It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle of Ebola Nurse Amber Says She Did NOT Call the CDC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The ever changing story... All this time we've been told that she called the CDC. Apparently that's not true. According to her uncle, Ebola Nurse Amber did NOT call the CDC. She called 'a team of Texas health officials' who in turn relayed the symptoms they were told about to the CDC. The CDC then told the Texas team to tell Ebola Nurse Amber to go ahead and fly.

I still want to hear a recording of that phone call she made to the Texas health officials and I'd like to hear the phone call between them and CDC. I'd like to know exactly which symptoms she told the Texas team about and what the conversation between Texas and the CDC was like.

ABC News

Vinson did not directly call federal health officials for permission to board a passenger flight Monday, instead talking to a team of Texas health officials who relayed her symptoms to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, her uncle told ABC News.

“They called Amber back and told her, ‘The CDC is OK with it. You can travel,” Lawrence Vinson said today....

CDC officials said Thursday they are looking into a new timeline for Vinson’s symptoms, with the possibility that she was exhibiting symptoms for days before she sought medical attention. "[We have] started to look at the possibility that she had symptoms going back as far as Saturday ... which has to do with the bridal shop. But some more information that’s come through recently, we can’t rule out that she might have had the start of her illness Friday,” Dr. Chris Braden of the CDC said. “We need to back now to the flight on [Oct.] 10th to give our investigation the right context.”

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Talk about crappy nicknames... Ebola Amber? If she makes it, she'll probably wish she hadn't if she has to live with that nickname for the rest of her life.

I know that most of us can agree that it was highly irresponsible (darn near criminal?) for her to travel knowing that there was a risk (however slight) of infection. But to give her that nickname comes across as pretty callous.

Whether she called the CDC directly, didn't call, called someone else and passed word... it doesn't matter. Everyone involved has royally screwed up, probably beginning the very moment Duncan set foot into whatever airport in Africa. I think that most people can see how everyone has screwed up, and I suspect that there are going to be some figurative heads rolling around the CDC offices. I think that is already set in motion, and the minute details about who AMBER called, when she called, how she called are not going to make a difference one way or another.

Just my humble two cents.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I still want to hear a recording of that phone call she made to the Texas health officials and I'd like to hear the phone call between them and CDC. I'd like to know exactly which symptoms she told the Texas team about and what the conversation between Texas and the CDC was like.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Yeah, that would be interesting for sure.

With all the fear running crazy and the attention its getting in the news it's just crazy that the CDC said "OK, go ahead" and that she was OK with it even.

link   

Heard this yesterday on "O'Reilly". There were no specifics though.

Texas bungled this thing from Day One and they're still bungling it.

link   
What the hell are we supposed to believe?

Seriously, what have we gotten so far that hasn't changed drastically from the original story in everything that is ebola news?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
Talk about crappy nicknames... Ebola Amber?

Typhoid Mary is known for her spreading typhoid. If people get sick from Ambers nearly week long shopping trip while sick, then she will have earned the nickname Ebola Amber. (it's not my invention .. I'm mostly sticking to 'Ebola Nurse Amber' )

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This story keeps changing everyday, it seems.
One thing we know for certain, regardless of the story, is she shouldn't have been traveling. She should have been self isolating, or at the hospital. Nothing can justify her decision to risk infecting others.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
CNN interview with amber vinson's uncle

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is this the new light bulb joke? How many health officials does it take to stop someone with Ebola flying?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
This story keeps changing everyday, it seems.
One thing we know for certain, regardless of the story, is she shouldn't have been traveling. She should have been self isolating, or at the hospital. Nothing can justify her decision to risk infecting others.

I agree, the same story, every day, with a slight variation.

Why do we need a new thread for each version?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
Is this the new light bulb joke? How many health officials does it take to stop someone with Ebola flying?

I starred you because that WAS funny. I think it flew over a lot of heads.

Unfortunately there aren't even any close guesses yet.
edit on 17-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

The nickname sounds like a Garbage Pail Kid.

2nd

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The whole thing is drama BS people! Hey, did you hear about the latest nurse/lab worker that treated Duncan that went on a cruise just days after......it is not true.....it is part of the guise...these nurses sure live awfully active, travelling lives. Every nurse I have ever known works long hours and do not frequently have time for cruises and week long trips to Ohio. Question is.....exactly HOW MANY nurses were caring for this man? You would think that number would be limited for obvious reasons.
ETA: Funny, this lab worker "self" quarantined herself aboard a cruise ship....Nice!!
edit on 17-10-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

‘The CDC is OK with it. You can travel,”

Why is that sticking-out like a sore thumb?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I still want to hear a recording of that phone call she made to the Texas health officials and I'd like to hear the phone call between them and CDC.

Yah, we won't though. Allow me…

She wasn't being guarded 24/7. Lets say she began to increasingly wonder about her exposure , gets worried and decided for whatever reason to fly. Since she is supposed to be staying home in "self isolation" or whatever, we can pretty much figure they wouldn't allow her to go anywhere.

Talk about a prime suspect in a hot zone death scene at a hospital. She knew they would say no. So she just went.

Once the episode about "flying around" the country broke, the only damage control was to say she asked and didn't show symptoms. Then it broke she may have been symptomatic.

More damage control; the story shifts again to say that she lied to the CDC.

Then it becomes, how come they let her fly anywhere? A senate hearing is the result.

More damage control: Now its "communications are garbled" between her, the hospital and CDC. Now everyones to blame, no evidence, and no culpability.

Then we get… the poor girl hospital video.

Thats why they moved her and the other patient out of there. The Presbyterian hospital is unwilling to adhere to the necessary cost of handling their outbreak. If they leave the patients there more people may become infected.

Stop the spread, move the patients.

The entire fiasco at that hospital from the first minute Duncan walked in there till now is indicative of what we can expect from the Medical Industrial Complex, imo.

edit on 17-10-2014 by intrptr because: change, spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well I guess Ebola Amber's wedding is now postponed but I bet the minute she is over Ebola she runs to the altar and then straight on to her honeymoon forgetting that there is a no sex ban for 3 months after someone gets well. Then we'll have Part II of her saga . . . . .

STM

ETA: Does anyone know where she was planning to go for her honeymoon? I'm hoping Washington D.C.
edit on 17-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is what these people do. They omit steps that actually occurred. Now, second hand information is different than hearing it from the horses mouth.
Come to think about it, Doctors seem to pay more attention to what the computer is asking them to ask patients than to what the patients are saying. If you tell them what your symptoms are when you come in, they blow you off. I guess this is acceptable nowadays. Never mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
ETA: Funny, this lab worker "self" quarantined herself aboard a cruise ship....Nice!!

You know, I haven't researched this new nurse yet but when I heard it on the news I thought the whole thing was odd. Apparently she didn't or doesn't have symptoms but is self quarantined on a cruise ship. What happened to her home? How did she get to the cruise destination? Most people need to fly. It does appear very planned. "Hey honey, since I'm one of the nurses that had contact with Duncan, let's go on a cruise and then self quarantine in our cabin. Won't that be fuuuuun?" You have to wonder if these last two are real nurses, they aren't using this for a catalyst to their 15 minutes of fame. And righto, lets go flit about the world exposing hundreds when we should be self quarantining at the very least.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So it actually took twice as many health officials to make the mistake? Guess everyone should just call the Czar - talk to one person, get one answer.

What's his phone number?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join