journal

online.wsj.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join