It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WORLD PEACE... is the biggest conspiracy theory!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

The verse from Mathew you mention is one of the verses I was referring to. There are some others as well. I'm hesitant to explore them at length in this thread though, since discussing the meaning behind this or that Bible passage isn't exactly the topic. I'd make a thread on it, if it wasn't for the fact I've been procrastinating updating my morality thread. I read the essay you linked a few times. Even if that interpretation of those verses is the correct one it would matter little to my position on Christianity as a whole. It's hardly a factor in my lack of belief. It was an interesting read either way, so thanks for sharing.
edit on 18-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
I understand. I found it more fruitful for myself, to ignore such statements as empty words. It is much easier pointing out the hypocrisy once you place the belief system itself, on equal footing as the other Sun/Son religions. To put it simply, it is bull bleep and should be treated like we treat all the other invented religions man has created and abandoned.

Yeah, there isn't a lot that is unique to Christianity, that didn't come before it.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -Lucius Annaeus Seneca the Younger (5BC-65AD)

edit on 18-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Who will do this you say to do (breed all the nonsence out of mankind? You?) Also can you please breed out the greed and violence and pride while you're at it or will THEY do that too? Too little responsibility for your own actions and to much faith in THEY!

Well, the generations of people who come after me I suppose. Hopefully they'll be far more progressive than your average person is now and will hopefully be able to except the reality that no mythological ancient entities are coming to save us.

I'm totally open to the idea that there is a 'they' out there, like maybe a higher life form that came to earth 40 thousand years ago and used some kind of technology to give the primitive hominids of earth the ability of self awareness.

But at this point, it's completely irrelevant whether there is actually higher entities than us or if we are the first forms of intelligent life to inhabit the universe. The fact still remains that nobody is coming to save us from ourselves, world peace will all fall into place once the majority comes to grips with this reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

The verse from Mathew you mention is one of the verses I was referring to. There are some others as well. I'm hesitant to explore them at length in this thread though, since discussing the meaning behind this or that Bible passage isn't exactly the topic. I'd make a thread on it, if it wasn't for the fact I've been procrastinating updating my morality thread. I read the essay you linked a few times. Even if that interpretation of those verses is the correct one it would matter little to my position on Christianity as a whole. It's hardly a factor in my lack of belief. It was an interesting read either way, so thanks for sharing.

Well I am grateful you read it and understood it was a different interpretation of what you understood.
Yes Christianity (Christians) has its flaws.
The bible is very misunderstood and I cant vouch for the accuracy of that understanding I linked, though I accept it as reasonably valid.

As for the OPs views, I agree
Peace is unobtainable, there are seriously flawed characters out there, me included, no matter how hard I try I fail at times, its a broken world with broken people living in it.
It irks me no end to listen to people in church pray for peace as if it is obtainable here without Gods intervention.
We wont see peace on earth, we wont live in peace because its not our nature.
Christ will bring peace when He returns

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
By the replies in this thread, one can deduce that religion itself is being the agitator for war, hate, etc. Look at what is really being said.

Jesus has to come back first. OK, why? Answer, so all of the evil non Christians , otherwise known as your neighbors, can be genocided by Jesus himself before the coming utopia first. Then peace, just for believers can be enjoyed.

The rest of you? Off to eternal punishment for you. Intolerance, masquerading around as tolerant at its best. It is a cult. One depending on mass cognitive psychosis. And, in my opinion said psychosis is on the psychopathic end of the spectrum.

edit on 18-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
By the replies in this thread, one can deduce that religion itself is being the agitator for war, hate, etc. Look at what is really being said.

Jesus has to come back first. OK, why? Answer, so all of the evil non Christians , otherwise known as your neighbors, can be genocided by Jesus himself before the coming utopia first. Then peace, just for believers can be enjoyed.

The rest of you? Off to eternal punishment for you. Intolerance, masquerading around as tolerant at its best. It is a cult. One depending on mass cognitive psychosis. And, in my opinion said psychosis is on the psychopathic end of the spectrum.

How do you get that?
In my above post I say that there are characters in this world who are flawed, I identify myself as a Christian and clearly state I am one of the flawed people as are other Christians.
And it seems you say that I am stating an Armageddon because of all the evil, "Non Christians " do.

"Yes Christianity (Christians) has its flaws.
me included, no matter how hard I try I fail at times, its a broken world with broken people living in it."

Well thats how I understand you understand it, completely opposite to what I stated.

Everyone is broken, everyone is wrong, Christians included, without Christ there can be no peace, yes Christians have been at war, the underlying problem is people, all people.

To then go on and say that we believe Jesus has to come back first before peace can be restored is accurate but to say that we are agitators, pure baseless speculation. All I see is an agitator in you creating an us and them mentality. Thats the last thing I want to see, whatever our beliefs, we are on this ship together, lets work on common ground.

The world has never seen peace since the fall, it wont see peace till Christ returns, anything you say and assume is adding your own beliefs to the mix. Christ taught, turn the other cheek, you are saying that he taught war.
Where?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I get that from your Bible, and observing this thread. Did I make an error describing your mythology?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Exactly. It's good to find others who are not too blinded by the "oh-I'm-so-critic-god-doesn't-exist" type of thing. This is a major aspect of the New World Order. One of the most probable hypothesis is that people will adhere because they think it's all about human evolution (new age, the new aeon...) and world peace. They'll think Christians are the ones who are just too closed minded to see the truth, against progress, so they're the real terrorists and need to go away. But it's so simple, really. If people would only make an open minded research about the correlation between the new age, secret societies, satanism and the new world order, and I mean a really open minded research, it would be plain obvious. I started to do my research because I wanted to know what that "Illuminati thing" was about, I thought I was going to find evidence that that's a lie and completely made up, but quite on the contrary. So I kept doing my research regarding all areas that I could think of: economy, society, control of the masses, right-left politics, education, secret societies, the paranormal, religion, etc.. and I ended up becoming a Christian. The religious aspect of the new world order is the most important one.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

Actually, yes, Christianity, especially fundamentalists, in general, are close minded. I parroted that aliens are demons, for years. Where do you think I heard that from? The pulpit. I am sure some sermons about that very statement and subject are on YouTube for verification.

Any technologically advanced society separate from ours, would have more than enough information and evidence to expose this 1500 year old confidence trick.

For the rest? You assumed I do not believe in God, or better put, The Creator. So, starting off with an assumption like that, doesn't do much for the rest of your argument. Indeed, it reinforces exactly what I said above, as apparently it is your god or no god. Your scripture states multiple times that during the day of the Lord, he comes to genocide all of those on the no side. This is an example of extreme religious intolerance, but I digress.

You then tried to make me assume I believe your god is my god. I do not. I consider the old testament god, one of the last remaining remembered Cannanite tribal war gods. As for the new? A Roman PsyOp, designed to erode a very intolerant religions power base. Or, just flat out made up our off the blue, like other religions. Plenty of material our on the net to easily reach that factual conclusion as well.

I recall seeing a poll just a couple days ago, where Islam would accept extra terrestrial life much easier than the fundamental Christian side. Tolerance indeed.

Again, I'll take my chances with extra terrestrial's being a few billion years our senior.

Have a great day!
edit on 19-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Going off on a slight tangent, many years ago, reading a history book, one paragraph stated that throughout recorded history, there had only been forty three years of peace, I still believe that now, there are more wars than ever these days.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

It seems that you thought I was replying to you... I wasn't. I was making a comment on the thread, based on the first post.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I knew you were not replying to me directly. As you, I read the op and your post. After consideration, I elected to reply to your post. Admittedly, I've read the entire thread.

As that post appears to be a pro Christian propaganda attempt, I disagreed, and addressed your claim and opinion with my own experiences from when I participated in said religion.

If you'd like to address my points about Christian intolerance towards other human beings, or the alleged upcoming heathen genocide, er correction, the glorious appearing of Jesus Christ, and how such an ideology prevents peace, I'm game.

I think all religious extremists prevent peace. Christianity is far from any exception. History demonstrated just how peaceful and tolerant it is when left unchecked. You might know one of those blotches as the Inquisition. The Crusades was a lovely example of Christian peacekeeping and tolerance as well.

For others reading this thread, you can read a fictional, romanticized version of that dream of mass murder in the last few chapters of Left Behind Glorious Appearing. Muslims even get an honorary mention in the sheep and goats judgement. Of course, Christian tolerance in this book points out they get sent to hell too.

Have a great day!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I simply stated where my research has led me. About your comments regarding the cruelty religion brings in, I want to point out that I'm against organized religion, I'm not part of any church and one of the main reasons is exactly because of that. But because some people do cruel acts in the name of something, it doesn't mean that "something" is wrong or evil itself. That's like someone lying about who you are to other people and those people believing it without even knowing you.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A rotten apple, is still rotten. The core of this belief system promotes genocide, religious extremism, intolerance, xenophobia, slavery, apathy, war, and false hope. I could continue, but essentially it promotes everything modern culture recognizes as at best unsound living, and some of those promote barbarisms. In my opinion, this thinking must be given up, in order to progress into a type one civilization.

I am glad you shared your opinion. It allows me to share mine. My own research has taken me on a far different path. My path asks questions like, logistically, how long would it take to Mark of the Beast 3 Billion people, if each person took 30 minutes to compete? Have you ever taken the time to do the math? Nevertheless, 3 and 1/2 years is a pretty tall order to compete that kind of massive undertaking. Even if the mark could be completed one per second, you still quickly would run out of time and only have a fraction of the population complete.

One thing I learned from my fundamentalist days. You are what you worship. So, if you worship a xenophobic, bigoted, intolerant tribal war god that hates knowledge, what will you become like?

What if you choose peace instead, with no middle man?

edit on 20-10-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Give peace a chance

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: moth115

I'm of the same mind but wipe out the human population to a handful of 10 let them breed again and you will end up with the same problems all over again! We need God to come and tell us what's what. ONLY God can save us!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join