It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Ebola in the UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This troubles me. I remember hearing a while back that a nurse went down with suspected Ebola a couple of weeks ago and now there is nothing on the MSM.

British nurse who survived Ebola on his way back to Sierra Leone
source

Run a google search for Ebola in the UK and all we seem to be doing is sending resources to Sierra Leone..

Meanwhile, a Royal Navy ship carrying medical teams and aid experts has left the UK for Sierra Leone.
RFA Argus, which has a fully-equipped hospital, is expected to reach the region by the end of the month and is carrying 225 military personnel.
source

What is going on? Are we in media black out mode, or are our politicians sceptical of the virus reaching the Northern Hemisphere?

We know this is a threat according to this thread..

Ebola is a danger to the Northern Hemisphere

The US are undergoing apocalyptic training now..

All he could tell us was that the Government issued an order this morning for Apocalyptic training. I asked if he could clarify more on what that means and it basically comes down to it being said that they know the outbreak is going to be worst and it will come down to millions of Americans getting the virus. They expect the public to become uncivil and full of fear and start to loot and prepare for the worst.
source

What on earth is going on!?

Watch the void people, and stay safe.. maybe even prepare a months contingency plan for if TS truly HTF.

edit on 17/10/2014 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B
The Nurse (Will Pooley) has recovered thankfully.
He was at the ebola conference a few days ago and he gave an emotional speech.
I think he wants to go back to help them out again,and maybe give some blood for the antibodies.

What a true gent.

As for the Navy ship-I think they are heading to west Africa to set up field hospitals for the infected.

Both have been covered in the news-you may have just missed them.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't know what media you've been watching but while Will Pooley was being treated it was all over the news, he recovered fine and as already mentioned is speaking to conferences and donating blood to help the cause.
Sky News had a guy at the docks all day reporting on the navy ship going out to help the infected so there's been no media blackout at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Will Pooley has been well covered by MSM

Ebola patient to return to West Africa

Ebola patient to donate blood to fight Ebola

Ebola outbreak: Survivor William Pooley is flown to US to give doctor with virus emergancy blood transfusion

As well as other Ebola reports:

Heathrow to start screening passengers

RFA Argus: Ready to deploy

www.royalnavy.mod.uk... nisation/the-fighting-arms/royal-fleet-auxiliary/casualty-ship/rfa-argus

I'll stop with the links now but plenty more exist if you want to re-try that google search.

Run a google search for Ebola in the UK and all we seem to be doing is sending resources to Sierra Leone..

That is pretty much all we can do except border control and since Ebola is isolated in terms of spreading stopping Ebola shouldn't be too difficult. I'm glad to see some decent resources being sent to West Africa, god knows they need it.

I don't know anything about that apocalypse training... Sounds like hogwash but I'll give it a look up.
edit on 17-10-2014 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2014 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: mclarenmp4
a reply to: RAY1990

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you guys, I've been very busy recently.

I agree that Pooley has been covered in the media over the past few weeks and what not , but my main point would be it all seems like clear blue skies.

Don't call me sceptical or anything, but the only Ebola case in the UK is a male nurse who survived and is donating blood to save the lifes of our US counterparts.. It seems odd, or suspicious, that our country doesn't seem to be fearmongering. I mean we can take this in a good way I suppose, but then my next question would be what on Earth is happening in the US, did they just get unlucky?

Thanks for the responses.
edit on 27/10/2014 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/10/2014 by L.A.B because: copying in the response replies.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well I'm still going with Ebola is just a massive scare tactic for whatever reason. I'm not saying the amount of deaths have been tragic or I'm not ignoring them. I mentioned this in another thread, I've got no proof but I remember reading and article a few weeks back how the UK would see its cases rise over the next month or so. But nothing, the way it's been advertised is that's its a horrible virus and it's going to spread like wildfire. I see no evidence of that

I'm also reading that those who have been quarantined have come out as negative. I'm really not seeing no panicing deal with Ebola. Yes it exists yes it's killed people but is it the new plague .. I don't think so

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Is it possible for an affected person that has recovered
to be infected again ... or is it as i suspect.. the recovered are now immune to the virus.

Does any one know the answer?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I think you are immune for at least a few months,then it tapers off-There was a US doctor who caught Ebola in the 70's I think,and his blood was monitired for antibodies for years after-I think they took about 4 years to totally dissapear from his blood.

Can't remembr his name sorry.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Good info.

a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Well I'm still going with Ebola is just a massive scare tactic for whatever reason

In relation to this, a major pharm company (glaxo) does have vested interests in Ebola research and is based in the UK.. curious to speculate is it not?
edit on 28/10/2014 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

top topics

join